630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 216 comments
Don't blink because that's the time you need. You can do it. Relax and have fun. As if you need my advice :) but some of us look to you guys to show us what's possible. Good luck and you have more than a few pulling for you.
Thanks man :)
I'll try put in more time because i haven't had much time.
I believe there 3 tenths in my time but i never able to put all my best sectors together, if i get a perfect sector 1 and hold it together i will get my 1:45 :)

Ok heh heh can't stay away :D had energy for bit over hour session and managed to cut off few tenths, earning me at least a visit in the top 100 :dopey: I totally messed up the chicane at the end loosing well over .1 seconds and I've been ahead of my ghost by at least a tenth in the middle of Dunlop curve so at least in theory I could save some time there too... Naah, I'm really quite content making 47.460 because despite those few mistakes there was some pretty nice driving too, at least it seemed like I was quite fast on those corners before and after the bridge witch are kind of tough corners to nail... Well to me at least they are :D

Oh yeah, I dropped rear DF down to 590 and I think I might try dropping it bit further if I have the time to drive some more...

@beau231 heh sorry if I'm being too nosy, but I was just wondering if you have body rigidity improvement installed or not? Never mind if you want to keep it to yourself, just being curious :) 👍

Good luck for further improvement guys :cheers:

Last edited:
ODB
Ok heh heh can't stay away :D had energy for bit over hour session and managed to cut off few tenths, earning me at least a visit in the top 100 :dopey: I totally messed up the chicane at the end loosing well over .1 seconds and I've been ahead of my ghost by at least a tenth in the middle of Dunlop curve so at least in theory I could save some time there too... Naah, I'm really quite content making 47.460 because despite those few mistakes there was some pretty nice driving too, at least it seemed like I was quite fast on those corners before and after the bridge witch are kind of tough corners to nail... Well to me at least they are :D

Oh yeah, I dropped rear DF down to 590 and I think I might try dropping it bit further if I have the time to drive some more...

@beau231 heh sorry if I'm being too nosy, but I was just wondering if you have body rigidity improvement installed or not? Never mind if you want to keep it to yourself, just being curious :) 👍

Yes i'm useing body rigidity improvement :)

ODB

I'm using sub 550 DF and it's not a problem, for anyone who can drive a bit I expect low 500 would be the go.

Yes i'm useing body rigidity improvement :)

Ok thanks good to know!! Had it installed also, so now I don't have to bother buying myself a third z4 :D (had two z4's with chassis reinforcement already :D)

I'm using sub 550 DF and it's not a problem, for anyone who can drive a bit I expect low 500 would be the go.

Ok interesting, I was down to 550 at some point but car felt really sloppy... After I took it back up to 590 I noticed that chassis had begun to deteriorate already, so could be that the sloppiness was because of that instead of too low rear DF... Thanks for the tip, next time I have time I might test it on low 500 (probably just below 550 will do for me too) straight a way :) 👍

Good luck mate :cheers:

Last edited:
ODB
Ok thanks good to know!! Had it installed also, so now I don't have to bother buying myself a third z4 :D (had two z4's with chassis reinforcement already :D)

Ok interesting, I was down to 550 at some point but car felt really sloppy... After I took it back up to 590 I noticed that chassis had begun to deteriorate already, so could be that the sloppiness was because of that instead of too low rear DF... Thanks for the tip, next time I have time I might test it on low 500 (probably just below 550 will do for me too) straight a way :) 👍

Good luck mate :cheers:
Too me lower downforce is the better, it's way better in the faster corners and you get better stright line speed, this still has so much torque in the hairpin and chicane with a lot of rear downforce anyway so i think lower the better :)

Too me lower downforce is the better, it's way better in the faster corners and you get better stright line speed, this still has so much torque in the hairpin and chicane with a lot of rear downforce anyway so i think lower the better :)

Ok this sounds brilliant thanks :cheers: seems like this event is still open for registration until 5th of next months so I should have time for stint or two, hopefully I'll be updating my lap record after that :) 👍

Oh yeah, have to take a look of that replay of yours too when I'm at it, just comes to mind did you have @oooMaXimumooo gears or something else so I could pick up some shifting points etc?

ODB
Ok this sounds brilliant thanks :cheers: seems like this event is still open for registration until 5th of next months so I should have time for stint or two, hopefully I'll be updating my lap record after that :) 👍

Oh yeah, have to take a look of that replay of yours too when I'm at it, just comes to mind did you have @oooMaXimumooo gears or something else so I could pick up some shifting points etc?
I use same gears that come with SW__10 setup, but i still can do 1:46.0s with @oooMaXimumooo gears, it was just harder to use in sector 1 for me but there better everywhere else :)

I use same gears that come with SW__10 setup, but i still can do 1:46.0s with @oooMaXimumooo gears, it was just harder to use in sector 1 for me but there better everywhere else :)

Ok good to know!! I think I have to stick with @oooMaXimumooo gears for I'm familiar with them already, if I'm able to keep it on 4th gear trough that slalom after first turn I think I'm carrying pretty nice speed trough there.... Maybe I could try altering 3rd and 4th gear a bit to make it better, but TBH there's still plenty of work to do driving wise so I think I'll leave them alone...

Thanks bro :cheers:

Hi all!
I don't think someone has covered this accordingly but, INSTALL body rigidity! It will make huge difference! You can try on your actual setup (for the ppl who play without or simply didn't install) just to reduce the Spring rates to 13.50-15.00 area.
I fine tuned 3 versions of my setup and i came to this, from my POV and drive feel has superior grip, took the ride height from SW__10 tune (had 70-75 originally). Been able to hold up decently with IMM till 1st split, came 0.5s slower but i'm not in the greatest shape atm, but the tune is pretty close to his tune.
Managed 65th 2 days ago, now on 68th. I'm 100% the tune can go much lower but this is my first event after the GT Academy, some guys should test it
body rigidity on
no oil change
stock engine
high rpm turbo
BB - 4:4

75 --- 85
14.50 -- 15.00
3 -- 3
4 -- 4
5 -- 4
0.0 - 0.0
0.06 - 0.00
lsd: 6 - 10 - 5

gearbox: whatever fits you best

aero : 400 - 515
Don't touch the aero, i think it is very well balanced! Don't be affraid to turn hard. I suggest you don't change anything in the tune.
PS: for Z4 GT3 you should check regularly the chassis, i think it holds up only 600km or so

ODB
Ok good to know!! I think I have to stick with @oooMaXimumooo gears for I'm familiar with them already, if I'm able to keep it on 4th gear trough that slalom after first turn I think I'm carrying pretty nice speed trough there.... Maybe I could try altering 3rd and 4th gear a bit to make it better, but TBH there's still plenty of work to do driving wise so I think I'll leave them alone...

Thanks bro :cheers:
Try to only adjust 4th by making it shorter or longer,

Hi all!
I don't think someone has covered this accordingly but, INSTALL body rigidity! It will make huge difference! You can try on your actual setup (for the ppl who play without or simply didn't install) just to reduce the Spring rates to 13.50-15.00 area.
I fine tuned 3 versions of my setup and i came to this, from my POV and drive feel has superior grip, took the ride height from SW__10 tune (had 70-75 originally). Been able to hold up decently with IMM till 1st split, came 0.5s slower but i'm not in the greatest shape atm, but the tune is pretty close to his tune.
Managed 65th 2 days ago, now on 68th. I'm 100% the tune can go much lower but this is my first event after the GT Academy, some guys should test it
body rigidity on
no oil change
stock engine
high rpm turbo
BB - 4:4

75 --- 85
14.50 -- 15.00
3 -- 3
4 -- 4
5 -- 4
0.0 - 0.0
0.06 - 0.00
lsd: 6 - 10 - 5

gearbox: whatever fits you best

aero : 400 - 515
Don't touch the aero, i think it is very well balanced! Don't be affraid to turn hard. I suggest you don't change anything in the tune.
PS: for Z4 GT3 you should check regularly the chassis, i think it holds up only 600km or so

Thanks for the setup and tips :) 👍 Tried it out but didn't quite catch the hang of it (can't even really say why :odd:) even though it felt pretty nice... Took your advice though and raised RH to 75 85 and dropped rear DF down to 530 like example @Dalone and others had suggested couple of times already and it really did work nicely, made few improvements on lap time and ended up with 47.299 taking me somewhere around top 70 :P 👍 I was already once way ahead of my ghost after hair pin but spoon got me, really would like to see myself doing low 47's before this ends, at least it seemed like I could be up to it :odd:

Try to only adjust 4th by making it shorter or longer,

Actually didn't touch the gears for I realized that the way they are setup now actually helps me to modulate speed trough that first section, shifting between 3rd and 4th seems to help balancing the car for the bends... But yeah, thanks for the tips anyway always appreciated :cheers:

Last edited:
ODB
Thanks for the setup and tips :) 👍 Tried it out but didn't quite catch the hang of it (can't even really say why :odd:) even though it felt pretty nice... Took your advice though and raised RH to 75 85 and dropped rear DF down to 530 like example @Dalone and others had suggested couple of times already and it really did work nicely, made few improvements on lap time and ended up with 47.299 taking me somewhere around top 70 :P 👍 I was already once way ahead of my ghost after hair pin but spoon got me, really would like to see myself doing low 47's before this ends, at least it seemed like I could be up to it :odd:

Actually didn't touch the gears for I realized that the way they are setup now actually helps me to modulate speed trough that first section, shifting between 3rd and 4th seems to help balancing the car for the bends... But yeah, thanks for the tips anyway always appreciated :cheers:
Yep, I find that in the esses (going up the hill) dropping to 3rd gets me swung around the corners quicker so I change a number of times before I reach the top. I have done it quite well staying in 4th but still think I'm quicker switching back and forth where relevant.

Thank @shaunm80 for a great tune. I tried this for the first time with the BMW Z4 GT3 '11 with your tune and the following assists: Active Steering: Mild, TC: 1, ASM: ON and ABS:1. After a couple of laps I was able to achieve silver and once gold but that was because I cut the CASIO triangle too much and my lap was invalidated. I tried a couple more times but just couldn't get Gold. So, I changed the assists to: Active Steering: Off, TC: 1, ASM: Off and ABS:1. First lap out, I was able to run a 1:57.287 which was good enough for Gold and 35,388. :D:cheers:

Ok this thread is probably starting to be quite dead already, but I'm going to post anyway :D heheh... like I figured I should have my chance for low 47's and even managed to make such a remarkable time as 47.087 witch was good enough for top 60 ATM, witch is always nice :D this also seems like my final result for even though how attempting idea it would be to brake that 47 barrier, it's going to hell of a tricky to make it and I probably won't even have the time so... Heh, hopefully they'll bring us something interesting in next TT's, see you guys there... Well unless it's some total crap... :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, tune was the same, except rear DF I lowered to 525 (515 was too edgy for me)

Hello guys, here is the world record for this tt. Cheers.

First let me say that is an amazing lap so great job. Would you be willing to let those of us that don't have hands like yours try your setup? If you were willing to share that it would equal or surpass your amazing lap. Again great job.

Thank's Whalengt. I used SW10's setup. I modified nothing. Max aero upfront, 500 rear. Cheers.

Thats the setting I used as well. Man that was a great lap. Do you have a real life racing background? Just that your braking points and apexing is pretty much perfect.

I began with rental karts at 14, then bought my own 6 speed shifter kart at 17 which I only ran for a year and a half. No real motorsport experience after that a part from a Formula 4 test which was the best day of my life so far. Cheers.

Back