627PP NASCAR/ Stock Car Super Lap: Indianapolis Road Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 95 comments
Man, yah making me sad.:(

Long time ago I was making sad my girlfriend going to sleep before her....:D
Come on you live in a beatiful region, how to be sad :cheers:

Anyway, from the technical point of you, I agree with @coryclifford about to look for the right DF ratio, actually I'm forcing this aspect as much as possible and I lapped 120 delta for last score.
To be able to drive it by pad I put CS on NASCAR car and drifted sometime... this is giving me a better capability to drive lowered DF, to be faster on banking and more agile in the twisty sectors.

ciao

Ugh, first day trying this and stuck in the 1.28's. Anybody have some pointers for tuning these cars? I have no idea :/
Is softer suspension really that much faster here???
you can try this if u want: spring rate: 10.54/10.50; dampers: 4/4;4/4; Downforce max:500/700. softer suspension & strong downforce can help but one kee point is to manage acceleration; needs nerve & practice. Good luck...

you can try this if u want: spring rate: 10.54/10.50; dampers: 4/4;4/4; Downforce max:500/700. softer suspension & strong downforce can help but one kee point is to manage acceleration; needs nerve & practice. Good luck...
Thanks, I have dampers at 4/4, 4,5 right now. I always prefer harder springs I guess because I like higher speed corners, but because these corners are so slow and tight, I'll have to try the softer spring set.

Grabbed something more to be 1st PAD/AT atm:

1:26.762 - 46th

@ROCKET JOE
Not less than 1000km, let me say 2500km in average for each TT.
With PAD you have to drive more because the error percentage is higher.
Moreover the top shared setup are mostly for steering wheel and you have a to spend a lot KMs to adapt for a more nervous PAD driving.

Grabbed something more to be 1st PAD/AT atm:

1:26.762 - 46th

@ROCKET JOE
Not less than 1000km, let me say 2500km in average for each TT.
With PAD you have to drive more because the error percentage is higher.
Moreover the top shared setup are mostly for steering wheel and you have a to spend a lot KMs to adapt for a more nervous PAD driving.

Effort pays ! ... That's a great lap you did 👍.

I only had one session up to now, changed oil once after 225 km, so all in all I did about 400 km :rolleyes:.
Usually I'd repeat this at around the half of the TT period. A bit ... thin !!!
I'm getting a little jealous reading about all these great laptimes ( that you definitely deserve ) though,
so things might change here - who knows.

Effort pays ! ... That's a great lap you did 👍.

I only had one session up to now, changed oil once after 225 km, so all in all I did about 400 km :rolleyes:.
Usually I'd repeat this at around the half of the TT period. A bit ... thin !!!
I'm getting a little jealous reading about all these great laptimes ( that you definitely deserve ) though,
so things might change here - who knows.

Hi ROCKET JOE, just a little note on oil changes. Don't believe when it says the oil and rigidity are good, keep an eye on the pp reading and when you see it drop then it'll drop a fair bit of horsepower so change the oil even when it still shows green. I change the rigidity at the same time because it tells you little lies too. 3 to 4 hours a day for me.:cheers:

Back