700PP Racing car Super Lap: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 384 comments
I tried the C60, but shut it down once I was already 2 seconds behind my ghost after the back straights.

Its proven capable of gold, but there's a reason it's not in the top spots.

After trying this tune I concluded that it was very unstable in the rear ,which some very fast tunes are .But then when I could not get your ballast position and amount to match up with 1036 HP to make 700pp (I needed 60kg at +31 to use 1036 HP) I suspected something might be incorrect .Because you do not mention the actual power I just assumed you use 1036. So I thought could you have made a typo on your ballast position ,so I try +3 on the ballast position, and DING now i can have 54 kg and 1036 HP at 3+ position ,and for me at least, the car feels amazing and is much faster. Curious to see what others think of this theory.
I found the same thing, I tried it at 3 and it is much better. 3.9.4 yesterday 3.9.3 today. could be here for a long time yet lol.

3:06.689! I broke the .06 barrier finally, which puts me at #151, but more importantly, fastest in my country, and second fastest in Scandinavia, as far as I can tell.

I put active steering to strong, and even though it's a little bit slower, I get more consistent laptimes and fewer reds. Traction control at 0 is faster, but setting it to 1 made life a lot easier. I guess if you're a purist, you'd want everything off, but I just want to go faster!

My delta time is around 0.7 seconds faster than now, which would put me in the 3:05 range. Does anyone have any experience with active steering set to "mild"? I cant tell the difference from "off" and "mild".

3:06.689! I broke the .06 barrier finally, which puts me at #151, but more importantly, fastest in my country, and second fastest in Scandinavia, as far as I can tell.

I put active steering to strong, and even though it's a little bit slower, I get more consistent laptimes and fewer reds. Traction control at 0 is faster, but setting it to 1 made life a lot easier. I guess if you're a purist, you'd want everything off, but I just want to go faster!

My delta time is around 0.7 seconds faster than now, which would put me in the 3:05 range. Does anyone have any experience with active steering set to "mild"? I cant tell the difference from "off" and "mild".
I tried it on mild, couldn't even get to the start line. It was like stirring spaghetti. Am now down to 3.8.8., brick by brick I build a house.

Done with it,can't get gold,i'm happy with silver.
3'18"556
There's something more to gain,maybe a 3'16"-3'17" time but i don't wanna take to much risks,otherwise it would be red.
Done it with the Pescarolo,i had to many braking issues with the 2J.

MSZ
Luck was on my side wasn't it?

I had probably over 100 red laps because of the chicanes.

I understand that people try to cheat and take short cuts but it seems to be overly touchy and I'm getting really tired of the ai cars hitting me in the other races and I'm the one getting penalized for it as well as they never seem to get penalties for it.

3'18"556
There's something more to gain,maybe a 3'16"-3'17" time but i don't wanna take to much risks,otherwise it would be red.
Grab the Evo 905, go back a few days on this forum to uptoplog's tune but put the ballast at +3, then I'm sure you'll be happier.

^ This. Set your traction control to 1 and active steering to strong if you're struggling with stability. Thing will drive like it's on rails.

3'18"556

Give my tune for the Pescarolo a try. I managed a 3:14.5 without adding any power upgrades, and I'm not especially fast, so popping on a turbo and restricting it back ought to make the gold fairly easily. That tune was aimed at making the car stable and predictable, so you should be able to really attack the braking zones and leave a bit more margin in the twisty stuff.

Here is the setup I used for my 3.03.771. Thanks to beau 231 and mateus paulo for their input, with a few tweaks of my own.

Power 98.6%
Bhp: 1021
Weight: 804kg's
Ballast: 54kgs @ +31%

Suspension:

65/65
12.25/13.81
4/4
4/4
6/7
0.00/0.00
0.30/0.13

Brakes 6/8

Transmission:

Final to 5000
Top Speed 240kph

1. 5941
2. 4335
3. 3499
4. 2870
5. 2378
6. 2023

Final Gear 2050

Drivetrain:

Downforce: 600/840

Works for me, so hope it helps if you want to try it.

I had the same problem, which you have now solved, with the rear end all over the place in the porsche curves.interesting. Might throw in another lap or two, only done 6,000klm in the evo so far, may as well throw in a ''few'' to see how that handles. Thanks for that.
No worries mate, to me making your own tune is better, because then you can make it to suit yourself because i've never liked the GSX and some of the tunes for that car don't suit me but i always edit them to suit myself because the car has to much oversteer for my liking.
You're fantastic with the 2J, but if I have my wheel and I'm used to it Be afraid. Be very afraid.:P, I can make a 3:05 with AT gears and my pad.

No serious :gtpflag:... Can you testing what time you made with a controller and AT gears with the 2J? Maybe a 3:05? I use traction off in this one. AS on. I wonder what time you make.

Take it easy :lol: I get NEVER close to the top 1000 you say, i tell you: I'm in the top 250. Why so Mad???

And you can not read well, I say: Am I the only one who drives better with the 2J THAN a other car. I get my fastest times with the 2J here, I'm not saying I'm the fastest with it.....
I did a 3:04.950 with controller with manuel gears and no active steering, I don't like active steering or automatic, but i had to change setup for controller as I used oil change with controller as I could get away with more oversteer with the controller

And that's that. I don't want to see Sarthe again nor an Evo for a long time.

3.03.771 - PO 36. For the oldies.

Great time UpTopLog :cheers:, I too am a long way the wrong side of 50, my time is 3.03.068.
So another one for the oldies.

Last edited:
Just for fun I did about 4 laps in my SRT4 Tomahawk. Best of 2.48.7xx. 286 mph in the straights. After tuning it for easier driving it was actually fun on this track. It can brake WAY later then the 905 too.

:) Off the seasonals from the garage of course.

Last edited:
No worries mate, to me making your own tune is better, because then you can make it to suit yourself because i've never liked the GSX and some of the tunes for that car don't suit me but i always edit them to suit myself because the car has to much oversteer for my liking.

I did a 3:04.950 with controller with manuel gears and no active steering, I don't like active steering or automatic, but i had to change setup for controller as I used oil change with controller as I could get away with more oversteer with the controller
Good old Maitland. We spent time there on our way to Bathurst in the late 60s and early 70s, cold but we still had our share of colder beer.

Good old Maitland. We spent time there on our way to Bathurst in the late 60s and early 70s, cold but we still had our share of colder beer.
Ahahahaha, it's changed a lot from back then they done up there shopping centres and everything finally start to long new :)

I think I drive 10 red 3:05 laps today and a couple 04 laps. Before Thursday I have a 3:04/05 lap.

Edit: I loan a wheel from a friend, But I'm not getting close to a controller time, I think i need a year to learn to drive with it. In corners you can make sharper turns but on the normal corners i loose too much with it. It is a logitech g27 wheel. I can take him free. But before I'm good with it ...... Respect for fast wheel drivers :bowdown::bowdown:

With much training it can be faster.

Last edited:
Here is the setup I used for my 3.03.771. Thanks to beau 231 and mateus paulo for their input, with a few tweaks of my own.

Power 98.6%
Bhp: 1021
Weight: 804kg's
Ballast: 54kgs @ +31%

Suspension:

65/65
12.25/13.81
4/4
4/4
6/7
0.00/0.00
0.30/0.13

Brakes 6/8

Transmission:

Final to 5000
Top Speed 240kph

1. 5941
2. 4335
3. 3499
4. 2870
5. 2378
6. 2023

Final Gear 2050

Drivetrain:

Downforce: 600/840

Works for me, so hope it helps if you want to try it.

Sorry, I'm confused :confused: since when I set up the gearbox as you say, I cannot even come close to your values for the gears.
The values I get are:
Initial Final: 5,000
Top Speed 240 km/h
1st: 4,158 to 5,603
2nd: 2,984 to 3,878
3rd: 2,269 to 2,818
4th:1,805 to 2,161
5th: 1,502 to 1,734
6th: 1,109 to 1,456

What do I do wrong here? All the other settings are the same, except that I have High RPM Turbo (which you didn't mention) and I have changed oil and improved rigidity. And Power Limiter is @ 100%. May that be the problem? :confused:

Sorry, I'm confused :confused: since when I set up the gearbox as you say, I cannot even come close to your values for the gears.
The values I get are:
Initial Final: 5,000
Top Speed 240 km/h
1st: 4,158 to 5,603
2nd: 2,984 to 3,878
3rd: 2,269 to 2,818
4th:1,805 to 2,161
5th: 1,502 to 1,734
6th: 1,109 to 1,456

What do I do wrong here? All the other settings are the same, except that I have High RPM Turbo (which you didn't mention) and I have changed oil and improved rigidity. And Power Limiter is @ 100%. May that be the problem? :confused:

My apologies. Initial Final should be default, top speed 240kph.

I think I drive 10 red 3:05 laps today and a couple 04 laps. Before Thursday I have a 3:04/05 lap.

Edit: I loan a wheel from a friend, But I'm not getting close to a controller time, I think i need a year to learn to drive with it. In corners you can make sharper turns but on the normal corners i loose too much with it. It is a logitech g27 wheel. I can take him free. But before I'm good with it ...... Respect for fast wheel drivers :bowdown::bowdown:

With much training it can be faster.

K try 180 angle,it work:tup:

??? what does that do? Don't know what youre mean :) And where do you change that?

Sorry there is no 180..i use g27 many years/30tkm i like it.Trustmaster have more angle options..
With Gsxr i always use full angle.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Every couple of days I log in to check for new seasonals, or QM's, but to no avail. So I went back in and to my dismay I was out of the top 750.
So another hour and I got a 3.09.7xx lap.

So many red laps that were faster, but rather than restarting them I kept finishing them to stay in a rhythm of some sort. I had a faster one going right after, but bit off too much curb after making my way back into the infield, went red and that's enough for tonight.

I tried the QM on this track, it was brutal. Out of 12-15 drivers average and a half dozen races, I think 6 didn't cut off the end of the track and cheat. lol

Every couple of days I log in to check for new seasonals, or QM's, but to no avail. So I went back in and to my dismay I was out of the top 750.
So another hour and I got a 3.09.7xx lap.

So many red laps that were faster, but rather than restarting them I kept finishing them to stay in a rhythm of some sort. I had a faster one going right after, but bit off too much curb after making my way back into the infield, went red and that's enough for tonight.

I tried the QM on this track, it was brutal. Out of 12-15 drivers average and a half dozen races, I think 6 didn't cut off the end of the track and cheat. lol
New seasonals are every other Thursday. They have been since August last year. Now, I'm not sure when Quick Matches are updated, but I would assume new races would come with the seasonal updates.

Back