690PP DeltaWing Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

TT#34 - 690PP DeltaWing Super Lap @ Red Bull Ring.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
690PP DeltaWing Super Lap @ Red Bull Ring.jpg

Tunes:

DeltaWing 2013 DeltaWing by coryclifford

DeltaWing 2013 DeltaWing by shaunm80

DeltaWing 2013 DeltaWing by CSLACR

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Deltawing, eh?

About as bad as the F40 in my opinion, except you get to have massive rear downforce to keep it planted. But put it too high and top speed kills your lap.

Going to be interesting to see how low you can go on downforce 'til this thing is undriveable.

All the way down then work my way up til it works, if it ever does.

Edit: Scratch that!

Wow, stupid car. DS3 guys, if you need a quick win, try this.

5.57/12.19
10/1
10/1
1/1
0/0
0/0

186 (299 km?)

12/12/25

1500 wing

:dunce:👍

Thanks for that. I have never driven this car before and tried this tune on my first run. Ran a 1:23.126 my first lap. I think there is a lot better time to be had with this tune. It seems to like to handle fastest under full throttle to keep rear end planted

Yeah same here, new to this turd. Stock set up and I was outta control. Had to dumb it way down.

I changed the trans to 180 and picked up a tiny bit out of the corners. Float the throttle a little more and and it still holds grip, so time to start pushing it.

Squeaked out a Gold... Using Sports Soft tires on the front and Racing Hard on the rear. For me, its much easier to drive using that combination.

DeltaWing Super Lap.jpg

Last edited:
Basic self tune and a very early top 10 at 1:20.3xx. This car has some brutal lift off oversteer in the tune I'm using and there should be quite a bit of time left. Nice to be running something a little different though. Should be a decent tune up for GT Academy.

All the way down then work my way up til it works, if it ever does.

Edit: Scratch that!

Wow, stupid car. DS3 guys, if you need a quick win, try this.

5.57/12.19
10/1
10/1
1/1
0/0
0/0

180 mph (290)

12/12/25

1500 wing

Got me into the 22s

:dunce:👍
thanks dude for the tune i'm 10th at the moment :cheers:

Yes! Finally PD is adding some spice and using the massive car list at their disposal... Can't wait to spend a few hours tuning and driving it.

I made a few hundred miles on it and I recall it as a really different car, so tuning it to go fast would be a hard task.

I'm with you about PD finally adding some spice and using the massive car list at their disposal. But why Red Bull Ring again?! :ouch: So many tracks left unused...

After driving this darn car, I played the other TT at Deep Forest.

I could hardly drive the RS200 as it now felt too light due to easier steering, easy to turn, easy to outbrake & not able to control the sliding.

The Deltawing felt as if there was no power steering & it really made me feel as a lousy driver when playing the other TT. Had got so unwillingly used to the ill-handling of this car!

1:24.4 using a stock setup. It's a awful car though. looks crazy and handle just a bad, sold it as soon as i was done. now worth the Cr. 2,000,000.

2v3hhdz.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job Growling! I've been on your tail the last few events, so it's good to see the tune actually kinda works for getting a good time. I did it last night just get me a Gold and set a time for the friends.

I will add that I've found a lower power to weight ratio by adding the big turbo and adding 113kg (at -38) of ballast. Puts me at 1.34kg/hp. I was at 687pp and 1.42kg/hp before. Something to consider.

Edit: though now the car pushes like crazy... gonna move the weight around...

Edit again: now it just feels sluggish with weight...

Last edited:
Nice job Growling! I've been on your tail the last few events, so it's good to see the tune actually kinda works for getting a good time. I did it last night just get me a Gold and set a time for the friends.

I will add that I've found a lower power to weight ratio by adding the big turbo and adding 113kg (at -38) of ballast. Puts me at 1.34kg/hp. I was at 687pp and 1.42kg/hp before. Something to consider.

Thanks for the tips with weight mate. I'll be on a TRL tune from now on though 👍

I fell in love with Deltawing's potential, then my heart was broken because unfortunately it is a turd.
"It's something different" does not mean "it's something good."

Back