600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Streets of Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 281 comments
Currently siiting in 22nd place with time of 57:817.....Used 835kg and managed this time.....tried more weight (906kg) but still gettin 57:8s.....with current setup reckon i can squeeze another 100th off....will see how it goes :)

Guvna

Last edited:
Was just randomly sitting around day dreaming, yesterday, during a break in a session in this TT, and wondered to myself:

When Polyphony Digital comes up with these TT's, do you think it is kind of quick/random, like they just pick a track that hasn't been used in a while and pick a random or semi-random set of entry restrictions (i.e. pre-1980 car, or MR only, or European Cars only, or whatever it may be), and are kinda just like "Welp... **** it. There it is, baby." and voila.

Or, do you think they kinda have a group meeting about it together, like 5 or 10 employees or something sitting around a table, going over various combo possibilities of certain tracks with certain car/pp criteria, and them all kinda knowing roughly what the "go-to" car is gonna be (i.e. the 2J, or the GSX, or the NSX Prototype or the Shelby Series One or so on and so forth, based on what the dominant car was in events with similar criteria in past TT's) and kind of play it out in their heads/convos with each other about whether that theoretical top-car matchup with the track of choice seems like a good match, or a not so good match

Or, do you think they take it a step beyond that, and like, preemptively flesh out the predicted dominant-car-track-combo outcome, by actually test driving a bunch of laps in the car they know will end up being the fast go-to car for that TT, and have numerous members of their staff put some actual mileage on the track of choice, in the car that will presumably be the go-car, to see if it actually meshes well with the track/pp/etc of the TT in question, or feels like an awkward matchup, and adjust accordingly if they aren't feeling the vibe?

Like, I remember in the previous TT, Doodle seemed a bit, uh... perplexed/dismayed by the combo of the Vision Chap / Autumn Ring combo for the TT event, and a lot of other people seemed to feel kinda wtf-ish about it, to put it delicately, lol. (I realize not everyone hated the TT, and some people probably loved it. Just using it as an example of an event that got me wondering about this topic in the first place or whatever).

I dunno, just always been curious to know the kind of behind-the-scenes aspect of all this TT stuff, on their end of things, of what kind of process (if any) is going on, and whether they try to put a lot of thought into it, and come up with combos they think a lot of people will tend to like, or if it's more just a random/on-the-fly type of thing.

What are your hunches about this?

(unless it's something they've been asked about, and publicly answered or talked about in an article somewhere or something like that, in which case sorry for the repeat-question, and please link me to said thingie, if that's the case).

Gosh.. I'm at 1:01.6 Some of you guys are beasts in here..
But my problem is I'm not as focused... Can't sit and do 10 laps in a row. Still learning that kind of dedication. (And here I also just started playing Ultra Street Fighter 4... That dedication will be beaten into me!)

1:01 is not so bad , that can only get better, try to find the right tune.

I went with more weight.. 900kg.. Got down to 1:00.9.
Not that big a change, but a change nonetheless.
I'm not very good with tunes.. Will keep hunting for new ones on the site.

So, those of you who are running 59x or faster, are you all using that "Mr. P" variant setup (with adjusted gearing and ballast weight, but still the same suspension/brakes/drivetrain settings as the Mr. P tune)) that was linked at the beginning of this thread from that old Suzuka TT, or are some of you using totally different setups?

I realize some of you guys have gone 57x on the Mr. P tune, so, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it in the slightest. This tune seriously ROCKS. I mean, I've driven hundreds of miles on Willow in this tune, and I love it, it feels very very solid to me, and it's pretty obviously capable of top ranked lap times in the right hands.

That said, there's still more than two weeks left in this event, and I've only tried two setups in this event as of so far, so, I feel like it would just be smart/common sense for me to at least try a few more tunes, in the off chance that even as great as this Mr. P tune meshes with my driving style, who knows, for all I know maybe there's some other tune that would have handling characteristics that I like even more. Like an apples & oranges type of thing, not an apples & superior-apples type of thing, if you get what I mean. And, if I don't find any tunes I like better than the Mr. P one, it's no big deal, I could just switch right back to the old tune at the click of a button, so, no reason not to experiment around with some other stuff a little, right?

So, if any of you have been getting good results in any setups that are different from that Mr. P tune, and are willing to share what setup(s) you've been running, that would be awesome. Would be cool to try a couple other ones and see how they feel in comparison.

Heheh, have to say I've given this some though on my spare time and it really seem stupid that the game has something like 5000 cars but most of the time when competing in TT's we are restricted to use something like 10 cars at the most and at some point it really felt like GSX was in every other TT and that could have been easily avoided just by assigning a car for each TT... What amazes me is why isn't PD assigning more cars or at least make bit more precise rules for TT's so the same cars would not appear all the time.. But yeah, really seems like most of the time they just throw something up the night before, sometimes it has actually seemed like pair of TT's would had made at leat some sense if restrictions would have been set other way around.. And it's a bit sad I missed GT5 TT's altogether (played it only for few months) so I don't know what was going on back then, but I guess I could jokinly guess that perhaps they used all good ideas back then and now their energy is barely enough to see we don't have the same track 2 times in the row and some really vague resteictions... And yeah, we've only had ONE TT in Lotus 97T and I really have to say that that is HUGE pity, insanely fun and exciting car and just trying manage the turbo lag makes me want to drive it more and more... But yeah, guess PD doesn't have to give it too much attention for many many people will take part for just for the sake of competition and on the meanwhile PD is trying to keep the more casual players happy giving bit more attention to a-spec and so on... Don't know, really just hope in future GT they'll give TT's bit more attention, shouldn't be too much to ask...

Last edited:
ODB
What amazes me is why isn't PD assigning more cars or at least make bit more precise rules for TT's so the same cars would not appear all the time..

What amazes me is the whole of GTP just don't get it yet, two years later...

They've been assigning cars since the beginning, I've hinted at it many times.
There's a whole other leaderboard, down the leaderboard if you want to come join us.
The only problem, there's a lot more people using the GTP car these days, because of GTP I guess.
I don't think anybody would be searching the second leaderboard these days, it's getting down in the 10,000's sometimes.

Lot of things this forum just don't get yet.

What amazes me is the whole of GTP just don't get it yet, two years later...

They've been assigning cars since the beginning, I've hinted at it many times.
There's a whole other leaderboard, down the leaderboard if you want to come join us.
The only problem, there's a lot more people using the GTP car these days, because of GTP I guess.
I don't think anybody would be searching the second leaderboard these days, it's getting down in the 10,000's sometimes.

Lot of things this forum just don't get yet.

Heh well I was totally fresh for this TT thing few years a go so for long time it has done it for me (and still does) that we just have some sort of competition going on... And really I like the convinience of PD online TT's for I got enough of trying to arrange some interest in to the game coming up with my own challenges in GT4 already... So yeah, while it's great GTP has all sorts of events going on, it shouldn't be that difficult for PD to pay bit more attention in to TT restrictions... But yeah, I guess these VGT events were one thing why these "normal" TT's wasn't planned any better.... Heh, quite fun actually, but I hope PD is supporting GTP for GTP sure supports PD :D

Last edited:
I think its some kind of automatism. Including the times recomended for the certain trophies.
Or else they have three employees with certain skills and let them drive a choosen track with a car to set the recomended times ... :D

no in fact i think its a algorythm that defines the three times in according to standard setting, skills and cars.
I think they have some kind of A.I. that can simulate cars on tracks with different skills, just the Oponents in the carrer-races. sometimes they drive realy stupid sometimes they are not bad. Especially when they suddenly get much quicker once you overtook them ...
All of a sudden it feels like they changed the driver at full speed on the straight or something like that :rolleyes:

Or maybe the employee of the current month is allowed to set the parameters for the next TTs ...
That does not seem that randomly at all.

interesting thoughts ...

FINALLY broke the 1:00 mark!!! 59.8!! Took 11 laps of concentration... Something I NEVER do. PHEW!!

And I feel if I can get that last set of corners right... I'll have a 59.5 or something..:cheers:

My setup for 57.817 (835kg) altho i have bettered this time at 911kg this setup was the most stable out of the two setups im using.....

2j "70 Race Car ( Using Thrustmaster T300 )

Suspension
65 / 55
7.74 / 18.53
1 / 1
1 / 1
1 / 2
0.0 / 0.0
-1.00 / -.100
Brakes 9 9

Drivetrain/LSD 9 - 12 - 25

Transmission
Final Gear 5.500
Top Speed 137mph
1 : 1.315 or minimum
2 : 0.965
3 : 0.835
Final Gear 4.650

Ballast 14kg
Ballast Position +30

Mad little setup but it worked for me to break into the 57s.....might work for u to :)

Guvna

Last edited:
My setup for 57.817 (835kg) altho i have bettered this time at 911kg this setup was the most stable out of the two setups im using.....

Suspension
65 / 55
7.74 / 18.53
1 / 1
1 / 1
1 / 2
0.0 / 0.0
-1.00 / -.100
Brakes 9 9

Transmission
Final Gear 5.500
Top Speed 137mph
Final Gear 4.650

Ballast 14kg
Ballast Position +30

Mad little setup but it worked for me to break into the 57s.....might work for u to :)

Guvna
59:770 at the moment with your tune,best58:894

Suspension
65 / 55
7.74 / 18.53
1 / 1
1 / 1
1 / 2
0.0 / 0.0
-1.00 / -.100
Brakes 9 9

Transmission
Final Gear 5.500
Top Speed 137mph
Final Gear 4.650

Ballast 14kg
Ballast Position +30

Guvna
Thanks man, I go tomorrow certainly try. I'm now stuck in my time. I made some changes to my tune, but not something good ...

I'll share mine. Got me a 58.243 for P58 currently. Been a while since I ran it.

Body Rigidity done

65/45
7.74/12.74
5/3
3/5
2/6
0/0
0/0
Brakes 3/6
LSD 5/7/5
Power 63%
14 kg at 46%
Trans default, minimum speed then 3.456 Final

430 HP
835 KG
47:53 F/R weight distribution
Try this one and make a 58.850 lap. Today I got problems with every tune. My car automatically slows down towards the last two corners. Anyone know how this is possible? I will probably have be some mistake but can not find it.

Try this one and make a 58.850 lap. Today I got problems with every tune. My car automatically slows down towards the last two corners. Anyone know how this is possible? I will probably have be some mistake but can not find it.
i meesed about with guvs tune and got faster but no improvment with his set up

i meesed about with guvs tune and got faster but no improvment with his set up
I had the perfect tune and make 58 lap after lap. Then I changed something with my stupid head and get my best rouds a High 58....

Pfft heheh, ok got under 58's with 57.916 but it was nothing pretty... Going to have to give a try @Guvna1974 tune later this week for it sure looks completely different than the @Mr P tune I'm currently driving... I mean nothing wrong with it exactly, just have to see how much different it feels lol so thanks for posting it :) 👍

ODB
Pfft heheh, ok got under 58's with 57.916 but it was nothing pretty... Going to have to give a try @Guvna1974 tune later this week for it sure looks completely different than the @Mr P tune I'm currently driving... I mean nothing wrong with it exactly, just have to see how much different it feels lol so thanks for posting it :) 👍
did you change anything on mrp tune,i can't improve on 58:894

did you change anything on mrp tune,i can't improve on 58:894
Put 850/847 kg and do your traction control off, use the assisted steering sharply. And play around with the other digits. Maybe a good tip.

Back