600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Streets of Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 281 comments
I don't understand. I'm following your ghost Beau and I'm taking exactly the same line, braking point etc. but cannot for the life of me accelerate at the same point, I just understeer or oversteer off the circuit.

Can I ask for insight: what the hell are you doing on corner exits?!
Drifting lol, I put my foot flat and just correct the car out of the corners because to me sliding this car is the fastest way around the track, but i hate when people use handbrakes :(

Also i had my lsd 5/15/5 it seem better exiting corners so I get more rotation

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Is it just me or do the physics change every time you restart?

Because I set a 58.226 before and now can't get close! GAH!!! 🤬 :mad::mad::mad: REALLY PD?! :mad::mad::mad:

Is it just me or do the physics change every time you restart?

Because I set a 58.226 before and now can't get close! GAH!!! 🤬 :mad::mad::mad: REALLY PD?! :mad::mad::mad:
I do not think the physics change every time, but I think it is the person using a DS3 or a wheel.

Drifting lol, I put my foot flat and just correct the car out of the corners because to me sliding this car is the fastest way around the track, but i hate when people use handbrakes :(

I've spotted this technique with those at the top of the table in many TTs, but am unable to replicate it myself without spinning off! On this event alone, overlaying top drivers' data with mine shows speeds of up to 10 mph more in some corners. I've seen the same thing on the 450pp TT too.

It also looks like the 2J is the least sensitive to tuning changes, as I've tried Cory's settings, and run a lap pretty much identical to my fastest time done with my Mr P settings. I'll try again using your LSD settings though.

Only got faster than you last night and your faster again this morning:lol:
Phew it was hard, I know I can do better. An early 58 or late 57 is possible . I drive only bad when the ghost of my best lap ride before me.Them I pay more attention to these ghost than on my lap.

Phew it was hard, I know I can do better. An early 58 or late 57 is possible . I drive only bad when the ghost of my best lap ride before me.Them I pay more attention to these ghost than on my lap.
I think i can catch starscreams time of 58;225 but that'll be it

Is that 5/15/5 only better when you drift in the corners or is it when you go normal also good? I braking my record with it but maybe something else is better for my driving style.

Last edited:
Ok after last nights stint I started to think a bit... what I normally try to avoid for when one doesn't have the tools for the job it's better to leave it for the pros :D hehehe, but anyhow, I figured since I liked the rear heavy tune but also lighter car why wouldn't I try to reduce the weight but keep the weight distribution where it is and when I did so the car really felt like it started to be really nice to handle for it was light enough to make it drift a bit when needed without too much effort... Didn't take long to get within tenth from my record and of course it was bit sloppy lap so I kept on going... Heheh once again it took me more than a while to make improvement but it was lurking there all the time and I finally shaved off tenth and got down to 57.609 witch was really good and quite happy to make it for this track car combo sure is merciless and while it seems all the time you're about to make a good lap it's just a mirage almost :D heheh, naah if it looks like it's there, it most likely is, just takes some damn effort sometimes to get there :D hehe, but yeah, heres the changes I've made to @coryclifford 's tune.

Dampers
4 5
4 5
ARB 3 6
Brakes 3/5
LSD 5/15/5
Power 66.9
ballast 43kg at 50
Trans default, top speed 240 km/h 3rd gear at .945 (made with default gears when power was lower...) weight distribution 45:55 can't remember the other specs...

So like I said this felt to me the "easiest" to drive in a sense it's quite easy to make it slide for you really have to be on the edge to get anything out of this car and getting it to slide is not so easy... So good luck guys if you wan't to try it out, I think I made so close to my maximum that doing few more two hour stints is probably not worth while but on this tune below 58's is definitely possible :) 👍

Last edited:
ODB
Ok after last nights stint I started to think a bit... what I normally try to avoid for when one doesn't have the tools for the job it's better to leave it for the pros :D hehehe, but anyhow, I figured since I liked the rear heavy tune but also lighter car why wouldn't I try to reduce the weight but keep the weight distribution where it is and when I did so the car really felt like it started to be really nice to handle for it was light enough to make it drift a bit when needed without too much effort... Didn't take long to get within tenth from my record and of course it was bit sloppy lap so I kept on going... Heheh once again it took me more than a while to make improvement but it was lurking there all the time and I finally shaved off tenth and got down to 57.609 witch was really good and quite happy to make it for this track car combo sure is merciless and while it seems all the time you're about to make a good lap it's just a mirage almost :D heheh, naah if it looks like it's there, it most likely is, just takes some damn effort sometimes to get there :D hehe, but yeah, heres the changes I've made to @coryclifford 's tune.

Dampers
4 5
4 5
ARB 3 6
Brakes 3/5
LSD 5/15/5
Power 66.9
43 kg at 50%
Trans default, top speed 240 km/h 3rd gear at .945 (made with default gears when power was lower...) weight distribution 45:55 can't remember the other specs...

So like I said this felt to me the "easiest" to drive in a sense it's quite easy to make it slide for you really have to be on the edge to get anything out of this car and getting it to slide is not so easy... So good luck guys if you wan't to try it out, I think I made so close to my maximum that doing few more two hour stints is probably not worth while but on this tune below 58's is definitely possible :) 👍

This tune is tomorrow 's turn:cheers:.

I just want to get under the 58.500

This tune is tomorrow 's turn:cheers:.

I just want to get under the 58.500

Well I hope it works for you, bit lighter car makes it bit easier already, and if it feels like it's too wild just start bringing the weight towards front for it settles it down, the problem to me has really been that I can't get this car to slide the way I want but now it finally started to feel loose enough :) but yeah, good luck and I'm pretty sure you'll get below 58.5 somehow if you just keep trying, there's still plenty of time to go that's for sure so no hurry in that sense :) 👍

ODB

Dampers
4 5
4 5
ARB 3 6
Brakes 3/5
LSD 5/15/5
Power 66.9
43 kg at 50%

The thing that the line does not show is what direction the car is pointing. You can try following the same line but if you do not have the same slip angle you cannot do the same thing. Watching the fast lap it is apparent there is very little sliding on the exit but quite a bit on the entries this lining the car up so it is more in line with the exit apex. So while your on the gas at the same time your car is rotated in a different direction.

Sorry this was supposed to be posted as a reply to the previous post.

I went with more weight.. 900kg.. Got down to 1:00.9.
Not that big a change, but a change nonetheless.
I'm not very good with tunes.. Will keep hunting for new ones on the site.

My car entered the corners much better @896
(+75@50) kg with the weight all the way back. Previously was Mr. P's set-up with 75kg @ +5. Not sure where you have the weight but try rolling it all the way to the back. It goes around the bowl very well.

Variation on Mr P's good for a 58.891

65/53
10.41/15.83
4/5
4/5
4/7
0/0
-0.20/0.10
6/10
137mph 1.247 1.007 0.816 final 4.706
6/12/35
71.2%
+75KG @ 50 FOR 896KG 44:56

I think at this point many variations around these settings are going to get me the same lap time. There is no magic bullet around these settings that is going to get me in the 57's. What's lacking is skill. lol
All the variations I made to Mr P's excellent setup were to try to get the thing to rotate on entry. Get it pointed in the right direction to accept throttle earlier on exit.

Maybe a silly question but what does the 50%? And is that 43 kg the ballast?

Don't know what the percent mark does there :D what I was suppose to write was I had 43kg ballast at 50 👍

Changed it in the original post.

Variation on Mr P's good for a 58.891

65/53
10.41/15.83
4/5
4/5
4/7
0/0
-0.20/0.10
6/10
137mph 1.247 1.007 0.816 final 4.706
6/12/35
71.2%
+75KG @ 50 FOR 896KG 44:56

I think at this point many variations around these settings are going to get me the same lap time. There is no magic bullet around these settings that is going to get me in the 57's. What's lacking is skill. lol
All the variations I made to Mr P's excellent setup were to try to get the thing to rotate on entry. Get it pointed in the right direction to accept throttle earlier on exit.
Not a bad time. I have also problems with the corners. I hope the tips and tunes from above can help me tomorrow.

Back