700PP Racing car Super Lap: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 384 comments
I haven't tried this yet, been busy. I wanted to use the LM55, but suppose I'll start with the Pescarolo C60 Judd. What's everyone getting for a top speed with it?

Nice! What gears do you use? Are you using the 2J? I cant get faster as 350 km/h :(

Edit: I see there is a other car for a top time. the evo.

Now its waiting what or house alien going to set with this rocket. Can beau231 beat The Wolff???
Nice TT's!:gtpflag:
Well the 2J is no challenge to these LMP cars surprisingly, i can make 3:03s easily with the 2J but I'll gotta give a try in same car as wolf, but still theres no chance me matching him lol

I make a 3:15.500. I can easy make a 3:10 if i know how you get faster then 350 km/h.

Anyone have good gear settings for a 2J????

Anyway, I see the wolf is back from his home planet....:bowdown:

I tried Team Shmo's tune and got up to 250 mph (400 km/h) by the end of the straights. Low-end acceleration suffers though. The transmission settings are:

Top speed 211 mph (340 kmph)
1st 1.264
2nd 0.900
3rd 0.708
Final 3.175

I have a question. I cant get faster as 350 km/h. Some tips to get faster on the long straight would be welcome:tup:

Not knowing what car you drive, but it's true for all cars and setups:
to get higher top-speed, in the gearbox settings just pull the "Final Gear"-slider to the left as much as you need and you'll be faster (or get higher top-speed, to be precise).

Asking for a 2J SetUp, here are some from the good old Praiano times:

2J-15.png

2J-329.png

2J-389.png

@praiano63 tune for Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92 with some adjustments. Same as I ran at the Eiffel custom track 700pp Seasonal Event some time ago. Got the fastest time that who didn't use the 2X.

Achieved gold here within 10 laps, 3:14.9 I think. Most laps before that one were red. I was using Racing Hard tyres. :lol: Didn't realise Racing Soft were allowed until I checked the fastest time at that point. :rolleyes:

Ran again and after less than 10 laps was down to 3:10.563 which is currently 126th. But the event has only been up for 1 day. That time might stay in top 1,000 but more likely towards the 2,000 mark.

At least there is some natural light. And no flickery shadows. Ask what tune @coryclifford is using, smashing time 4 seconds faster than me!

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, to get gold you have to beat the actual circuit all time lap record by 2.475 seconds? Right, here's me thinking GT is a driving SIMULATOR. I call ********.

Wrong, it would be even more (2,647 seconds):

In 1971, the La Sarthe circuit was slightly shorter than it is now, it had less than half the amount of corners, the Mulsanne straight was unbroken and the front running cars of the day reached higher top speeds than they do now.
Many thought, therefore, that the fastest lap in the 1971 Le Mans 24 Hours would remain the lap record forever.
Yet 44 years later (2015), thanks to the rapid progress in modern sportscar racing, it has been beaten, and by an unlikely car and driver combination.
In much the same way as he took a surprise win in the Race of Champions in 2010, Filipe Albuquerque was the unlikely driver who broke the lap record of 3:18.4 (set by Jackie Oliver in a Porsche 917LH).
With an astonishing time of 3:17.647 in the #9 Audi R18 e-tron quattro.
With the track conditions constantly improving and the ‘golden hour’ just before dawn still to come, that record could fall further still.
With teams and organisers already looking at ways to slow the cars down for next year, it could be another 44 years before the record is broken again.
Progress is a cruel mistress.

Hey guys. Really love these time trails. Drove for an hour with the Pescarolo C60 Judd.
I don't really have much experience setting up the car, so I drove with standard settings mostly.
Set gear ratios to max 370 km/h and downforce levels are at 480 and 790.

I did a 3.13.5 which I think is pretty decent :) It's really a nice car to drive. It's a bit tailhappy which is fun.
But also sometimes unstable during braking, especially at Mulsanne you can see me struggling.

I tried Team Shmo's tune and got up to 250 mph (400 km/h) by the end of the straights. Low-end acceleration suffers though. The transmission settings are:

Top speed 211 mph (340 kmph)
1st 1.264
2nd 0.900
3rd 0.708
Final 3.175
I try this and the praiano tunes but it not works here. Very strange. I cant get the good gears settings. Maybe i need to do a oil change . This is frustrating :P

Last edited:
Haven't done a Seasonal for months, but I've been getting back into GT6 and having fun with the Le Mans QM so I figured I'ld give this a run.

Went straight for the Pug Evo.
Squeezed just under a 3:06. :cool:

Rather chuffed with myself. :lol:

Hey guys. Really love these time trails. Drove for an hour with the Pescarolo C60 Judd.
I don't really have much experience setting up the car, so I drove with standard settings mostly.
Set gear ratios to max 370 km/h and downforce levels are at 480 and 790.

I did a 3.13.5 which I think is pretty decent :) It's really a nice car to drive. It's a bit tailhappy which is fun.
But also sometimes unstable during braking, especially at Mulsanne you can see me struggling.

The less wing you drive, the more you have to struggle, logically.
Especially front wing 480 is a bit optimistic perchance!
Here's my SetUp for the Pescarolo with which I'm currently standing at 3:11,866
Will tamper some settings maybe to scrub off a few...

Praiano%20-%20395.png

I make a 3:15.500. I can easy make a 3:10 if i know how you get faster then 350 km/h.

Anyone have good gear settings for a 2J????

Anyway, I see the wolf is back from his home planet....:bowdown:

Your time is 3:15,567 (world ranking #1510)
Oil Change only increases PP's, not Top Speed (assuming you are at 700 PP's already).
If you can't get over 350 km/h with the Pescarolo, the 2J may not be for you, because it's faster (yes) but a beast to handle (already on the straights and especially at braking).
Chances are, that you may be just a mediocre driver as I am? :confused:
But my Top Speed on the Hunadiere before the 1st chicane is 377 km/h, so that should be possible for everyone with this SetUp (if not, you can always ask your friend Max Verstappen who managed to destroy 3 cars in 1 race at Monaco :D):

Praiano%20-%20395.png

Not my cup of thea this one..... Must train a lot to know this track. Maybe in the last 2 weeks. I cant handle the 2J in the (fast) corners, A gold medal is no problem with 4 weeks to go, But this would be not a top 250 time. But i say this more and then im in the top 250..... My focus is on Willow now.

Not my cup of thea this one..... Must train a lot to know this track. Maybe in the last 2 weeks. I cant handle the 2J in the (fast) corners, A gold medal is no problem with 4 weeks to go, But this would be not a top 250 time. But i say this more and then im in the top 250..... My focus is on Willow now.
Too fast of a car it will make it slower on acceleration. You might want to adjust throttle sensitivity to the lowest value. Pescarolo Judd 05 is pointy and responsive while turning, which is not the case with the 905B Evo Bis. 2J has problems stopping from those high speeds and acceleration is poor. I've got a 3.08.xxx with Pescarolo, which is unstable on the braking in the Porsche section.
Higher speed doesn't necessary translates in much faster times if the car is all over the place - see Chaparral 2X.

Chances are, that you may be just a mediocre driver as I am? :confused:
You need to define "mediocre" because people have different standards and abilities. Not a thoughtful statement tough, because you may be blonde, short and innocent while he can be heavy, black and nasty. Better stick with the events.

your friend Max Verstappen who managed to destroy 3 cars in 1 race at Monaco :D
I doubt they are friends, but who knows? For the money he generates for Red Bull racing, the kid can destroy as many cars as he wants, don't you think? They got him, on Kvyat's expense, because Jos was threatening to go somewhere else, and the russian was only selling the brand in Russia, which is small market compared to the rest of the world. Max, the kid, got a victory and brought Red Bull back from the dead, alongside Daniel - his leading teammate. I'm not a Verstappen fan, but he is big raw talent considering the way he defends against other more experienced racing drivers he competes with. By the way, F1 teams like when drivers push the limits and sometimes damage the cars, because the team learns about the cars limits as well as the drivers skill. Otherwise they will drive safe at the end of the pack, wave to the public and blow kisses to the pretty girls.

Last edited:
I know..... I'm just not good at long tracks. At the nurb an Le Mans 600 pp is enough for me.I
must training with that high speed on that tracks. 4 weeks the time :gtpflag:

I know..... I'm just not good at long tracks. At the nurb an Le Mans 600 pp is enough for me.I
must training with that high speed on that tracks. 4 weeks the time :gtpflag:
You know what to do. Keep pushing and you'll find out you're much better than you think! Stay focused, consistent and try different setting on different cars. You know sometimes it helps to watch the top replays, and pay attention to the "small" details, like rotating the car under braking, late braking points, different racing lines, high gear ratios (will help with these cars because they will exit the turns much faster) or lifting instead of braking (downforce allows you to hold the car on the racing line on its limits).
I don't know if you noticed, but 3.00.9xx replay shows how the driver cuts thru the first turn of the Dunlop chicane. He actually puts the outside wheels on the inside kerbs, which it will disqualify your lap if executed the same way on other different sections of the track.

You know what to do. Keep pushing and you'll find out you're much better than you think! Stay focused, consistent and try different setting on different cars. You know sometimes it helps to watch the top replays, and pay attention to the "small" details, like rotating the car under braking, late braking points, different racing lines, high gear ratios (will help with these cars because they will exit the turns much faster) or lifting instead of braking (downforce allows you to hold the car on the racing line on its limits).
I don't know if you noticed, but 3.00.9xx replay shows how the driver cuts thru the first turn of the Dunlop chicane. He actually puts the outside wheels on the inside kerbs, which it will disqualify your lap if executed the same way on other different sections of the track.
I know, But i use a controller and AT gears..... A gold lap is no problem but with my controller i cant get a top time, With short tracks its no problem.

No problem for me.... I get that gold time for sure, But I know that is not gonna be a top time. So gold is enough for me.(I say this before and cracked in the top 250, so....:P)

I must pushed my ass of for a good time on a short track... Not gonna happen that i can make a top time on a long track. Maybe with GT7 when I have a wheel.

MRQ_Queen and wolf seem to be having a battle by themselves at the front, I'm hoping to join the battle with them so things can get interesting but haven't got there just yet, 3:02.124 for now.
I see 3:00s possible if i can get a perfect lap together
Hey beau would you mind sharing your 2j setup?

I gave this a try out and found it next to impossible to even drive in a straight line. Going down Mulsanne was downright scary skipping from bump to bump and sadly, I died going into the first braking zone. Scared the crap out of me and I turned the PS3 off with shaky fingers.:lol:

My reaction to this tune and car:

I appreciate you posting the tune for people to try, but for me, this tune is waaay above my pay grade. I take my hat off to you for managing to put a lap in with it though.

I gave this a try out and found it next to impossible to even drive in a straight line. Going down Mulsanne was downright scary skipping from bump to bump and sadly, I died going into the first braking zone. Scared the crap out of me and I turned the PS3 off with shaky fingers.:lol:

My reaction to this tune and car:

I appreciate you posting the tune for people to try, but for me, this tune is waaay above my pay grade. I take my hat off to you for managing to put a lap in with it though.

I used this setup and managed a 3.10.9 yesterday :) But I added some rear wing (775).
It's true that the car is very tricky to handle at certain spots.
At Mulsanne the key is to brake twice imo. I brake a bit before the kink and let the car just slide for a moment, and brake again hard when the car is back in a straight line. If you brake during the kink, you will almost always lose the rear...

I used this setup and managed a 3.10.9 yesterday :) But I added some rear wing (775).
It's true that the car is very tricky to handle at certain spots.
At Mulsanne the key is to brake twice imo. I brake a bit before the kink and let the car just slide for a moment, and brake again hard when the car is back in a straight line. If you brake during the kink, you will almost always lose the rear...

Don't get me wrong. I'm not slagging off the tune as I'm sure it's very good in the right hands. In the wrong hands, like mine, it's an insurance right off.:lol:

I tend to look for tunes that are a bit (a lot) safer and give my limited ability a margin to push. I got silver in Mr. P's Pug after a single sighting lap and it was a world apart. I had confidence in the tune after a couple of corners.

(I wish they didn't do these TT's with RS tires though. Seriously snatchy when you're pushing.)

Back