690PP DeltaWing Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 101 comments
Thanks mate. But still no idea what the difference is (for the tune), but that's not important.

Unless he just meant someone else's tune and I'm reading too far into it. :dunce:

photo_1429224323639.jpg P5 so far. :D

Must not be very many entrants yet...2549th in the world? For me, that's pretty good. And I usually gold all of these super lap events.

I never had much of an interest to purchase this car. It actually didn't drive nearly as strange as I was expecting. My first lap was a silver time - I was getting on the gas too quickly...my next lap was my Gold time of 1:23.346... I just ran the car mostly stock. I got rid of the rear toe and I clicked up once on rear brakes. Then I increased downforce in the rear to 1425. 687PP 344HP still...standard LSD and Tranny.

I spent $2,000,000 just now to earn $893,000 - but that's okay...Maybe I'll run this car again in the future.

Stock 687PP, max downforce and top speed set at 162mph. All other settings at default value.
1:22.263 for position #645 at the moment. This is the highest rank I have ever been. This also shows the lack of entries for this event.
Update:
1:21.517 for position #518 at the time. Used @shaunm80 suspension and lsd settings.

Last edited:
Here is my tune for a easy to drive DW. I use DS3 so it should be fairly easy for other people.

DeltaWing 2013 DeltaWing

deltawingimg2-jpg.172022

Shaun, as always a splendid job with the tune.

Somehow, I couldn't tame the beast as I had trouble getting the car to turn in just right. During he turn, I realised if I'd accelerate, the car would start to move straight instead of still turning, so it's a compromise I had to make to ensure that car has turned in enough to accelerate again & negotiate the turn.

Any handy pointers for bettering my time?

Somehow, I couldn't tame the beast as I had trouble getting the car to turn in just right. During he turn, I realised if I'd accelerate, the car would start to move straight instead of still turning, so it's a compromise I had to make to ensure that car has turned in enough to accelerate again & negotiate the turn.

I didn't own the car before this event, so I am certainly no expert, however you and I often have similar times so we probably are fairly close in skill level - so maybe my suggestions will be helpful after all.

First, let the downforce be your friend. I try scrubbing some speed off by applying the brake while still moving straight and downshifting to the gear I would want to be in when I mash the throttle, then I would just steer my car into the turn. As soon as my car is straight thru the turn my foot is back to the floor. I was surprised at how much speed can be carried through the twisty section (middle part of the circuit). That's where I meant to allow the downforce to hold you firm to the ground through a corner. You might not be able to give a lot of gas, or even any at all, but you definitely don't need to brake as much as you might think at first.

I literally ran 2 laps in the car. My first was only a silver time, my next was a Gold time @ 1:23.346... My first lap was a little sketchy because I was trying to get back on the gas full throttle when my car wasn't completely settled from a turn. I'm sure the aliens can handle that just fine, and maybe I could with some more laps, but I couldn't on my first one and I made sure to wait just a split second longer before flooring it on my 2nd lap.

Good luck Uday!! 👍

EDIT: Oh, and aim for those yellow stones on turn in!

EDIT 2: I just saw that you already do have a gold time, so you're definitely doing something right. I see that you have traction control 1 enabled. I don't know if that's killing some of your power coming out of turns, but it could be! Also, since you run Automatic Transmission, I guess you can't manually downshift as I suggested. But at least try aiming for those yellow stones on turn in. You can literally fly right over a couple of them without upsetting the balance of the car - especially the last turn before the start/finish straight. Good luck, friend!

Last edited:
I'd been looking for a tune for either of these cars that a driver of my limited abilities could work with. I know they're nobody's go to car in any normal TT so I was happy to see them featured here now. I actually thought I had a decent build on my 2012 until I tried @shaunm80's numbers for the 2013 and eclipsed my TT time by 3.5 seconds on the 1st lap!!..That got me a very easy gold Shaun and a tune that I'll use just for cruising in..Thanks for that!..:cheers:

Avoid the green on the inside of the stripes when you exit a corner, They will unsettle the car and cause massive power over steer. Brake before the corner turn in entry point, aim for the yellow mound and when you are just past that yellow spot, floor it and it should hold the line perfectly. It will work in the twisty section effortlessly, where this tune makes or breaks a lap is on the 90 degree corners. Listen to the car and it will guide you home. :)

Rit
I'd been looking for a tune for either of these cars that a driver of my limited abilities could work with. I know they're nobody's go to car in any normal TT so I was happy to see them featured here now. I actually thought I had a decent build on my 2012 until I tried @shaunm80's numbers for the 2013 and eclipsed my TT time by 3.5 seconds on the 1st lap!!..That got me a very easy gold Shaun and a tune that I'll use just for cruising in..Thanks for that!..:cheers:
No problem. Glad the tune worked for you. Nice to know this tune works well on the 2012 version as well. Well done on getting gold on the first lap. Always a good sense of achievement that is.

I didn't own the car before this event, so I am certainly no expert, however you and I often have similar times so we probably are fairly close in skill level - so maybe my suggestions will be helpful after all.

First, let the downforce be your friend. I try scrubbing some speed off by applying the brake while still moving straight and downshifting to the gear I would want to be in when I mash the throttle, then I would just steer my car into the turn. As soon as my car is straight thru the turn my foot is back to the floor. I was surprised at how much speed can be carried through the twisty section (middle part of the circuit). That's where I meant to allow the downforce to hold you firm to the ground through a corner. You might not be able to give a lot of gas, or even any at all, but you definitely don't need to brake as much as you might think at first.

I literally ran 2 laps in the car. My first was only a silver time, my next was a Gold time @ 1:23.346... My first lap was a little sketchy because I was trying to get back on the gas full throttle when my car wasn't completely settled from a turn. I'm sure the aliens can handle that just fine, and maybe I could with some more laps, but I couldn't on my first one and I made sure to wait just a split second longer before flooring it on my 2nd lap.

Good luck Uday!! 👍

EDIT: Oh, and aim for those yellow stones on turn in!

EDIT 2: I just saw that you already do have a gold time, so you're definitely doing something right. I see that you have traction control 1 enabled. I don't know if that's killing some of your power coming out of turns, but it could be! Also, since you run Automatic Transmission, I guess you can't manually downshift as I suggested. But at least try aiming for those yellow stones on turn in. You can literally fly right over a couple of them without upsetting the balance of the car - especially the last turn before the start/finish straight. Good luck, friend!

With valuable inputs from a generous You, I kept marginally improving my time to 1:23:922. :bowdown:

My previous best was 1:25:6xx.

There was an instance where I was marginally improving, which meant the server was updating my rank. I was hoping it wouldn't crash! :nervous:

The key is to get the braking point right. I pay attention to the distance markers on the left, just like how F1 drivers do, to apply the brakes. The middle section downhill is tricky.

The 2nd right turn uphill is proving to be my nemesis. Finding it hard to get a good line through. Also the yellow kerb in the middle of the turn is violent! It throws the car if the wheel goes over. Sheesh!

Last edited:
Deltawing, eh?

About as bad as the F40 in my opinion, except you get to have massive rear downforce to keep it planted. But put it too high and top speed kills your lap.

Going to be interesting to see how low you can go on downforce 'til this thing is undriveable.

My rear downforce is about 700-800 :-) Have enormous topspeed, but also good in the corners. 1.21,xxx atm :lol:. Some kind of the 700pp seasonal is coming back 👍.

Here is my tune for a easy to drive DW. I use DS3 so it should be fairly easy for other people.

Damn this challenge is hard! I don't consider myself very good by this board's standards, but I usually gold the challenges on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd lap. Even starting with your tune it took 8 laps, and my time still sucks! I tried the stock settings after getting gold, and wow, your tune rox, than you very much sir!

Damn this challenge is hard! I don't consider myself very good by this board's standards, but I usually gold the challenges on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd lap. Even starting with your tune it took 8 laps, and my time still sucks! I tried the stock settings after getting gold, and wow, your tune rox, than you very much sir!
Thanks, It was one of my earlier tunes but it is still viable. Infact, it feels better now than when I actually tuned it. Something about PD is that they usually make bad cars better if they don't work quite right. Glad it helped you get gold.

I'm down to 1'19.607 using @shaunm80 tune. Mostly anyway. Using his suspension settings but when I added ballast and power it didn't work for me as I couldn't get it stopped or turned in. I'm still using his suspension/brakes/LSD settings but stock power and weight. It was 680-something PP to start with so I oiled it and used the limiter to get it back down to 690PP. It's an odd drive as it sticks when you think it can't possibly take the corner at that speed, but when it lets go, it goes...

I'm down to 1'19.607 using @shaunm80 tune. Mostly anyway. Using his suspension settings but when I added ballast and power it didn't work for me as I couldn't get it stopped or turned in. I'm still using his suspension/brakes/LSD settings but stock power and weight. It was 680-something PP to start with so I oiled it and used the limiter to get it back down to 690PP. It's an odd drive as it sticks when you think it can't possibly take the corner at that speed, but when it lets go, it goes...
That is a great time you set. Glad my tune proved a good solid base for you. I know what you mean about the grip available, the car does take some getting use to but you seem to have found a way to tame it.

That is a great time you set. Glad my tune proved a good solid base for you. I know what you mean about the grip available, the car does take some getting use to but you seem to have found a way to tame it.
Thanks. I don't quite know what's going on. I'm nearly 3 seconds faster than anyone on my friends list and I feel like I must be cheating somehow. I think it's like how Vettel knew how to drive with a blown floor, and I seem to know how to drive this but I'm not quite sure how I'm doing it.

I'm normally happy to get into the 1-thousand and something positions in these seasonals, but I was 68th last time I checked. That is unheard of for me.

Last edited:
All the way down then work my way up til it works, if it ever does.

Edit: Scratch that!

Wow, stupid car. DS3 guys, if you need a quick win, try this.

5.57/12.19
10/1
10/1
1/1
0/0
0/0

180 mph (290)

12/12/25

1500 wing

Got me into the 22s

:dunce:👍

Picked up 5 seconds with this tune. I've never used such lopsided suspension settings before but it works. :cheers:

It's interesting that so many people think this car is 'stupid' and that bad. I think it's brilliant! It's a proper LMP racer with tons of grip... no problem with it after a bit of tuning (mainly weight dist) and golded @1:24xx after 2 laps. Will definetly try a better time in the weekend, i really enjoyed it.

I actually had more problems with the 600pp seasonal. SH tires for 600-700HP cars feels weird for me.

Back