620PP NASCAR Super Lap: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 146 comments
I also agree with both of u guys
It would be interesting to see how this would end ^^
They should also do the same challenge twice (one for stock and the other for "setup")
But if u wanna have a "realistic" time trial challenge then polophony digital should also have to turn the active steering wheel to off becauce where is the real skill u have when this option is almost doing everything for u (for example: correction of oversteering,etc.)

(This is just my opinion guys \(^_^)/ )

I agree with both of you completely!

yes you're right guys , stock seasonals would be pure love

Yea, I mean, I agree it would be fun to have a larger amount of non-tunable Time Trial events, for the people who are not interested in the tuning aspect of the game, so that they could just immediately compete with the exact same chances/opportunity to go the same exact fast as anyone else, and just comes down to how skillfully they drive. I definitely understand why it's important to have events like that at least some of the time.

But, that said, I think there are two big reasons to make sure not to completely get rid of the tuning events:

1. Believe it or not, there are actually a lot of players who genuinely enjoy the actual tuning aspect of the game. As in, they get immense satisfaction out of spending hours and hours tweaking the suspension this way and that way until the car handles just the way they want it to. Some players even enjoy this more than the actual racing itself, from what I understand. Like, there are some people who's whole function is to try to come up with the fastest tune possible for an event, and then share it with some faster drivers, and see how much of a time-improvement those faster drivers can have using their newly built tune. Or, also trying to custom-tune various versions of a tune to match specific drivers since different drivers have different driving styles. Which leads me to point #2:

2. In some ways, it could be argued that, somewhat counter-intuitively, a tuned event could be "fairer" than a non-tuned event. The idea being: different players often have drastically different driving styles. So, in a non-tuned event, if there is just 1 setup which everyone has to use, then, let's say only 10% of the people have a driving style that perfectly matches the standardized setup that everyone in that event is required to use. And let's say 70% of the players have driving styles that only match up kind of mediocrely with it, and maybe 20% have driving styles that clash very severely with that tune. In this scenario, you could have a driver who, on just natural talent, is like half a second faster than some other guy, but if the "faster" guy's driving style happens to fall into the clash-category relative to the standardized setup at hand, and the "slower" guy has a driving style that meshes perfectly with it, then, in that event, the slower guy might even beat the faster guy, just based on the luck-of-the-draw aspect of what the stock-tune was for that non-tunable event. This is getting into some more exotic/debatable concepts here, lol, but it is worth thinking about, and at the very least, should be a good reason not to just completely get rid of the tunable events, so, at least have both tunable and non-tunable events, not just only one or the other.

Yea, I mean, I agree it would be fun to have a larger amount of non-tunable Time Trial events, for the people who are not interested in the tuning aspect of the game, so that they could just immediately compete with the exact same chances/opportunity to go the same exact fast as anyone else, and just comes down to how skillfully they drive. I definitely understand why it's important to have events like that at least some of the time.

But, that said, I think there are two big reasons to make sure not to completely get rid of the tuning events:

1. Believe it or not, there are actually a lot of players who genuinely enjoy the actual tuning aspect of the game. As in, they get immense satisfaction out of spending hours and hours tweaking the suspension this way and that way until the car handles just the way they want it to. Some players even enjoy this more than the actual racing itself, from what I understand. Like, there are some people who's whole function is to try to come up with the fastest tune possible for an event, and then share it with some faster drivers, and see how much of a time-improvement those faster drivers can have using their newly built tune. Or, also trying to custom-tune various versions of a tune to match specific drivers since different drivers have different driving styles. Which leads me to point #2:

2. In some ways, it could be argued that, somewhat counter-intuitively, a tuned event could be "fairer" than a non-tuned event. The idea being: different players often have drastically different driving styles. So, in a non-tuned event, if there is just 1 setup which everyone has to use, then, let's say only 10% of the people have a driving style that perfectly matches the standardized setup that everyone in that event is required to use. And let's say 70% of the players have driving styles that only match up kind of mediocrely with it, and maybe 20% have driving styles that clash very severely with that tune. In this scenario, you could have a driver who, on just natural talent, is like half a second faster than some other guy, but if the "faster" guy's driving style happens to fall into the clash-category relative to the standardized setup at hand, and the "slower" guy has a driving style that meshes perfectly with it, then, in that event, the slower guy might even beat the faster guy, just based on the luck-of-the-draw aspect of what the stock-tune was for that non-tunable event. This is getting into some more exotic/debatable concepts here, lol, but it is worth thinking about, and at the very least, should be a good reason not to just completely get rid of the tunable events, so, at least have both tunable and non-tunable events, not just only one or the other.

That's what i said bro
Make the same challenge twice (one for stock and the other one for the setup)
^^

That's what i said bro
Make the same challenge twice (one for stock and the other one for the setup)
^^
Yea, that could be fun.

Or they could just do it like the way it is now, except randomly pick one of the two events to be the tune-able one and one of them to be the non-tune-able one. Like for example in this one they could make the Nascar one non-tune-able but make the Apricot Hill one tune-able (or vice versa). And randomize it so that sometimes the lower-PP event is the tune-able one and the higher-PP event is the non-tune-able one, but other months it is the other way around. But always 1 tune-able and 1 non-tune-able, etc.

Or, actually the best would be if they just had two versions for BOTH (so, 4 events in total, instead of just 2). So like, one tune-able and one non-tune-able for the Nascar, and one tune-able and one non-tune-able for the Apricot Hill, for this month's TT's for example.

Hallelu Yah! I finally did it. I must thank God first after all He has blessed me more time than I can count. Next a big Danke to @RacingHardTV for so much advice as well as @skeagracing. These two guys took me under their wings with PM's out of the blue. Next many thanks to @SW_10 and @WhoosierGirl for the excellent tune. It took me a while to get the feel of this track especially at the place people are calling Omega??. I watched the videos of the top 5 in the World Rankings and one of those was a replay by @HardRacingTV. I learn best by watching and then doing. I saw where I was losing all my time at that Omega place and the speeds the leaders were running in areas I was having problems with. I had been stuck at 1:15.086 and the more I ran the worse I got until I watched those videos. I was able to knock almost 2 seconds off of my time. The Hudson has gone to the Stockyard with the other one and many of the other cars I've won.

One other thing to note; all of the top drivers are using the Denny Hamlin Toyota. The SW_/WhoosierGirl tune worked perfect on this car. I bought a total of 4 different NASCAR cars, the last being the Toyota.

Hey, I'm not sponsored by God!? Is he driving your car, or do you drive your self but with "God's exclusive driver assistance"?
Does this work the other way around too, as in I get "God's exclusive driving interference" that can't be turned off?
Anyhow, it doesn't sounds like good sportsmanship to me, m8!

It sure would explain why I can't get below 1:11.xxx on this track, though. Or any other track for that matter on any of these seasonals...

Don't worry, I'm a non-believer, but I've still managed to go below 1:11, so I don't think your lack of belief is holding you back, :lol:

You just have to take the curves with a little more smoothness and precision and then it won't matter if you read the bible or a chemistry textbook before a session, either way, you'll be setting some scorching laps, haha

1:10.118, chasing Doodles ghost.

Nice one man. I just barely caught your time at the very end of the Streets of Willow tt (by 0.009 seconds, lol), but I don't think I'm quite gonna catch you on this one.

Hey, by the way, I was wondering if maybe you want to add each other as friends, since we seem to be in somewhat similar time ranges in some of these events, and we seem to chat in the same threads sometimes on here. It's okay if you don't want to though, but figured couldn't hurt to ask.

Last edited:
Nice one man. I just barely caught your time at the very end of the Streets of Willow tt (by 0.009 seconds, lol), but I don't think I'm quite gonna catch you on this one.

Hey, by the way, I was wondering if maybe you want to add each other as friends, since we seem to be in somewhat similar time ranges in some of these events, and we seem to chat in the same threads sometimes on here. It's okay if you don't want to though, but figured couldn't hurt to ask.
No worries, send me a request. My only problem is if my friends are just in front of me the blue lines block my view on corners sometimes. I had to drop some friends last year because of that although now that I'm using a wheel I have improved a bit and it's not as much of a concern.

Friend request already sent (back when I wrote the previous post). I can re-send if it's not there anymore.

Anyway, yea that's fine about the blue-line thing, if that happens, I understand

No worries, send me a request. My only problem is if my friends are just in front of me the blue lines block my view on corners sometimes. I had to drop some friends last year because of that although now that I'm using a wheel I have improved a bit and it's not as much of a concern.
This means I can go back on your friend list please and if I get to far in front of you, you can always delete me again ;).

1. Believe it or not, there are actually a lot of players who genuinely enjoy the actual tuning aspect of the game. As in, they get immense satisfaction out of spending hours and hours tweaking the suspension this way and that way until the car handles just the way they want it to. Some players even enjoy this more than the actual racing itself, from what I understand. Like, there are some people who's whole function is to try to come up with the fastest tune possible for an event, and then share it with some faster drivers, and see how much of a time-improvement those faster drivers can have using their newly built tune. Or, also trying to custom-tune various versions of a tune to match specific drivers since different drivers have different driving styles.

Tuners feel free to send me your sickest TT tunes! (ESP for this TT) :D:D:sly::bowdown:

I am an absolute philistine when it comes to this stuff.:dunce:

👎👍

This means I can go back on your friend list please and if I get to far in front of you, you can always delete me again ;).
Ha ha, be glad to have you back Hall, you actually sprung to mind as I was writing my reply.

I never fired up tonight but I'll do so tomorrow and catch you blokes on the track. Cheers.

1. Believe it or not, there are actually a lot of players who genuinely enjoy the actual tuning aspect of the game. As in, they get immense satisfaction out of spending hours and hours tweaking the suspension this way and that way until the car handles just the way they want it to. Some players even enjoy this more than the actual racing itself, from what I understand. Like, there are some people who's whole function is to try to come up with the fastest tune possible for an event, and then share it with some faster drivers, and see how much of a time-improvement those faster drivers can have using their newly built tune. Or, also trying to custom-tune various versions of a tune to match specific drivers since different drivers have different driving styles.

Your talking exactly about me ;)
Not that I'm one those "faster drivers" but one of those who spend hour by hour in trying this and that and fiddle (right expression?) with setups.

Indeed i often mount/change all optical parts (aeropack, whatever) and custom wheels and so on BEFORE i drove a single meter with a new car.

I'm just now looking for Testdrivers who are interested in verify or falsify those changes.
For me they work all of them , but any other opinions are very welcome and strongly recmmended to improve those setups.

For example like somebody told "camber does not make sense at all"

WE CANT RACE CAUSE WE DONT KNOW A GOOD SETUP.... THAT'S DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .............
So annoying :P i am speaking about chevrolet

I don't think they differ, from what I have heard. I have not tested it myself, though.
Got Gold in 5 laps with this really, really excellent tune by SW_10 (who had inspiraton by Whoosier girl) :gtpflag:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...polis-road-course.324973/page-5#post-10536424

I used the 2013 Jeff Gordon #24 CHEVROLET SS, tune is probably good on other NASCAR racers.

edit: corrected a typo.
Got Gold in 2 laps with this tune! Thank you very much! Before I tried approx 100 times not unter 1:16

Been using my "Nascar Juan" (Indy set up) car, best was .06 away from gold. I lowered accl lsd settings and finally got the gold.
90/85
13.89/14.88
2(c)2
3(e)1
4(arb)5
.7/1.0
-0.25/-0.05

init 31
accel 40
brake 15

Using max downforce

Last edited:
Hi everyone!!! (exept hackers! because i heard that they exist also at gran turismo)
i would like to write the following:
As i told you before i am ilias_ana_94 and i havent played gt online since gt5p cause i did not own a steering wheel.
I hate setups and i wrote it on previous posts..and we had a conversation about it...and i dont want to tell anything about that (ONLY WISH IS THAT I WANT THE NEXT SEASONAL TO BE STOCKED)
As i told you i dont know about setups and a good friend helped me and gave me his setup and without him i wouldnt be able to to do anything... his name is jeros_gr and he is a well knower about setups!!!

IMPORTANT
MY SETUP IS
95 90
10.54 12.04
3 3
3 3
4 7
0 0
0 -0.05
brakes 3 4

and lsd 5 8 5

downforce 500 700
and +50%

i repeat that this setup was created completely by jeros_gr!!
we public it because we suggest that it can help players that dont have the knowledge about good setup like me and they cant be competitive cause of this situation... i dont know if i can have a better time at the moment cause i cant use both of my legs and i am driving with the right one for aceleration and braking too cause of a fail of the constuction of my seat and its easy too understand it if you notice my table reflects(many gaps between accleration and brake which made me lose time... :( )....thats what i wanted to say i am utterly sure that is will help you imporve your times...good luck everyone and hope for stock cars ;) bb

I don't even know what to think of this. A tie for 1st place at the very end :lol:

aa22fab1e17c0a4035c203bc6583dcf7.png

This was the first seasonal TT that I put some solid time into (I started playing GT6 back in November/December last year). Using a DFGT wheel and pedal set and a synthesis of various tunes and advice in this thread from Doodle, Sw_10, Whoosier_grl, Stotty and Kossie, I managed 113th place. I was pushing up until the very end hoping to break the top 100, but no luck. Alas, cheers for all the help!

Latest Posts

Back