600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Streets of Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 281 comments
get new stability in tuning section 500,000 credits,good as new
I have done that. Butt my tune is ****ed. That highspeed sector before you go to the lasts corners my car slows.. On my best i make a 58.888 I know I can better.

ODB
Pfft heheh, ok got under 58's with 57.916 but it was nothing pretty... Going to have to give a try @Guvna1974 tune later this week for it sure looks completely different than the @Mr P tune I'm currently driving... I mean nothing wrong with it exactly, just have to see how much different it feels lol so thanks for posting it :) 👍

Give it a shot lol.....not known for my tuning expertise lol but the way the 2j handles suits my driving style.....it does handle quite a bit differently tbh but it did the job after a hour or so of persistance :banghead:.....if u get a feel for it will get u round, hopefully under 57.916 :) (even tho 57:916 aint to bad a time considering the motor and the track)

Guvna

did you change anything on mrp tune,i can't improve on 58:894

Well actually I just got rid of front and rear toe and used stock gears just limiting the top speed, can't recall what it was but it's on the limiter coming in to that hard brake after back straight... At least removing the rear toe made it bit more maneuverable... Good luck 👍

ODB
Well actually I just got rid of front and rear toe and used stock gears just limiting the top speed, can't recall what it was but it's on the limiter coming in to that hard brake after back straight... At least removing the rear toe made it bit more maneuverable... Good luck 👍
cheers i'll try that

cheers i'll try that

Oh yeah, I had it on 835kg...

.it does handle quite a bit differently tbh but it did the job after a hour or so of persistance

Heh well I've done few hours on the tune I currently have and even though I could probably squeeze bit more out of it, I'm getting bit bored with it so fun try something else for a change 👍

ODB

Heh well I've done few hours on the tune I currently have and even though I could probably squeeze bit more out of it, I'm getting bit bored with it so fun try something else for a change 👍
ODB

fed up with it:censored:🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Tried out CoryClifford's tune last night. Interesting how different it feels from the Mr. P tune. For starters, I noticed that even when I turned the driving aids off (traction control down to 0 and active steering turned off), it was still COMPLETELY stable at all times. Much more stable than even the Mr. P tune was when I was using Active Steering on the Mr. P tune. The one drawback, if it has one, is that it almost feels maybe a little bit TOO stable (whatever that means, lol) in that maybe it has just the tiniest amount of understeer, particularly on corner-entry of moderate or lowish speed turns.

Anyway, I put over an hour of lap attempts in with it, and got into the 59x's a couple times with it, but didn't manage to improve my 59.500. It was definitely capable of going 58x even in my hands, though, based on the best sector times I got with it. (My best sector times with it were just about even with my best sector times on the Mr. P tune, or maybe a couple tenths slower, but keep in mind, I've put in about 15 or 20 times as many laps on the Mr. P tune as I have on this one, so, I'm guessing it would be about the same, if I was equally familiar with both).

Well, thanks for this tune man, it was lots of fun trying it out. :cheers:

I'm also pretty amped to get a chance to try out Guvna's tune, but haven't been able to yet since my arm nerves got all screwed up by the end of last night's session. But once I give that one a try, I'll give some quick (<--- lol at "quick") thoughts on how that tune feels, as well.

Alright guys, good luck on your laps. Good times (<--- pun intended). :)

Last edited:
it was still COMPLETELY stable at all times. Much more stable than even the Mr. P tune was when I was using Active Steering on the Mr. P tune. The one drawback, if it has one, is that it almost feels maybe a little bit TOO stable

I get that comment a lot in the FITT tunes I do. I like grip and stability. If you keep pushing harder you'll find where it lets loose a little and that is when I'm my fastest.

👍

Body Rigidity done

65/45
7.74/12.74
5/3
3/5
2/6
0/0
0/0
Brakes 3/6
LSD 5/7/5
Power 63%
14 kg at 46%
Trans default, minimum speed then 3.456 Final

430 HP
835 KG
47:53 F/R weight distribution
this looks realy stable. A lot done against the understeering. all grip to the front.

what i don't understand is why the dumpersettings on the rear are working like that.
comp:3
extension:5
am i right ?

normal this should mean the car is drawn towards the ground constantly while extending slower than compressing the suspension. did i get something wrong with this ?

Maybe i should give it a try as well

what i don't understand is why the dumpersettings on the rear are working like that.
comp:3
extension:5
am i right ?

normal this should mean the car is drawn towards the ground constantly while extending slower than compressing the suspension. did i get something wrong with this ?

That is correct. I want the weight to transfer to the rear when accelerating and the weight to transfer to the front when braking. And in a somewhat controlled manor.

I'll share mine. Got me a 58.243 for P58 currently. Been a while since I ran it.

Body Rigidity done

65/45
7.74/12.74
5/3
3/5
2/6
0/0
0/0
Brakes 3/6
LSD 5/7/5
Power 63%
14 kg at 46%
Trans default, minimum speed then 3.456 Final

430 HP
835 KG
47:53 F/R weight distribution
Your setup helped me get 57.229 :)
I did some changing to it as well to get it bit better for my liking
900KG
Put power limit to whatever 600pp is for you
Dampers 3/5
3/5

Everyone seems to have higher top speed to me looking at lower lap times than mine, i guess people are using 900kg-920kg

If i can crack the 56s, i'll be happy to share the tune im using :)
I don't understand. I'm following your ghost Beau and I'm taking exactly the same line, braking point etc. but cannot for the life of me accelerate at the same point, I just understeer or oversteer off the circuit.

Can I ask for insight: what the hell are you doing on corner exits?!

I don't understand. I'm following your ghost Beau and I'm taking exactly the same line, braking point etc. but cannot for the life of me accelerate at the same point, I just understeer or oversteer off the circuit.

Can I ask for insight: what the hell are you doing on corner exits?!
Haha, I'm having his ghost also following, in the beginning I still close but after that first sharp turn I lost it. good driver:bowdown:

Haha, I'm have his ghost also following, in the beginning I still close but after that first sharp turn I lost it. good driver:bowdown:
I'm always 0.0x ahead after the first sector. His sharp reflexes get him ahead by 0.3 after second sector and about 1.0 second at the line. :eek:

PFFT haha what an evening :D I was suppose to test out some tunes to see if they'd give me bit more speed and interest towards this event but ended up doing 2.5 hour "banging my head in to the wall" marathon :D after seeing @beau231 giving thumps up for the tune @coryclifford posted among some changes I though I give it a try first... At first the car felt much harder to handle for all the extra weight but after I got the hang of it it really started to seem like 900kg definitely is faster for the car doesn't seem to mind the extra weight as much as the driver does :D hehehe, also for some reason I started to move the weight towards the rear and after I got the ballast at 35 (79kg giving 45:55) it really started to feel like the car finally had some rotation that I was so much looking for and really didn't took me long after that to beat my record by .002 seconds, witch is always really annoying especially when the start of the lap was really slow and I kept on getting ahead of my ghost with ease but then I started to mess up the hard brake after the back straight... IT REALLY started to piss me off properly around two hour mark (lol) for at that point I had messed up something like 5 really freaking good laps on that same corner and it seemed like I just was doing something wrong but couldn't figure out what hell it was... Heheh, well after calming down and being able to talk to myself without swearing so damn much I took a few laps to follow my ghost and then I realized that I was just trying to come in way too hot in the braking for having a good controlled brake and good line for that tight left gives a way better result than trying to leave the braking for the last moment... Pftt, also that last corner was really giving me headache but THEN after I think after something like 2 hour 30 minutes I got on a decent enough start and was really fast on that right hand sweeper being few tenths ahead of my ghost on back straight and I was able to keep my head together that much that I did mess it up on the hard braking AND I think I might have even been bit lucky on the last corner too finally freaking making a lap that didn't have any totally poor sections (well I could be faster on first sector and before the sweeper but it's difficult) getting down to 57.707 witch really is pretty good with a car I never liked so much, well at all to be honest for it really feels quite "clonky" and sudden no matter how it's tuned lol... Heheh, but yeah, thanks for the tunes and thanks for the tips, bit ridiculous how little I know about tuning but can't really help it so those tunes and tips really are vital to me if I want to make some sort of positions at the leader boards so just keep them coming and I try to help in some other way, writing long stories here at the GTP for instance :D heheh, well can't imagine how it could help anyone but I think I'd give it a shot :D heeheh, ok hehe, thanks guys and good luck, and as always sorry for the text wall :D

EDIT: Oh heck I forgot to mention that I had dampers like beau suggested and top speed was 240km/h with adjusted 3rd gear so it doesn't top out on the back straight

Last edited:
ODB
PFFT haha what an evening :D I was suppose to test out some tunes to see if they'd give me bit more speed and interest towards this event but ended up doing 2.5 hour "banging my head in to the wall" marathon :D after seeing @beau231 giving thumps up for the tune @coryclifford posted among some changes I though I give it a try first... At first the car felt much harder to handle for all the extra weight but after I got the hang of it it really started to seem like 900kg definitely is faster for the car doesn't seem to mind the extra weight as much as the driver does :D hehehe, also for some reason I started to move the weight towards the rear and after I got the ballast at 35 (79kg giving 45:55) it really started to feel like the car finally had some rotation that I was so much looking for and really didn't took me long after that to beat my record by .002 seconds, witch is always really annoying especially when the start of the lap was really slow and I kept on getting ahead of my ghost with ease but then I started to mess up the hard brake after the back straight... IT REALLY started to piss me off properly around two hour mark (lol) for at that point I had messed up something like 5 really freaking good laps on that same corner and it seemed like I just was doing something wrong but couldn't figure out what hell it was... Heheh, well after calming down and being able to talk to myself without swearing so damn much I took a few laps to follow my ghost and then I realized that I was just trying to come in way too hot in the braking for having a good controlled brake and good line for that tight left gives a way better result than trying to leave the braking for the last moment... Pftt, also that last corner was really giving me headache but THEN after I think after something like 2 hour 30 minutes I got on a decent enough start and was really fast on that right hand sweeper being few tenths ahead of my ghost on back straight and I was able to keep my head together that much that I did mess it up on the hard braking AND I think I might have even been bit lucky on the last corner too finally freaking making a lap that didn't have any totally poor sections (well I could be faster on first sector and before the sweeper but it's difficult) getting down to 57.707 witch really is pretty good with a car I never liked so much, well at all to be honest for it really feels quite "clonky" and sudden no matter how it's tuned lol... Heheh, but yeah, thanks for the tunes and thanks for the tips, bit ridiculous how little I know about tuning but can't really help it so those tunes and tips really are vital to me if I want to make some sort of positions at the leader boards so just keep them coming and I try to help in some other way, writing long stories here at the GTP for instance :D heheh, well can't imagine how it could help anyone but I think I'd give it a shot :D heeheh, ok hehe, thanks guys and good luck, and as always sorry for the text wall :D
57.707 is very fast man. Good job.:cheers: I guess I did not become faster as a 58 500.or the wolf must suddenly go all say:lol:

Last edited:
57.707 is very fast man. Good job.:cheers: I guess I did not become faster as a 58 500.

Yeah thanks man it sure wasn't anything easy :scared: heheh, but yeah, try those changes I posted (I also edited the post already) for having more weight in the rear made at least me like the car more... Also I had LSD at 5/11/5 and I think with shorter 1st gear than I used to have it gave really nice exits, witch really are the key thing on this event... Good luck mate :) 👍

ODB
Yeah thanks man it sure wasn't anything easy :scared: heheh, but yeah, try those changes I posted (I also edited the post already) for having more weight in the rear made at least me like the car more... Also I had LSD at 5/11/5 and I think with shorter 1st gear than I used to have it gave really nice exits, witch really are the key thing on this event... Good luck mate :) 👍
I will try tomorrow, thanks for the tip:)

Back