630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 309 comments
managed a 7:30.430 with the toyboata :), still a lot of room for improvment as shown by the big guns but very fun event, congrats beau, if anyone is interested in a setup I will post later, also curious to try the 2j later
7:30 would be a dream-of time for me, Standing at 7:51:718 currently with the Toyota (stunningly faster than what I did with the 2J).
Why not post your tune here in the first place??? Could Need it.... maybe...

The worst thing is that it is the 24h version. That first part is a waste of time lol.

That's my favorite part of this hideous track. lol
I'll try again tomorrow. Gave up the 7th off.
First lap I went airborne and sailed my 2J into the wall over the first jump....I mean hill.

In summary, 2J, GSXR4, Nurb and loaner cars in every QM. It's gonna be boring a while....but rally is fun.

The lap is too big enough to forgive an error. It doesn't make sense to continue lapping around if an error is made around the 2 minute mark, rather re-start.
The plus points are getting to drive some nice cars on racing tires & driving around the legendary track itself.
Can't imagine how adrenaline pumping it would be to drive around this track in real!

Last edited:
A challenge?

Try the Toyota 7
TCS & ASM Off

toyota_7_race_car_by_notoothus.jpg

Managed a 8:21 in the Toyota TS030 even had a full spin otherwise probably a 8:15 not my best time could've gained a lot more seconds had I not been so tentative on the exit of corners I'm afraid of spinning out and starting all over again especially on this track :nervous: the Toyota is a great car to drive it handles well if you treat it right, if someone as average as me can spin out and still get gold then I'm sure many of you will gold this easily haha. Won't even attempt to get the 2J round here I tried it once and nearly flipped the car over in the first sector on that first big hill, that car is scary on this track. I used Shaunm80's tune

Since GT4 days, I've noticed PD are quite biased towards Nissan. They mostly give a Nissan car as a prize car.

Isn't Nissan having the most number of cars under their dealership when compared to other manufacturers?

I have a couple of tunes in my garage that are more than capable of this event but here is my go to tune at this PP level.

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (615PP RH)

toyotats030img2-jpg.174308

Even though I put on Your tune, I managed a measly 8:44:504 on my 1st run.
The car surely felt better from the default setup but the car is ever so itching to go on the grass, mainly due to the track being so narrow.
I thought I'd enjoy this car but will try other cars. The car felt so unstable during the slower turns. Sheesh!

The car surely felt better from the default setup but the car is ever so itching to go on the grass, mainly due to the track being so narrow.
I thought I'd enjoy this car but will try other cars. The car felt so unstable during the slower turns. Sheesh!
My tunes don't fit with everyone. I find it easy to control but just find small mistakes on this track cost me laps. Thanks for trying out my tune anyway. Hope you find one which is more suited to your individual style.

My tunes don't fit with everyone. I find it easy to control but just find small mistakes on this track cost me laps. Thanks for trying out my tune anyway. Hope you find one which is more suited to your individual style.

I removed flaws with the car & not Your tune. I'm not good enough to try my own tunes so I rely on people such as You. The TS030 is much too nimble for me on this track.

Tried the 2J. No wonder this washing machine is a favourite. It tick marks all the right boxes.

Such amazing control & the grip surely does feel as if racing tyres are indeed fitted to the car.

With my 2nd try (1st try I try to find the maximums & don't mind getting disqualified) I managed 8:10:146 without any tunes to the car. Since the lap is so long, am still being cautious more than being bold. I know can shave many seconds off but it's good to be slow & steady rather than getting impatient.

Last edited:
You don't have your license? Are you under the age 17 or just lazy? :lol:
No i'm 29 but have never drive. No need :)

Edit: I make a 7.53 lap with the 2J. There is a 7.30 in it. Make much mistakes... The lap after i was 15 sec before my ghost but i crash.

Got a 7:36 with the TS030 my first clean lap then shaved it down to 7:30:450 I think it was. Bit disappointed as I wanted a sub 7:30 but I'll take it for now, Probably try again later.

Time to pick up the 2J? :cheers:

I guessed that the TS030 would be good for this event, so I took it for a test lap. Lots of mistakes, and lazy driving overall, still rendered a 7:48 on the first try. I'm done.

I took the Pescalero hybride out for a cautious Sunday drive and still managed to come back with an 8:27 for gold. If you know the ring at all, there is no excuse not to get gold here. ;)

8:17.380 in a bone stock McLaren F1 stealth model. Then I thought I'll go and wreck that time with a tuned ts030 but I couldn't get a handle on that car after the McLaren.

I personally look at shaunm80's tunes always as being very powerfull but slippery, I mean they are too tail-happy for my taste and sometimes shaunm80's tunes try to slip over both axles, so I cannot even talk about over- or understeer, in my hands they are just mis-steering. No offence though!
This is why I usually get the best results by combining shaunm80's power settings with Praiano's suspension-settings, the gearbox-settings I do quite often experiment with and sometimes invent my own.
So as with the Toyota TS030 Hybrid there is not much you can do on the power-settings part, I am currently driving the below setup, mantaining a poor 7:38:677 and # 303 word rank:

Modified%20Toyota%20TS030%20Hybrid%20from%20Praiano.png

No i'm 29 but have never drive. No need :)

Edit: I make a 7.53 lap with the 2J. There is a 7.30 in it. Make much mistakes... The lap after i was 15 sec before my ghost but i crash.

Time to pick up the 2J? :cheers:

Just back from work and tried the 2J before I read your message. Couple of laps in it , none clean but a somewhat respectable 7:36 red lap. Not used to this car so not really sure how I feel about it yet but I'll keep grinding both cars in hope of a better time.

I tried using the 2D and Z4 GT3. Both cars should be able te get gold, but I always make a mistake somewhere or I drive too cautious ending up around 9 minutes. But driving about the same way in the 2J got me a 8:25.

Latest Posts

Back