• 281 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Streets of Willow

TT#47 - 600PP Racing Car Super Lap @ Streets of Willow.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#47] - 600PP Racing Car Super Lap @ Streets of Willow.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12(615PP RH) by shaunm80 (Use PP Limiter to reach 600PP)

Chaparral 2J '70 by Mr P

Chaparral 2J '70 by coryclifford

Chaparral 2J '70 by Guvna1974

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
image.jpeg
I was the first to get a time under a minute in this one, but @Doodle was the first to get under 59 seconds which is pretty impressive (and another TRL driver beat that time a minute or so later).
image.jpeg
This should be a fun time trial 👍.

oh thats nice.
Just yesterday i did a couple of rounds on this track with a 600PP race car. maybe this will help me to get gold.

I think the most i loose time is in the Omega (turn 4) ist there any clue how to get this section well done?
This one turn is horrible to me.

Got gold straight out of the box with my XJ13.

I have a month to improve my time. The car can go alot faster but i need to get some confidence, not my fave track but i'll get better i'm sure.
IMG_8097.JPG

Nice job.
I will try some different to what feels best and comes closest.
Currently still at work ... cant wait to get home and give it a go :D

Lucky you :lol:

I don't understand how wolf_aono gets this grip in this car, in every event what uses a 2J he faster in corners as if he has more downforce :confused:
I find this on most of the TTs - some drivers seem to be able to corner 10 to 20 mph faster than I can, if I try to follow their ghosts I just shoot off the track......

I find this on most of the TTs - some drivers seem to be able to corner 10 to 20 mph faster than I can, if I try to follow their ghosts I just shoot off the track......
Yeah, setups play a lot with this car.

But I don't understand look how more aggressive I am to wolf

1st lap with my trusty 2J for the Gold and no prize money. I didn't realize the payout was 1.8+ mil. Not alien fast by any means but still a gold. Many thanks to @shaunm80 for the ghost to chase.

Attachments

• 20151203_193907.jpg
    20151203_193907.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 45
My time: 1:07.258. My car: 1970 Chaparral 2J. I actually need some practice around Streets of Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets of Willow course. The last time I remember racing this course, I finished dead last doing one of those shifter kart races there. I think before GT6, I think I had to do a one-lap trial in a Bugatti Veyron around this configuration course in the first "Need for Speed: SHIFT" game. Now on to GT6. This one actually seemed a bit easy as long as you power out of the corners and blast down the straights. The 2J had little problems doing either. The only thing that tripped me up at times was the quick chicane down the backstretch. It would be too easy to overshoot that chicane with your time going foul. In fact, one of my laps was good enough for Gold, but that lap was foul after I overshot that chicane. I entered another one of those serious trances and laid down a 67-second lap lap good enough for Gold. One other thing about my 2J- it is in the same configuration as I had it for the Expert Level Challenge Seasonal at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course. I didn't change anything. I probably could have nailed a 66 or even 65 second lap, but I mostly drove defensively since I am not that good at this course. Race cars that get up to speed quickly will do just fine here.

Oh, and I went with the 2J after seeing the World Rankings.

Used the 2J and I have to say it was a bit scary in some bits. But I won it by the skin of my teeth at a 1:07.5.

Back in P3, Dunno why but im stuggling for the first time in this car, normally very fast but i just don't see where many errors in my lap and any changes on my setup don't do anything :(
It's all up to weight here

Made it with a TS030.
Was quit easy although i didn' know the track. After some round one can get used to it enough to reach gold.

I didnt have this "TOASTER" by now ... this one is ugly as hell ... but i think i have to buy one right ? :rolleyes:

Never drove on this track before this TT, so decided to try learning it from scratch in a Z4 race car.

Took me about an hour to get down to Silver medal times in the Z4, and to have the track halfway memorized. (Was completing probably about 1 lap for every dozen that I went flying off the track and up up awayyyy into the stratosphere babyyyy, hahaha. Good thing the game doesn't simulate bone bruising and internal organ damage during these "learning phases" :nervous: )

Then bought a 2J, and was pretty stunned by how much dramatically faster and better it was compared to the Z4. I mean, I knew it would be a huge, night and day type of difference, but even so, pretty crazy to experience it first hand like that, for the first time (normally I avoid the higher PP TT's, but got too antsy waiting around, since I didn't really do last months' TT's other than the final day, so, decided to finally give the 2J a go).

Dropped my time dramatically right off the bat. Had it completely stock other than adding 200 kg ballast, and power-limiting it to 600pp. But, I noticed it was understeering quite a bit (albeit it was still a ton faster than the Z4 even in its nearly bone-stock understeering form), so, I made a really basic tweak of the raising the front ride height a tiny bit, and loosening the front spring rate a tiny bit and tightening the rear suspension a tiny bit. That seemed to make it understeer a less and pretty close to neutral-balanced. Also lowered the Top Speed setting on the transmission from 200-something down to 170-something I think. Anyway, those tweaks seemed to make another big difference and quickly got a Gold on the very next lap, and then down into 1:06.x after a few more laps.

Arms acting up now so probably gonna leave it at that for a while, but from what I could tell from this first session, I can see I definitely have a 1:03 in me pretty easy, since I was on 1:03 pace up till near the end of the lap before flying through the cones in that 2nd to last sharp turn, lol. Hopefully once I get another session or two in, to learn the track even better, and use some really solid tune on the 2J, rather than having a mostly stock setup, I'll be able to get below the 1 minute mark. I guess that'll be my informal goal for this TT, to go sub-1:00.00. Not gonna try to shoot for a top-250 finish on this one I don't think, or I'll probably end up hating the game. I think I should only shoot for a top-250 or higher on a track that I have a real love and passion for, since on those ones, I feel happy and excited about putting in sessions, whereas on this track, the thought of putting in lots of sessions just makes me frown and shudder, lol.

Oh well, was still fun to get a feel for the 2J finally. Weird car, but pretty cool. Crazy to think that that was an actual race car at one point back in the day. People in the 1970's probably thought it was an alien UFO when they first saw it :lol: :P

(Was completing probably about 1 lap for every dozen that I went flying off the track and up up awayyyy into the stratosphere babyyyy, hahaha. Good thing the game doesn't simulate bone bruising and internal organ damage during these "learning phases" :nervous: )
Thats fun.
As you so did i.
I nearly made it over the fence in turn 3 or 4 (the first fast right bend) then i got stuck in the ditch befor the fence and had to restart the event :D

but in the end all worked out

Ok heheh, got under one minute :D pretty nice for I always hated this car (not alone with this it seems :D ) naah, at least it's quite interesting and different car to drive so I think I have to drive it a bit more, before this TT I had only bit over 1000km on the odometer witch is kind of little considering in how many TT's this car has been used in...

But yeah just one question, do this car get better grip when accelerating? I've understood that this car has some fan under it and somehow I have a feeling that it's powered by exhaustion gases? Am I totally wrong :odd: If this is the case, I think this car requires driving style where you want to be on the throttle all the time :D hehehehhe, weird car :D

It uses a small two stroke engine to power the fans which is used to create suction. Was known to throw rocks and rubber out the back and in the faces of the drivers behind it. Kind of funny.

It uses a small two stroke engine to power the fans which is used to create suction. Was known to throw rocks and rubber out the back and in the faces of the drivers behind it. Kind of funny.

PFFFT :D sounds effective :D mario kart style :D heheheh.... But yeah, is it in use all the time, or only when throttle is open? Just felt like car had better grip when on throttle... Or is the better feeling grip just because weight transfer?

Back