690PP DeltaWing Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 101 comments
1:22:543 (1,339th) with Shaunm80's tune.

1:22:239 (1,084th) with CoryClifford's tune.

For others, they may find a good difference between the above tunes but I found only 3 hundreths!

I played with the downforce a little in order to get these faster times.

Last edited:
I find it interesting to watch aliens' top ten replays. These cold blooded guys and gals drive so perfect paths and they don't even seem fast! Stunning.

All the way down then work my way up til it works, if it ever does.

Edit: Scratch that!

Wow, stupid car. DS3 guys, if you need a quick win, try this.

5.57/12.19
10/1
10/1
1/1
0/0
0/0

180 mph (290)

12/12/25

1500 wing

Got me into the 22s

:dunce:👍

Very similar setup got me into the 19s. I like it.
item:f/r
springs:max/min
compression:8/2
rebound:8/2
bar:(1)/3
camber:0.3/1.0
toe:0/(stock 60? left it stock)

186 mph

diff 10/40/20

wing 1400

Brake and turn early, get to the power early and with the nose pointed down the straight, especially on the hairpin. Power on at the apex to plant the rear and lock the diff. Mid corner lift will oversteer excessively. Steady throttle through all turns especially the left left right sweepers on the back half. It will behave like a RUF, so keep your throttle foot steady. Lift throttle = spinning death. Keep the diff loaded up.

Good car with a good setup.

Very similar setup got me into the 19s. I like it.

I'm at a 20.4 now, but I haven't really tried too much. I like the 600pp event better simply because Deep Forest is a nice change that I needed. I started tinkering a little and see I'm using this now:

8/1
8/1
1/2

I think I remember wanted a more reactive/responsive front end and that helped.

There's definitely two ways to go about this one. A light car that's slower on the straights, or a heavier car that flies down the straight but won't stop or turn in the same.

Going with Cory's tune as well.

Officially, I got 1:24.6. But trying to better my times, I get close to 1:23.5, but somehow keep messing it up and I get a red lap.

Yeah, I'm done here.

Typically, what hp is everyone getting for the DeltaWing?

I've got 407 BHP at 609PP & at 565kg.

I've got high RPM Range Turbo kit installed with 75kg ballast.

Any change I can make to make the DeltaWing more powerful?

I'm probably not even in the top 30% but I still think this car is perfectly fine to drive. Fun car, but I wish it wasn't on the red bull track again.

-edit-
Speaking of percentiles, I think the leaderboards should show how many percent of the players are worse than you. It's more useful than being told you're #3000 out of whoevenknowshowmany.

Last edited:
All the way down then work my way up til it works, if it ever does.

Edit: Scratch that!

Wow, stupid car. DS3 guys, if you need a quick win, try this.

5.57/12.19
10/1
10/1
1/1
0/0
0/0

180 mph (290)

12/12/25

1500 wing

Got me into the 22s

:dunce:👍

👍 Great settings sir! Got me 1:22:733 (DS3). Much easier to turn, more agility and responsive steering...

Just wondering, you used this setup on the 2013 DWing or the 2013 Le Mans?

EDIT: 1:21:9xx

Last edited:
Really enjoyable car to drive. Down to 1:17.6 for P5.. Although there doesn't seem to be any big guns taking part :confused:

I'm hoping You claim 1st!

I find the car very stubborn to turn.

The ballast in the front makes the car turn but it seems reluctant. So have to compromise on speed for accuracy.

I'm hoping You claim 1st!

I find the car very stubborn to turn.

The ballast in the front makes the car turn but it seems reluctant. So have to compromise on speed for accuracy.

Thanks mate but that won't happen with GTA starting on Tuesday.

It's a beauty when you learn how it's going to react. Just for god sake stay away from the curbs :lol:

Running Shaunm80's excellent setup, just managed a PB of 1:23.828. For a guy who's been playing GT6 all of a week, just bought the DeltaWing today, and running with NO driving aids (not done that much before!) I will TAKE that! :cheers:

In the top 5000 in the world too. Heh, not bad. :)

I actually really enjoy the DeltaWing to drive. Guess it's a bit of a love-hate car. But I really enjoy it. I guess being open-top but with the thin nose means it has great visibility for apexes, and once you cure the sudden snap oversteer when giving too much steering, it turns into a joy for me. :)

Speaking of percentiles, I think the leaderboards should show how many percent of the players are worse than you. It's more useful than being told you're #3000 out of whoevenknowshowmany.

Although its not available while an event is open (because people can join up until an event closes) you CAN find out how many participated in each event AFTER it closes by checking for it in this thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...erboards-11-10-14.300214/page-9#post-10620601

Special thanks to @geezer1791 for his efforts in determining the length of the leaderboards and making those available to us.

Well, cut down to 18.5xx for tentative p27. Turn in point is so critical with mid corner lift off killing the balance so badly. Something that may help you guys is entering the corner in a higher gear than needed and kicking down a gear when you get under steer to push some more weight onto the front end. Helps modulate steering mid corner than using the throttle alone. I've probably got .5 left for me. Second fastest american currently.

GT Academy... Let's go!

This is me to Boca Weird and his AS

image.jpg

2013 Deltawing

Took the crazy out without neutering it. IMO of course. :)
I hated it in stock form, I love it now.
I currently have only a 19.7, but if I run it more it will break 18's for certain.

I shall try this setup this evening. I'm basically becoming a sponge, learning every bit of technique and little tricks I can to improve laptimes.

Well, cut down to 18.5xx for tentative p27. Turn in point is so critical with mid corner lift off killing the balance so badly. Something that may help you guys is entering the corner in a higher gear than needed and kicking down a gear when you get under steer to push some more weight onto the front end. Helps modulate steering mid corner than using the throttle alone. I've probably got .5 left for me. Second fastest american currently.

GT Academy... Let's go!

See I've done the enter corner in a higher gear thing already, but for a slightly different reason - when changing down gears, if I go down to 2nd gear I often end up loading the front end up so much that I snap into a spin on corner entry, ESPECIALLY elsewhere in the TS030. So I've ended up changing down to 3rd, then only changing to 2nd just at corner turn-in. I might try that though, use the gears to turn the car a bit more. 👍

See I've done the enter corner in a higher gear thing already, but for a slightly different reason - when changing down gears, if I go down to 2nd gear I often end up loading the front end up so much that I snap into a spin on corner entry, ESPECIALLY elsewhere in the TS030. So I've ended up changing down to 3rd, then only changing to 2nd just at corner turn-in. I might try that though, use the gears to turn the car a bit more. 👍
If it is a relatively high speed long corner, such as the corner two after the hairpin, I enter in fourth gear and when I start to understeer I pop it down into third to move a small amount of weight back up front. It destabilizes the car enough to gain steering and stay on the gas.

The Red Bull Ring has, again, time change.

09.00 apart from 15.00 this time.
Again, i can't help but think they are still testing it out; the fact it has no spectators and it is "empty" gets me thinking about a re-release of the track.
Btw the handling of the car is so weird and unpredictable that makes this seasonal really enjoyable

If it is a relatively high speed long corner, such as the corner two after the hairpin, I enter in fourth gear and when I start to understeer I pop it down into third to move a small amount of weight back up front. It destabilizes the car enough to gain steering and stay on the gas.

Very interesting...thanks for the tip. Will have to try it, if I get brave enough! Sounds like a risky manoeuvre to basically destabilise the car mid-corner, but then again if it's just enough to counter the already-happening understeer it should balance out.

The 2nd right turn uphill is proving to be my nemesis. Finding it hard to get a good line through. Also the yellow kerb in the middle of the turn is violent! It throws the car if the wheel goes over. Sheesh!
That corner is evil. I've never been able to hit the inside curb without spinning out.

That corner is evil. I've never been able to hit the inside curb without spinning out.
Seriously. That is the one curbed corner that just gets me all mangled up, no matter what car I am in. I only ran two laps for this particular event, but I've spun out at this particular corner in dozens of other cars. I either hit the corner with what I think is a perfect turn-in, but get on the gas way too early and spin out, hit that corner with what I think is almost a perfect turn-in, but hesitate out of fear of spinning and get back on the throttle way too late, or I attempt a later turn-in, run a bit wide and the car gets unsettled on the far side of the track. It's extremely frustrating.

reasons why it is a terrible TT:
1. The deltawing doesn't turn and then snaps wherever you want it the moment after you give up on it turning... and you go and spin it.
2. if you hit a wall it sticks to the wall like glue.
3. It has a Mazda engine that has more BHP than a RX-7 and yet it isn't in a road car.
4. It is kinda cool looking, which means its general s:censored:iness is even more disgraceful.
5. It cost two million but you only get about 800000 for winning the challenge.
6. The downforce difference between front and back is awful.
7. Red Bull Ring isn't good for this car, I think something like Fuji would be better.
Oh, and the fact I can beat its time around Laguna Seca with a GT500 stealth model.

Back