630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 309 comments
I've been using the R18 AE edition. Got down to 7:51 xxx but I can't seem to find a good LSD setting. Still too twitchy at the rear under power with 6-13-12.

For those of you that can finish in the sub 8 minutes time, could you please offer some advice/tips of taking the Ring so fast? For example, take more late apex or no brake at certain corners.

Am sure your advice would be much appreciated by the many GT amateurs like myself. Thank you.

Amateur to Amateur :)

I think in Trial Mode, where the border line is a matter of dead or alive, the first priority is to minimize risk of getting an invalid lap. What I do remind myself on TT like this is to stay in the middle of the track as much as possible, and avoid braking during taking corner to eliminate sway or drifting. Sway & Drifting killing time. That's why u see Aliens driving smoothly without sway or drift on corners, just because they have had planned the route much earlier.

So, plan ur braking point.

As a DS3 user, I do 4-5 taps of brakes BEFORE approaching tight corner, 2-3 taps BEFORE medium corner, 0-1 tap BEFORE high-speed corner. 0 tap means no braking, and no acceleration either. Just to get into 'right-speed' for taking corners.

For those of you that can finish in the sub 8 minutes time, could you please offer some advice/tips of taking the Ring so fast? For example, take more late apex or no brake at certain corners.

Am sure your advice would be much appreciated by the many GT amateurs like myself. Thank you.

The start & end of the TT is comfortable but the middle part of the track, especially after the 2 & 1/2 minute & 6 minute mark are very tricky as they contain a lot of medium speed corners. Accelerating & braking through them is tricky.

Always try t keep Your car dead in the center. The moment it goes a bit on the grass or over the kerb, don't try to make a sudden move to get it back. You'll have to be smooth & most importantly, patient!

Thank you, Dashyankuro/Uday!

2 things you mentioned are interesting (& new) to me.

1) try to keep in the centre of the lane. This sounds contrary to the outside/inside/outside rule of taking regular corners. Nonetheless, is Nurburgring unique in the sense that keeping away from the grass is paramount?

2) tapping on the brakes to decelerate. This means no threshold braking. If so, does it mean that one has to brake much earlier than if you threshold-brake?

One thing that I forgot to ask earlier is whether one should trust the driving line with these sorts of time trials? Or are driving lines too generic that they can only lead you to mediocre results?

Again, thanks for helping.

1) try to keep in the centre of the lane. This sounds contrary to the outside/inside/outside rule of taking regular corners. Nonetheless, is Nurburgring unique in the sense that keeping away from the grass is paramount?

2) tapping on the brakes to decelerate. This means no threshold braking. If so, does it mean that one has to brake much earlier than if you threshold-brake?

One thing that I forgot to ask earlier is whether one should trust the driving line with these sorts of time trials? Or are driving lines too generic that they can only lead you to mediocre results?

Actually, u should TRY to stay on the middle. But, the speed will throw u outside-inside

if ur ability to handle speed is 20kmph at corner, u need to brake much earlier to get into ur "cornering speed";
if ur ability to handle speed is 200kmph at corner, u dont need to brake, because u r already at ur "cornering speed".

Driving Line just to show either towards LEFT or towards RIGHT. Red warning is definitely untrustable. Driving line color Green/Yellow/Red just an indication of the 'suggested braking' provided u drive just like AI.

The start & end of the TT is comfortable but the middle part of the track, especially after the 2 & 1/2 minute & 6 minute mark are very tricky as they contain a lot of medium speed corners. Accelerating & braking through them is tricky.

Always try t keep Your car dead in the center. The moment it goes a bit on the grass or over the kerb, don't try to make a sudden move to get it back. You'll have to be smooth & most importantly, patient!

That's what I meant.

If u don't have what it takes (Skills + Smooth Driving + Patient)
U can just Google Pro Tunes + stay in the middle of the track most of the time.

I believe that will bring one into Pro sooner or later. Rather than he think that he has the Super Driving Skills yet producing the same result everytime.

1 very important thing I forgot to mention.

Always make the apexes! Typically, we always try to make the perfect turn but in nurburgring, its even more important because if You were to miss the apex, then either You'll have to brake much more / decelerate which would result in loss of time or You will drive off track & go onto the grass & slide into disqualification.

The most important rule is like always: Slow in, fast out! So brake before turning into a corner and typically brake hard only if you are going straight. Then, while driving through the apex, you must accelerate a little and after the apex, when you go straight, then go full throttle. Especially with mid-engine-rear-wheel-drive cars you will have a more stable car in the corners with this technique.

And of course you have to practice and learn the Ring.....;)

Ran some more laps with the Toyota TS030 and was able to find a few more seconds:):)

26564877714_7157fe1290_k.jpg

I've been chasing after a 7:20.xx ghost who's driving a 2J, and man does he pull away from me on the final straight!:(
Good fun!
:cheers:

My tip for this track is practice, practice and more practice to learn the track,
Its a difficult track to master which is why people love it. Personally I hate it.

Just lapping it, even if you aren't going full speed will help. Once you can remember the corners then you can start to learn braking points and apex's and you'll slowly gain seconds around the lap.

I'm no master at it but I do feel comfortable throwing the car into bends as I've spend may laps since the GT4 days driving round. Also I don't do the, 'Oh i've red'd this lap I'll restart' I continue otherwise you'll find yourself really fast at the beginning but slow near the end as you'll have less experience at that part of the track.

It's amazing how easy it is to invent new places to go off on the Ring! After endless laps taking certain corners with no problem, I suddenly find that I now can't get round them without ending up on the grass.

Still, it's doing a lot to improve my skills for the Toscana QM........

Having spent a lot of time trying to win the last Rainy Nurburgring in a Bluebird I was used to taking it carefully. I took out my KEIHIN HSV-10 '12 using the tune by @Motor City Hami (here), turned the power to 100% (624PP) and final gear of 3.796 and got 8:07.263 on my first try. The practice in the rain definitely helped. I don't know if I am going to try any more laps.

A challenge?

Try the Toyota 7

Is this possible to do with Toyota 7 ?

Its not easy, but the Toyota 7 can win:

27180456645_5331744262_k.jpg

I'm now placed in 7214th place!:)

27180488575_7004afccc8_k.jpg

Its got enough speed, but its handling is terrible. I had to be very gentle with both the throttle and the brakes.

I ran some more laps with the Toyota 7 and found another 5 seconds:

27086351062_cdfbfaa6bc_k.jpg

Good luck!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Some one tell me either I'm not crazy or I found a little glitch? OK after red lapping so much I grabbed my s2000 and found out I could put 2tires on the grass without penalty..... Thinking its just my bad driving for the red laps,I grab my presky and proceed to redlap again every time I touch the grass with it....

Latest Posts

Back