630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 303 comments
If we're talking about lorda then he's set another time and gone quicker but it still shows him on RH

You'll never know... but what I know is that it shows RH front and rear for me, too. And I'm pretty sure that I'm not good enough to reach 1:50,3x on RH... ;) Or maybe I became the next alien over night!? :cheers:

I had not seen that one could run in RS :banghead:. So my first laps with my BMW Z4 GT3 '11 in RH were not very conclusive. Only 1'55'955. And then I saw that you could use the RS. While there, I can say that it is better. With my BMW Z4 GT3 '11 I could do 1'53'464. Cool !!!!!:lol: :lol:
Seems that caught out a few of us. I did two laps thinking what the hell's going on here so I had another look at the regs and said ohhh.:dunce:

It's amazing how hard you have to drive the car to be fast. I am literally diving into the first turn at full speed and jumping on the brakes while downshifting 2 gears, then into 3rd just as I come out of the second turn. Scrubbing off 100mph in 100 feet it seems. Same thing on most of the track, down shift and turn in, hard, back to full throttle. There is really onLy the first 4 switchbacks that require any real finesse. I guess they'd be turns 3, 4, 5 & 6?

Watching the replays, fast laps are easy if your car has gobs of steering, but doesn't dump the rear in tight turns. The other requirement is giant balls....huge ones. lol

I'm able to repeat 1.50.0xx's, but haven't gotten into the 49's, yet.

1:46.679 for 10th at the moment. I think I have 1:45 potential but it's too early to tell. Very good start for me considering how much I hate these tires. :boggled:

Yeah I think I can 1:45 now. Just got a very sloppy 1:46.462 and I think I lost about .25 at the hairpin :lol:

Last edited:
Having a good day today, finally cracked 1.50 with a 1.49.9xx. I was happy with that so I went outside to have a break, got eaten by mosquitoes and came back in cranky so I had another go and 2nd lap got a 1.49.579. next lap was ahead again til my wife decided to ask me something and lost it big time. Time for another beer, checked my rating, 168 .001 in front of oooMax. Wow happy days. Of course til I read what you guys are doing!! :cheers:

Looking for some inspiration to crack into the 1:48's I watched IMMORTAL for 3 or 4 laps, seemingly effortlessly taking corners at breakneck speeds with incredible ease.
Anyway it worked, I immediately began improving and came down from 1:49.5 to 1:48.7 for #83.

Now trying SW_10's tune and down to 1:48.392 for #62.

Last edited:
It's amazing how hard you have to drive the car to be fast. I am literally diving into the first turn at full speed and jumping on the brakes while downshifting 2 gears, then into 3rd just as I come out of the second turn. Scrubbing off 100mph in 100 feet it seems. Same thing on most of the track, down shift and turn in, hard, back to full throttle. There is really onLy the first 4 switchbacks that require any real finesse. I guess they'd be turns 3, 4, 5 & 6?

Watching the replays, fast laps are easy if your car has gobs of steering, but doesn't dump the rear in tight turns. The other requirement is giant balls....huge ones. lol

I'm able to repeat 1.50.0xx's, but haven't gotten into the 49's, yet.

I can't believe how fast you go into turn one. I gave up trying to match you as I usually ended up on the outside curb and messed up for the turn or red lapping straight away.

I'm using sw_10's tune but dropped the rear down force down to 680 to get the car to slide a bit more. Lowering the ride height a few mm front and back got me a high 49 but it was a ragged lap as I put too much heat in the tires on the slower corners and then got nowhere near their limit on the fast corners. Racing soft tires really need a smooth style and that's something I'm woefully short of but the car is planted enough for me to have a good practice at it though.

I can't believe how fast you go into turn one. I gave up trying to match you as I usually ended up on the outside curb and messed up for the turn or red lapping straight away.

I'm using sw_10's tune but dropped the rear down force down to 680 to get the car to slide a bit more. Lowering the ride height a few mm front and back got me a high 49 but it was a ragged lap as I put too much heat in the tires on the slower corners and then got nowhere near their limit on the fast corners. Racing soft tires really need a smooth style and that's something I'm woefully short of but the car is planted enough for me to have a good practice at it though.
@Jeje6410 tune is a really smooth tune, which I usually prefer. I did a good lap using this tune, then tried @Kossie tune, which I found encourages sliding - promptly did a lap 0.6 seconds faster than the previous one!

@Jeje6410 tune is a really smooth tune, which I usually prefer. I did a good lap using this tune, then tried @Kossie tune, which I found encourages sliding - promptly did a lap 0.6 seconds faster than the previous one!
Me too, I improved half a second with Kossie's tune, from low 1.49 to high 1.48. The first turn needs a bit of practice but this is the way to drive faster

Glad to hear that my tune helps for somebody. Don't forget I using at gears so i drive on my limit. With a 47.2 I'm Happy. then i go train with manual, And only the pastafari :bowdown: knows what time i make then. The first turn you must take risks. All or nothing :P

Cheers :cheers:

Thanks a lot my friend @bone_tone for your comments.:cheers:

I make a 1:48, but I using AT gears. I must train on this track with manual gears.

75-75
min-min
1-2
1-2
6-7
0-0
0-0

Breakes- 5-3
LSD-7-12-5

Gears: My gears are not good for manual.

Use only the high turbo. Downforce: 400-570

My friend @Kossie I will try your tune this Monday. :cheers:

Kilesa, I just watched the top drivers replays, a couple of them and tried to emulate them. They ar driving really, really hard and "getting away with it," the entire lap.
I can usually do it for a few of the high speed sections, then I go red someplace and start over. If I can do it an entire lap I'll get a 47, lol.

I'm using a DS3, ABS2 and TC1. No active steering, manual trans.

I used to watch the top replays for lines and seeing how fast they're taking the corners, go into the TT myself full of confidence from what I've just seen and then fall flat on my face. Moving from my cautious line to their extreme line really shows the huge difference in skill levels and if I'm honest, I'm not overly confident on the quickest line. One error and it's all over.

That's a great point. I don't have near their skill, so what I do is try and push it closer to what they're doing, without straying too far from my comfort zone.

I did improve to a 1.49.5xx tonight. After getting the car to stop over rotating/dumping. This also made it so at the end of the first straight the car isn't almost sideways entering turn 1.

I think I'll have a 1.48 before it's over.

Back