7/4/12 - A-Spec: Expert Level Ferrari Formula Challenge

Update at Eifel with video at 735pp. This was a fairly conservative run with the AI, nothing real special here, its really just a matter of being really familiar with the track. Most laps were 1'08's until I got past the AI at the beginning of lap 9.

This run gave $4.578 million 660k exp points
Latest setup (439hp, 745kg, 735pp):
power limiter 69.6% (car now has ~7.4k miles and never had an oil change)
200kg ballast @ 12
wings 82/113
spr 17.6 15.1
damp Ext 4/5
damp compr 3/4
bars 3/2

camber 1.6/0.8
toe -.1/.1
lsd 7/25/9
brakes 8/5

I recommend running with the driving line on for this because it tells you exactly where the AI will go when you come up on them :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzRKNLYZnxQ

Thanks for the video. I'll study it and try to learn how to take turns and I might be successful with that event.

660k XP is AMAZING! :)

I agree and can confirm what FormulaKimball said. I too did it at 747pp and got his numbers. Very fun event!!!

Weird, 737pp you say? I did it with the F2007 at 747pp, and my reward was 4,526,094. 443hp, 745kg, aero 105/138. Wonder why there seem to be some payout discrepancies with these events?:crazy:

There must be something else coming into play here then. Kind of strange because even the AI are always the same so it must be something else. :confused: Good find though, maybe we can figure it out.

You guys got those numbers on Eifel right?

You guys got those numbers on Eifel right?

Haha I wondered if that was the confusion - Nurburgring 24h, not Eifel. They look a bit similar in the screen cap I guess :dopey:

747pp was a bit of a strain to race clean and get the win... but I noticed on Eifel the AI were ridiculously slow in places, will have to try that next, so thanks for posting your results!

Great seasonal. Had some trouble in the nurb but pretty logic considering track/car combination. Much, much easier at Indy and Eifel. Rome was just right for my setup, and Tokyo reverse is not my cup of tea. Like it a lot more the other direction.
I remember how much I wished I could drive a F-1 car in Gt, let alone a Cavallino rampante!!! Dream come true for me.

I'd say it's pretty much a 'Dream come true' for me too, roamer2629.

Indeed, been able to grind 450k XP per race is a pretty good experience, considering I'm one trophy away from the Platinum trophy and that trophy is to get to A-Spec Lv. 40!

DCSemi

Indeed, been able to grind 450k XP per race is a pretty good experience, considering I'm one trophy away from the Platinum trophy and that trophy is to get to A-Spec Lv. 40!

Good luck on your platinum! Congrats on getting this far

Good luck on your platinum! Congrats on getting this far

Thanks a lot! It's been a hell of a ride! It's almost a 2 years work! Of course I don't play Gran Turismo 5 daily but still...

DCSemi
Thanks a lot! It's been a hell of a ride! It's almost a 2 years work! Of course I don't play Gran Turismo 5 daily but still...

I've only had the game 3 months and I have 98%. lvl 40 both a and b spec

I've only had the game 3 months and I have 98%. lvl 40 both a and b spec

Yeah well, I work 40hrs per week, I have a wife and all that stuff.

When I was 16 years old I used to play videogames a LOT, but now, 12 years later, video games aren't a priority! :)

It's a decent challenge for "formula challenged people"... like me :)
I has struggled with my DS3 all the sunday, I assume that will be easy for experimented racers because I did it almost seamless in all the tracks.

Thanks for the 737PP video. 👍

I have also since purchased my own F1, but thanks to all those who offered to let me borrow theirs. :cheers:

Hope this is enjoyable, here's the setup in case anyone is curious...

443hp 745kg 747pp
Driver aids off, ABS off
Aero 105/138
Trans 205mph 2nd 3.555 3rd 2.638 4th 2.032 5th 1.626 6th 1.340 7th 1.138
LSD 5 26 5
Springs 20.0
Dampers Ext 10 Comp 8
Anti-Roll 6/7
Camber 2.0/1.0
Toe 0.0/0.20
Brakes 3/1

200% online bonus... plus performance difference adjustment...
4,526,094 credits :)

Here is my 780pp tune for the F10 '10!

SUSPENSION:
Ride Height- 0/0
Spring Rate- 18.1/16.2
Extension- 7/9
Compression- 8/10
Anti Roll Bar- 3/6
Camber- 2.6/1.6
Toe- -0.15/0.30

LSD:
Torque- 5
Acceleration- 5
Braking- 14

AERODYNAMICS:
Front- 150
Rear- 200

BRAKE BALANCE:
Front- 10
Rear- 10

WEIGHT ADJUSTMENT:
Amount- 200
Position- -12

POWER LIMITER:
Level- 74.1% (can be adjusted up or down for different pp levels. at 100% you will be at 820pp, and the setup still works great)

TRANSMISSION:
Set Top Speed- 217mph/350kph
Set Final Gear- 5.620
1- 4.580
2- 3.374
3- 2.553
4- 2.035
5- 1.666
6- 1.405
7- 1.211

NOTE:
This car works at BOTH nurburgring and eifel. I am not much of a driver, only a tuner, so I am sure that someone else can drop the power limiter and give this car a run at 750pp maybe lower. Thanks 👍

Hoooly crap - Nurb 24h, 745pp, 4,584,493 cr. and 737245 exp. At this point it's all about managing the AI and drafting every chance you get (but no dirty overtakes necessary). Also throwing the car around more, not normally my style... My hands are actually shaking. Still running no ABS, 440hp, 745kg, 102/134 aero. Whew, not sure how much more of this I can take ;)

Hoooly crap - Nurb 24h, 745pp, 4,584,493 cr. and 737245 exp. At this point it's all about managing the AI and drafting every chance you get (but no dirty overtakes necessary). Also throwing the car around more, not normally my style... My hands are actually shaking. Still running no ABS, 440hp, 745kg, 102/134 aero. Whew, not sure how much more of this I can take ;)

I know what you mean. Some of these ultra-low PP setups are too much stress for grinding. :lol:

I'm running 760PP, fully stock F2007 at Eifel and having no trouble. It seems 1:08's are required to win. Just ran a 1:11.111, though :cool:.

Bye Ya
I know what you mean. Some of these ultra-low PP setups are too much stress for grinding. :lol:

Agreed. I can win nurb at 780pp, but I'm usually running 810-820pp

Reached my limit without needing constant drafting help from the AI. I got down to 750PP and won on a final straightaway pass, so I think I'll bump it back up to 755 for grinding purposes ;).

Was trying the F10 at Nurburgring, found it bit too twitchy. Just used the F2007, alot more stable around the corners. Now going to try the Eifel track.

You're right! That's why I race on Indy Road Course @770pp.

It grants 497k XP per race which is real nice for me. I need roughly 3,000,000 XP so, I'll be Lvl. 40 (and Platinum) pretty soon :) 👍

My F10 spins out on corner exits on Tokyo alot. Did the first 2 races fine but this one is giving me a hard time. Anybody know how I can help this?

My F10 spins out on corner exits on Tokyo alot. Did the first 2 races fine but this one is giving me a hard time. Anybody know how I can help this?

While watching replays, are your front or rear tires hitting the grip limit all at once or is one(front/rear) losing traction before the other? Is the car pushing or pulling? What is your throttle at when this happens? What are your settings and tune for your F10?

I don't necessary have the answers but I know the questions.

*F10 tune*

Just tried this tune out, and it was FANTASTIC. Took 1st halfway through 4th lap and won by 10 seconds. Great job to you on this tune.

While watching replays, are your front or rear tires hitting the grip limit all at once or is one(front/rear) losing traction before the other? Is the car pushing or pulling? What is your throttle at when this happens? What are your settings and tune for your F10?

Rear always went first. Pushing or pulling, I'm not sure. It was leaving corners at 0-10% throttle. It was the stock tune. Shoe's tune fixed everything though.

Hey santos, thanks for using the tune. Glad I could help 👍

Most people think the f2007 is better, which it is stock. But after tuning, the f10 becomes less twitchy and can take a corner at ridiculously fast paces. At 810pp (my normal grinding pp) I usually run 655 then 650 on the ring and win with little trouble. F10 is one of my favorite cars in the game. 4000miles :)

Last edited:
Hey santos, thanks for using the tune. Glad I could help 👍

Most people think the f2007 is better, which it is stock. But after tuning, the f10 becomes less twitchy and can take a corner at ridiculously fast paces. At 810pp (my normal grinding pp) I usually run 655 then 650 on the ring and win with little trouble. F10 is one of my favorite cars in the game. 4000miles :)

Agreed, I love this car. Just wish we are able to use it more. :ouch:

Hey everyone. I just finished running Eifel with my Ferrari 2007 at 732pp. Total time was 11.27.100 and was ahead by +05.117. Total payout was $4,660,337 with PDA being $3,810,337 at 200%. The expirience was 672,185 with the PDA being 549,585. If you guys want to tune I'll post it later when I have the iPad. Hurts typing this with my phone.

Got to level 40 some weeks ago. Nice feeling even if now it seems I'm only after the full garage or the seasonals. But I like this game so much I can just go the nurb at night with some premium car, get cockpit view and drive until my hands hurt...

Back