630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 216 comments
Finally managed to break into the 48s with a 1:48.936 :D Mainly thanks to a new PB sub-49 first sector. Last time I checked I was 286th on the Leaderboard so have also cracked the 300 mark...so a good day done. Almost improved again as I was up 0.150 at sector 2 split but was slower in the final sector to end up 0.030 down. Still work to do though as my PB sectors combine for a 48.657

Slight tweaks to the tune:

Rear SR: Increased to 15.00 from 14.50
Rear TOE: Put back to 0.00

The increased SR for the rear is most useful in the esses as it allows the car to turn quicker. Tried using strong active steering but it was slowing me down too much..tried without AS and could barely control the car :lol: so have stuck with mild. Played with ride heights a bit but nothing beyond 75/75 really worked..maybe with other tweaks elsewhere it might.

Last edited:
There are a couple of people at about place 500+ that are on RH tyres, plus the one as mentioned elsewhere in this thread supposedly using comfort medium!
Actually, there is a trick to manipulate what tyres it shows was used. It is basically a glitch, and some get this glitch unintentionally, some do it on purpose. It is possible to get gold with RH, and probably even with SS. But it is not possible on CM, I can guarantee you that. :)

I'll try tonight. :)

Apart from some person named Abigail who apparently cheated to victory twice, no. Not in GT6.
Abigail was an account from brunoblak, who is brazilian, and yes, obvious cheater.

Have you never got a TT win?:odd: How many wins did you have in GT5 then?
How about Canada? I know a certain canadian who have the speed to get a win...

Last edited:
WOW. After a new tune, I managed to do a respectable 1:47.948 with a regular DS3! (118th). :gtpflag: Beau what's your Downforce? My cornering speeds are not bad, but man, you CRUSH me at the straights by about an entire second! You seem to have less than 550 at the rear and about 300 at the front. Impressive!

WOW. After a new tune, I managed to do a respectable 1:47.948 with a regular DS3! (118th). :gtpflag: Beau what's your Downforce? My cornering speeds are not bad, but man, you CRUSH me at the straights by about an entire second! You seem to have less than 550 at the rear and about 300 at the front. Impressive!
Very low rear downforce and max on the front

Finally able to improve and made it back into top 10, @SW__10 Tune did the work for me and i believe use guys should use this guys tune :)
I took your advice and used this tune and did inprove a few tenths and still some left for me. I am using a different gear setting that keeps up with your ghost even with more downforce at the back. I will post my gear box settings later today.

Edit
It is actually faster than your 7th place ghost with 560 on the rear.

Initial FG: 3.200
Max speed 200KH (min)
1: 5.267
2: 3.863
3: 3.248
4: 2.715
5: 2.310
6: 1.960
FG: 2.000

Last edited:
Gold time is doable in the car 100% stock - stock power, RH tyres, no tuning :)
Yes, as I said, its doable with RH, probably even SS, but can it be done with SM? I have not tested, but i doubt it, and if it is possible, it will need a great lap.
Someone clamis they did it with CM, and that is, I think, BS.

Yes, as I said, its doable with RH, probably even SS, but can it be done with SM? I have not tested, but i doubt it, and if it is possible, it will need a great lap.

👍

I ran a 1'57.8 at 592ppts on SH with no tune adjustments (that was only c.10 laps, and the 1st lap I ran at gold, so will go quicker). However, I'm pretty sure I couldn't get the stock car under 1'58 on SS tyres.

At 630ppts with tuning, the car would probably run in the 1'50's. Plenty of scope for SS to run gold time, and maybe even SM at the ppt limit.

CM? I think not :lol:

👍

I ran a 1'57.8 at 592ppts on SH with no tune adjustments (that was only c.10 laps, and the 1st lap I ran at gold, so will go quicker). However, I'm pretty sure I couldn't get the stock car under 1'58 on SS tyres.

At 630ppts with tuning, the car would probably run in the 1'50's. Plenty of scope for SS to run gold time, and maybe even SM at the ppt limit.

CM? I think not :lol:
Huh... it preforms well on sport tyres then it seems:tup:

I don't think anyone has claimed they have done it with CMs. It was myself, the other day, pointing out that the car ahead of me on the Leaderboard (499th place at the time) was listed as having done the lap on comfort mediums....I just assumed that there was an error with the leaderboard and it was displaying the wrong tyres as I can't imagine even a top 10 driver could get top 500 with CMs

I don't think anyone has claimed they have done it with CMs. It was myself, the other day, pointing out that the car ahead of me on the Leaderboard (499th place at the time) was listed as having done the lap on comfort mediums....I just assumed that there was an error with the leaderboard and it was displaying the wrong tyres as I can't imagine even a top 10 driver could get top 500 with CMs
Ok then.:) yeah, its a glitch for sure, especially that high up the board.
Ed_night had a time with RH earlier, wich was in the top 10, again, not really possible. :)

I took your advice and used this tune and did inprove a few tenths and still some left for me. I am using a different gear setting that keeps up with your ghost even with more downforce at the back. I will post my gear box settings later today.

Edit
It is actually faster than your 7th place ghost with 560 on the rear.

Initial FG: 3.200
Max speed 200KH (min)
1: 5.267
2: 3.863
3: 3.248
4: 2.715
5: 2.310
6: 1.960
FG: 2.000
How many tenths would i make up you think with your gears?

How many tenths would i make up you think with your gears?
Its hard to say but when I have a good exit I can see the hood of your ghost in my mirror at the end of the straight. I hit 286 kmh. After that you are gone :-)
Best guess would be half a tenth to a tenth on the straight.

Hello everybody!! Long time no stint :D

Yesterday managed to get below 49's on @SW__10 tune and I think it was pretty good considering how damn difficult and forced my driving was after such long brake...

Great to see many familiar names in the thread, good luck guys, keep it tidy ;) :cheers:

Last edited:
After a couple of days of no improving, finally managed, after a couple of tweaks that I forgot to write down, to be within a tenth of my ghost after sector 1....overtook it through spoon and was still ahead coming up to braking for the final chicane but braked too early and, exited the chicane behind the ghost but had so much better drive that I ended up crossing the line 1.5 tenths up! So, back into the top 300 with a 1:48.783 using auto gears and x/square for accel/brake :D Only a tenth off my theoretical best as I didn't set any PBs on my best lap so not sure if I can get any more time but will still try though

Ok 2nd stint and I think some things are starting to come back, like for instance bringing the car straight before braking too much :D (helps a lot for spinning :D)

Still on @SW__10 tune except for dropping RH down to 70 80 and rear DF to 600. Also had gears courtesy by @oooMaXimumooo (thank you very much :cheers: ) and managed to get below 48's with 47.763 witch I was quite happy with even though the lap had few pretty obvious mistakes... Also I really have to mention that after almost 3 months on break this is a LOT harder than I remembered, so guys no breaks over 36 hours from now on so you keep in shape :D naah, maybe I try to shave off couple of more tenths but this was already hard enough so I don't know how much more effort I'll but in to it...
Keep it up guys :gtpflag: 👍

Last edited:
Well after many attempts with the BMW Z4, even with the tweak I could not find .07 sec for gold. I went back to the Audi with @shaunm80 tune and got the gold. I wish to give credit to @shaunm80 for both the tune and his ghost to chase. It was because of @shaunm80 that I got the gold on this one. Thank you so much @shaunm80 not only for your awesome tunes but also for your ghost. I was able to watch your lines through the corners that helped me so much. No where near your time but gold nontheless.

Attachments

• 20151023_194355.jpg
    20151023_194355.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 18
Looking at these times upsets me a bit, considering I only managed around 1:52~ on my 10th try or so... I guess I have something to learn

Incredible times being realized. :bowdown:

Quite happy myself with a 1:48,763 (DS3, ABS1 only).

Thanks to all for tips, tunes and advice. Presently using @SW__10 tune with some small tweaks. And the gear settings from @oooMaXimumooo, which really made a difference for me. Hope to improve on the hairpin and final chicane to get those last tenths. Really enjoying this combo.

Last edited:
Time for me to put more effort in because i believe i could get into the 45s :)
Edit: 1:46.070 I'm so close :P

Don't blink because that's the time you need. You can do it. Relax and have fun. As if you need my advice :) but some of us look to you guys to show us what's possible. Good luck and you have more than a few pulling for you.

Back