630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 309 comments
Some one tell me either I'm not crazy or I found a little glitch? OK after red lapping so much I grabbed my s2000 and found out I could put 2tires on the grass without penalty..... Thinking its just my bad driving for the red laps,I grab my presky and proceed to redlap again every time I touch the grass with it....

Depends on different areas from what I've noticed. Some areas you can go on the grass. Others not.

Some one tell me either I'm not crazy or I found a little glitch? OK after red lapping so much I grabbed my s2000 and found out I could put 2tires on the grass without penalty..... Thinking its just my bad driving for the red laps,I grab my presky and proceed to redlap again every time I touch the grass with it....

2 Tyres being on grass is ok as much as gently nudging the backend of the car on the guardrail! Both of these instances won't disqualify You.

MSZ
I won't even bother with a sub 8 minute time with the 2j, I would rather drive a slower car myself:

I'll never use the 2J, TS030, Pescarolo C60, GSX R/4 & the NSX-R LM Road Car ever again unless its a one make event.

This is why I don't take these TT's seriously anymore. There are over 1000 cars in this game but its the same handful of cars that dominate. All they need to do is have a little creativity in setting the criteria.

Its not easy, but the Toyota 7 can win:

The 66 Jag XJ13 is a very easy gold (did it in 8:07.xxx on my first try). It does not have the front areo DF of the Toyota 7 so a little braking is needed in the tight high speed corners. The car is very stable & easy to drive (guess you should expect that for 20M$ :lol:) I'm not a tuner but will share my quick setup if needed.

I wonder if Ford or Ferrari can do it in under 8:30?

The 66 Jag XJ13 is a very easy gold (did it in 8:07.xxx on my first try). It does not have the front areo DF of the Toyota 7 so a little braking is needed in the tight high speed corners. The car is very stable & easy to drive (guess you should expect that for 20M$ :lol:) I'm not a tuner but will share my quick setup if needed.

I wonder if Ford or Ferrari can do it in under 8:30?

Got a 8:16.xxx on my first clean lap with the Ford with the default setup and no power mods (588pp). I don't have the Ferrari so someone else will have to try that :D

EDIT: Bought the Ferrari myself and got a 8:06.254 on my first clean lap, same situation as with the Ford, default setup and no power mods. Did both laps with H-shifter and clutch for a good bit of fun :D

Last edited:
After driving the 2J around the track, I feel no car can come close to feeling as stable & fast as this car.

Maybe just having 3 gears gives it a lot of stability around the corners but it's still quite twitchy if the car goes over the kerbs.

Other cars can be driven around but that'll be more for pleasure rather than setting a faster time than the 2J.

Last edited:
Aaaah. How are people that faster without the Toyota TS030 Hybrid?

Yesterday I did one Lap with the BMW F1 GTR Race Car in 7:55,819. Today I tried the Toyota, yes it is faster but only 7 seconds.

Well done and congratulations to the faster people :)

Now: 7:43.473 with Pescarolo C60 Hybrid - Judd '05

Last edited:
Aaaah. How are people that faster without the Toyota TS030 Hybrid?

Yesterday I did one Lap with the BMW F1 GTR Race Car in 7:55,819. Today I tried the Toyota, yes it is faster but only 7 seconds.

Well done and congratulations to the faster people :)

Now: 7:43.473 with Pescarolo C60 Hybrid - Judd '05
No 2J? Train a bit with it and it destroys it :cheers:

I'll give it a try tomorrow.

BTW: faster without should be fast with. Autocorrect.
If you can control the car then a new personal record is a easy job. I drive 4 rounds here and make a 7.53 with the 2j. Many mistakes. couple times after i was 15 sec before my ghost. My focus is on Tsukuba and if i finally got a 58 lap there im gonna focus on this one.

Unreal times on the top, They make 7.05/7.08 laps:bowdown:

Afraid to check my current ranking now but just for kicks when I log on I'll check it.
Probably about 20,000plus by now in the world rankings. *shame*

Afraid to check my current ranking now but just for kicks when I log on I'll check it.
Probably about 20,000plus by now in the world rankings. *shame*

I broke into the 9000 club but it won't hold by tomorrow I'll be down in the 12 club at least....

MSZ
I've only cracked into top 1000 once, and it didn't last long. Nothing shame about that really, I did my best already.

The main thing is to really enjoy. If You were to enjoy, then a good lap will come through.

If You were to lap to put a Yourself into the sub 1000 club then You won't be able to concentrate as well.

At the end, a lot of practice makes all the difference & also if You've got a wheel when compared to a DS3.

MSZ
I've only cracked into top 1000 once, and it didn't last long. Nothing shame about that really, I did my best already.
I was in the low 1800s on the Eiger short rally car TT. I was like 4700th on one of the last TTs. Even though I didn't place that high, I was still happy with myself. I may not be a top 10 driver, but if you consider 50-100,000 entries worldwide, I think I do ok. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Think of it this way....... If there are 100,000 entries and you get 1134th place, you are just outside the top 1% of drivers WORLDWIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't sound so shabby now, does it?

nearly did it ...
in my first try i had to stop cause i droped my cigarettes somewhere and wanted to look fter them in the green of Aremberg ...
Next try got me a 8.14 ... (red) even though i had a 720 (two complete turn arounds) at minute 5:30 ... a PSN-friend came online and i had a quick look to the upper right corner of the monitor and away it goes ;)

at least i know its possible , easy if you just stay on the track ... speed is not the problem here ;)

So anyone run this with something other than the usual cars.

8:39 on lap1 with the SLS AMG
8:27 on lap2.

The key is to not try too hard on the first lap.
99% of corners you can coast through in a gear higher than the suggested gear.
Get a good feel for the grip and speed at each corner, then just nudge it up a little on lap 2.
Getting 10-15sec faster is easy.

That's enough for me.
Gold easy with A real car with a tune set up for Bathurst on board.

2016-05-24 19.41.31.jpg

So anyone run this with something other than the usual cars.

8:39 on lap1 with the SLS AMG
8:27 on lap2.

The key is to not try too hard on the first lap.
99% of corners you can coast through in a gear higher than the suggested gear.
Get a good feel for the grip and speed at each corner, then just nudge it up a little on lap 2.
Getting 10-15sec faster is easy.

That's enough for me.
Gold easy with A real car with a tune set up for Bathurst on board.

View attachment 549359

Try the Honda Weider HSV-10 11 the one with race colours in stock form no oil no brake adjustment.
You can get gold with this, not the easiest one but fun all the same.

If you can control the car then a new personal record is a easy job. I drive 4 rounds here and make a 7.53 with the 2j. Many mistakes. couple times after i was 15 sec before my ghost. My focus is on Tsukuba and if i finally got a 58 lap there im gonna focus on this one.

Unreal times on the top, They make 7.05/7.08 laps:bowdown:

Hé ik heb m. I did it in 7:35,295 with the 2j.
But I was only a lot faster at the straights. At the technical parts the BMW is faster. I lost 5 seconds in the corners. But I'm happy with this Lap. Many mistakes. Schumacher S and fast corners at the Nordschleife are horrible.

*explodes*

And the other one is obviously going to be GSX-R/4 dominated. :rolleyes:

Quick Match rally? GREAT! Ramming allowed? Oh. :indiff:

EDIT: 7m52.185s using a 735bhp HSV-010 GT Base Model 2012. Any faster than this and I crash. Still enough to embarrass a couple thousand 2J drivers. :lol:

@coryclifford and @Dalone and I are listed in the tune name. It had 50kg of ballast for a recent club event - with no ballast it's 715bhp and 85.6% power limiter.

You could try a recently posted @DrAug one-make HSV series tune which is for over 600bhp. It looks quite soft but might have a bit too much rotation for this power level.

Anyway, my patchwork tune got under 8 minutes and nearly touched 200mph with max downforce. That's enough for me!
Not sure who's tune I'm using for this car, but I am able to keep up with you until the 5:00 mark and I go flying off into the grass or wall :irked:. Like the other tt, I want to try a different car as well.

This is also frustrating. You are going good .... nothing wrong. Bam on the grass after 6 minutes:censored::nervous:
You forgot hitting the wall at 200mph. :lol:

For those of you that can finish in the sub 8 minutes time, could you please offer some advice/tips of taking the Ring so fast? For example, take more late apex or no brake at certain corners.

Am sure your advice would be much appreciated by the many GT amateurs like myself. Thank you.
The best thing I can say is practice a lot, i used to be bad here as well. With the help of @RuddRacer and @rosckolove's time trails at the Nurburgring I learned the track better and I learned to drive without active steering and traction control.

I think I give up on this godforsaken long ass Nurbring time trial. It wearing down my patience too much.
Take a day off and come back to it another day, sometimes this helps me come back relaxed and able to improve on my time. (Haven't completed a lap yet.) :lol:

My 2J is about 1 sec slower than my toyota hybrid. Whats the best camber and toe setting for 2J or if someone lower than 7 min 20 seconds wanna share tune

My 2J is about 1 sec slower than my toyota hybrid. Whats the best camber and toe setting for 2J or if someone lower than 7 min 20 seconds wanna share tune
really? the 2J slower? i gonna drive a couple rounds tomorrow and give the tune. The 2J must be not slower then the Hybrid.

The winner of this event would be a 2J alien :P

Back