690PP DeltaWing Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 101 comments
The best I could do with fiddling around with the stock car was silver. Set it up with shaunm80s tune and spent 5 laps sliding off all over the place!

After getting sorted with the rotten brakes and the delicate cornering (gotta be very careful with the throttle in corners *keep it steady*) and now being able to effectively use all 5 gears in the lap I started reeling off gold laps. So thanks Shaun.

Is this what the advantage of flipping the transmission is? ie the 'box becomes a close-ratio gearbox :)

The best I could do with fiddling around with the stock car was silver. Set it up with shaunm80s tune and spent 5 laps sliding off all over the place!

After getting sorted with the rotten brakes and the delicate cornering (gotta be very careful with the throttle in corners *keep it steady*) and now being able to effectively use all 5 gears in the lap I started reeling off gold laps. So thanks Shaun.

Is this what the advantage of flipping the transmission is? ie the 'box becomes a close-ratio gearbox :)
In essence of flipping the transmission is mostly about the gear ratio boundaries (numbers an the ends of the sliders) vs the actual ratios produced. The aim is to produce a gearbox with the needed operation space to get a setup that is most efficient for the track & power conditions. The upper bounds are closer to the lower bounds of the next gear when a normal flip is done. There are alternative methods to flipping that spreads out the bounds and/or allows for very tall lower gears when there is a spinning tires issue @ launch.

at least that is how I see it. YMMV!

Thanks for the tune shaunm80! And thanks for the driving tips. Thanks also to fordskydog. Got me Gold and an odd metallic. Now I just have to find another 9 Seconds! :cheers:

Been thinking about getting a Deltawing, this just gave me the nudge to try it.

Last edited:
I've got 1:17 and like everybody else is saying "Don't cut the 2nd corner or This Could Happen To You!!!"
pointing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Red Bull Ring 1.jpg

Laughing Smiley 1.gif
Head Slap Smiley.gif

animated-smileys-drinking-187.gif
Peace Sign.gif

Last edited:
Stupid car is stupid. Thats all I have to say about this entire challenge.

However, for some reason I found the 2'nd right turn to be the only corner I could tackle with consistency, even faster than wolf in fact , despite the fact that its the corner where everybody else seems to be messing up.
The rest of the lap though...🤬:banghead:

This is my late post. I gave @CSLACR's tune a try and was loving how I could go right past everyone in my friend's list on the straights, but I was falling a little behind through the corners. The big problem was trying to maneuver the three consecutive sweeping corners in the second part of the track due to severe understeer. Neither suspension, drivetrain or weight distribution adjustments had any effect at all. Switching to a stock setup had me immediately going sideways so I had to find out what was going on.

This car's parameters seems to be setup differently than all other cars in the game since merely adding weight (regardless if said weight is at the front or back) will prevent the car from turning. The difference is quite noticeable.

Last edited:
This is my late post. I gave @CSLACR's tune a try and was loving how I could go right past everyone in my friend's list on the straights, but I was falling a little behind through the corners. The big problem was trying to maneuver the three consecutive sweeping corners in the second part of the track due to severe understeer. Neither suspension, drivetrain or weight distribution adjustments had any effect at all. Switching to a stock setup had me immediately going sideways so I had to find out what was going on.

This car's parameters seems to be setup differently than all other cars in the game since merely adding weight (regardless if said weight is at the front or back) will prevent the car from turning. The difference is quite noticeable.

If suspension, drivetrain, and weight have no effect on the cars handling, what does?
And how does switching back to stock cause oversteer, if these changes don't have an effect?

I do have a second version of the car I might put up soon, I changed weight balance, suspension settings, and it definitely had an effect. :)

If suspension, drivetrain, and weight have no effect on the cars handling, what does?
And how does switching back to stock cause oversteer, if these changes don't have an effect?

I do have a second version of the car I might put up soon, I changed weight balance, suspension settings, and it definitely had an effect. :)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing your tune, in fact I thank you for sharing it. I meant that normally from what I have seen, adding weight towards the rear of a car (specially if it's RR) will induce oversteer, but that does not happen with the DeltaWing. Moving the weight to the front or back had no effect, reducing or increasing it did.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing your tune, in fact I thank you for sharing it. I meant that normally from what I have seen, adding weight towards the rear of a car (specially if it's RR) will induce oversteer, but that does not happen with the DeltaWing. Moving the weight to the front or back had no effect, reducing or increasing it did.
I'm not sure, I'm certainly curious enough to go back to the car and try it out. :)

Back