627PP NASCAR/ Stock Car Super Lap: Indianapolis Road Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 95 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
627PP NASCAR/ Stock Car Super Lap: Indianapolis Road Course

TT#68 - 627PP NASCAR~Stock Car Super Lap @ Indianapolis Road Course.png TT#68 - 627PP NASCAR~Stock Car Super Lap @ Indianapolis Road Course - ER Car list.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 by SpeedyFastKaz
The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Only if you are having trouble to get gold!

Fisrt time driving a nascar, first attempt: 1:29.xxx

Oil change, TC-1, ABS-1

Suspension
95 / 95
11.58 / 10.23
4 / 4
4 / 4
3 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
-0.20 / -0.20

Brake
5 / 5

Transmission - Automatic - didn't touch it -
330 km/h
5 / 5 /20

Body
500 / 600
Ballast
Weight 0 position 0

Hope it help ;)

Here's my tune from last time, which I used to get a 1:27.929 lap time.
Suspension-
70 60
11.50 10.50
1 1
1 1
7 7
No camber or toe
Brakes-
9 8
Transmission-
Reset to default, set final gear all the way right then set top speed to 149 mph. Next set 1st through 4th gear all the way right. Last set final gear to 3.579.
Differential-
Full power with oil change and body rigidity installed, no added ballast.
Downforce-
500 700

Currently 2nd fastest controller, 1st fastest if you consider 'active steering' to be unfair ;). Not using full downforce yet, still experimenting with the car's behavior so hopefully there's some time left in my setup.

My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-08-10 22-25-31.png

I love these stock car TTs, really makes you work for it!

1.28.601 with a Tony Stewart car with a tune from Midfield. Did 1.28.7xx with MOPARbarret's tune on the prize car, thank you my good man and luuvve that accent, don't know who's tune is on the other one but it is real good. I only did about 4 laps with it so away we go tomorrow.

I led Phineas777 and fordlaser on my second lap right to the right/left hairpin but they swamped me there, so keep your beady little eyes on the mirror boys. And MOPAR I tried several laps with no tc, strangely the first two laps were good with no dramas but then especially round that:censored: hairpin I only have to flex my big toe and its goodbye.:lol::lol::cheers:

Thanks to @MOPARbarrett5 for the tune. :tup:It did help get gold, not by much but still a gold nonetheless. I don't really like the TT's but do run them when they come out. I was running with all of my friend's ghosts until the turn that takes you onto the track. After that I watched as all the ghost lines disappeared apparently able to keep up their speed through that turn and then were faster. Congrats to all my friends who are in the mid 20's. :cheers:

Attachments

• 20170812_142536[1].jpg
    20170812_142536[1].jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 19
1.28.601 with a Tony Stewart car with a tune from Midfield. Did 1.28.7xx with MOPARbarret's tune on the prize car, thank you my good man and luuvve that accent, don't know who's tune is on the other one but it is real good. I only did about 4 laps with it so away we go tomorrow.

I led Phineas777 and fordlaser on my second lap right to the right/left hairpin but they swamped me there, so keep your beady little eyes on the mirror boys. And MOPAR I tried several laps with no tc, strangely the first two laps were good with no dramas but then especially round that:censored: hairpin I only have to flex my big toe and its goodbye.:lol::lol::cheers:
1:27.765 now my friend :), I think you need to eat some of this below if you want to catch my time :lol:.
Vegemite.jpg

Haha, I do eat that stuff but looks like I'll have to increase the dose. You UPTOPLOG and Phineas777 are making it difficult, I get in front and then you all pass me then it's like I've got this barrier in front of me. Then to make it worse that bloody Geezer1791 is still rocking down the start straight on his tennis balls, beats the lot of us.:lol::lol::lol:

Still i'm on 1.28.268 so unless you do your normal thing and keep going faster I'm not that far away. :D

Haha, I do eat that stuff but looks like I'll have to increase the dose. You UPTOPLOG and Phineas777 are making it difficult, I get in front and then you all pass me then it's like I've got this barrier in front of me. Then to make it worse that bloody Geezer1791 is still rocking down the start straight on his tennis balls, beats the lot of us.:lol::lol::lol:

Still i'm on 1.28.268 so unless you do your normal thing and keep going faster I'm not that far away. :D

Sorry for the double post, it didn't post so I hit it again and got two and now I can't delete the second one.:dunce:

Last edited:
1:27.388 - 61st atm

Just after few laps even if I never driven a tuned NASCAR car before.
At the beginning no appeal for this event since the stock NASCR are quite crappy to be driven expecially by PAD/AT.
On the contrary the tuned ones could get my interest...maybe :D

ciao

EDIT: 1:27.298 - 53rd atm :D
EDIT: 1:27.115 - 42nd atm :D:D:gtpflag:

Last edited:
After 200 miles of fiddling with gears and all I was able to better my one year old time.
1.27.411 and P62 atm - benissimo :).
To me it's all about exiting for the oval which I just can't get right :banghead:.

I did an incomplete lap with traction control which proved to be a big big advantage
here ( at least for me ), but my driver's pride wouldn't let me use it for now.

I'm a'like'n this one a lot!! Just like many - er - most of you after many, many laps and a ton of minor tweeks (like,one click at a time) to a set up shared by SW__10 in the first of this event I'm tripp'n the beam at a 1:28.008 (or very close to that - will verify once I'm logged in). Yesterday hit 'er hard, determined to bust into the 1:27's somehow but alas it didn't happen. I've got the first right/left nailed real good, blow'n round the next right's 'n lefts ahead of most of my buddys, then the double hairpins come up and daymn,, I'm just not getting around them like I know the car can. Need to make some more adjustments to 1st and 2nd without messing up the rest of the course. I've found doing a quick short shift exiting that left hairpin helps keep the car hooked up and has eliminated losing it hard left, across the grass and into the wall but that short shift bogs the engine and costs momentum. Will be back there with determination on this old face and worn out old hands for more practice, practice, practice!! That .27 is a'gonna happen!

Update: 13Aug17 - Eureka! 1:27.995 Now that I'm in the '27Club" I believe there's more.

Update: 15Aug17 - 1:27.737,, still hunting for those very tough to get 10ths, but they're there,, just gotta keep making minor adjustments and going lap, after, lap, after lap!

Last edited:
Torque peaks at 7000 and horsepower peaks at 9000. A fairly narrow range.

Aero is an interesting adjustment. I've tried a few ways. Right now I seem to like a difference of 180 between the two. So, for instance 500 and 680. Or substantially lower for both for higher speed on the straights. The tight corners are so tight and slow that aero doesn't matter as much so then it's mechanical grip. The car is heavy and cumbersome and drives like a boat.

So tired though I can't even get up to speed right now.

Back