700PP Racing car Super Lap: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 384 comments
Would like to see some more suggested cars and tunes offered for this 700PP time trial other than the one.
Keeping fingers crossed. Haven't tried this time trial yet but from all indications it seems to be real pressure and time trials are not my cup of tea.

UPDATE: Scratch the above. Just tried it and this time trial is just too ridiculous, at least for me. One too many retries for lap nullifications. Don't have the patience.

Last edited:
My problem is braking after a fast long straight... If i Know where i must to be brake this is no problem to get gold.I never like this track, So i must learn it.

And why??? why??? why??? is it dark on the track?

Last edited:
Would like to see some more suggested cars and tunes offered for this 700PP time trial other than the one.
Keeping fingers crossed. Haven't tried this time trial yet but from all indications it seems to be real pressure and time trials are not my cup of tea.

I'm the same with TT's. More of a chore than enjoyable but the more I try and ignore them, the more they nag me to get them over and done with. If only you could draft your ghost lines. That would make it a bit more interesting.:lol:

The Pug 905 I linked to is nice and safe. Easily capable of getting gold and the daft laser powered Chappie should be more than capable. Mr. P's garage has big range of LMP tunes that fit the PP and tires as well.

I. Hate. This. Race. I'm one second off of silver after about 15 laps. W.T.F? Honestly. I must be missing something.

I was having the same feeling, the thing I was missing was that Racing Soft Tyres are permitted for this TT ! I was on RHs as usual for racing car seasonal events.

After that I found it a lot easier to get into the ballpark of gold.

A 25th anniversary tune:

Mazda 787B - 700PP - 978hp@9000rpm, 83.7kgfm@7000rpm
===================================
Tyres: RS
Suspension:
ride height: 74/74
spring: 15.30/14.15
damper comp: 5/4
damper ext: 6/5
arbs: 5/1
camber: 0.0/0.0
toe: -0.50/0.60
Brake Balance: 8/6
Gears:
1st 2.710
2nd 1.751
3rd 1.293
4th 1.000
5th 0.722
Final: 4.025
Diff: 10/40/20
Power Limiter: 99.1% [ whatever gives 700PP ]
Turbo Kit: High RPM
Downforce: 600/850 [max]
ABS: 1
TCS: 2

The problem with this car is keeping it planted under braking and in fast corners. The suspension settings are fairly heavily biased towards understeer for this reason, it's helpful to be able to lift off into a fast corner and turn in hard without spinning. Then I was losing the rear under braking, even if I didn't spin, weaving under braking extends the braking distance and I'd overrun the corner. So going from 8/8 to 8/6 brake balance was important to get a clean lap in.

Other than that, you need to learn the braking points. On the Mulsanne, it's just after the first blue-and-white board for the first chicane, just before the second one for the second chicane. Then brake just before the crest at the apex of the kink at the end of the straight, trying to keep the car straight under braking. On the run back, brake just before the second board for the fast right; then at the end of the lap, brake at the start of the pitlane entry.

Once you know where to brake, it's a matter of concentration and focus to get a clean lap, at least for me. Close the door and force yourself to feel you are in the car at Le Mans, not in your room at home.

Last edited:
I was having the same feeling, the thing I was missing was that Racing Soft Tyres are permitted for this TT ! I was on RHs as usual for racing car seasonal events.

After that I found it a lot easier to get into the ballpark of gold.

A 25th anniversary tune:

Mazda 787B - 700PP - 978hp@9000rpm, 83.7kgfm@7000rpm
Tyres: RS
Suspension:
ride height: 74/74
spring: 15.30/14.15
damper comp: 5/4
damper ext: 6/5
arbs: 5/1
camber: 0.0/0.0
toe: -0.50/0.60
Brake Balance: 8/6
Gears:
1st 2.710
2nd 1.751
3rd 1.293
4th 1.000
5th 0.722
Final: 4.025
Diff: 10/40/20
Power Limiter: 99.1% [ whatever gives 700PP ]
Turbo Kit: High RPM
Downforce: 600/850 [max]
ABS: 1
TCS: 2

The problem with this car is keeping it planted under braking and in fast corners. The suspension settings are fairly heavily biased towards understeer for this reason, it's helpful to be able to lift off into a fast corner and turn in hard without spinning. Then I was losing the rear under braking, even if I didn't spin, weaving under braking extends the braking distance and I'd overrun the corner. So going from 8/8 to 8/6 brake balance was important to get a clean lap in.

Other than that, you need to learn the braking points. On the Mulsanne, it's just after the first blue-and-white board for the first chicane, just before the second one for the second chicane. Then brake just before the crest at the apex of the kink at the end of the straight, trying to keep the car straight under braking. On the run back, brake just before the second board for the fast right; then at the end of the lap, brake at the start of the pitlane entry.

Once you know where to brake, it's a matter of concentration and focus to get a clean lap, at least for me. Close the door and force yourself to feel you are in the car at Le Mans, not in your room at home.

Thanks. Would give it a shot next.

Not my cup of thea this one..... Must train a lot to know this track. Maybe in the last 2 weeks. I cant handle the 2J in the (fast) corners, A gold medal is no problem with 4 weeks to go, But this would be not a top 250 time. But i say this more and then im in the top 250..... My focus is on Willow now.

If you can't remember and learn a short (and famous) track like this one within the hour, I wish you good luck for making it for the top 250 in the 2J, but I guess you would not make it to the top 1.000 and I bet a sixpack of your favourite :cheers: that you will NEVER get anywhere close to the top 250 (regardless of the car)!
But as I said: I wish you good luck, and talkative as you are, we will read of your progress anyway...:D

Looks like we have a BIG time cheater in the #1 spot now... My first car I used was the LM55 VGT, and in now way did it get up past 600kph.
This kind of BS needs to be stopped!!!

You have my full Support!
Watch the replay:
1.) Take a look at the Tachometer, Top Speed is 80 (EIGHTY) km/h
2.) Watch the throttle: he almost never touches it!
3.) He is hitting the handbrake every so often :confused: (the handbrake sign not lighting red though)!
4.) While hand-braking, he reaches top speed of 658 km/h... ha, ha, ha... very funny with the Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo :banghead:
5.) Look at the RPM's: he's on 1.500 RPM all the time!
6.) He's in 8th gear all the time!
7.) There is NO WAY to drive a 2:55,753 with the Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo (I don't think even the Wolf could do that, being the first to break the 3 minutes barrier, but in an honest way and driving the 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92).
8.) He doesn't even have a Turbo!

What a poor and obvious hack, any idiot can see that this is a cheat!

Yes there is a hacker by the username AndrewHogg_-16
He is bragging about his hacked lap on his PSN comment, what a loser.
I've tried to report him but it's not clear how to report hackers. If we could all report him that would be great.

If I knew how to report it, I'd do it, but then again... obvious as it is, I guess PD or SONY will detect it themselves (as they did previousely) and block him. If they don't, I couldn't care less, since this guy disqualifies himself by that stupidity.

Is there a new top car?
The number one make a 2:55.753 WTF hahaha.
With the Mazda vision GT

It's a cheaters hack, isn't that obvious?

And why??? why??? why??? is it dark on the track?

Because, because, because it is 5:40 a.m., that is what they call the "Golden Hour" in Le Mans, the hour before sunrise, since the fastest laps are mostly driven during this "Golden Hour"!
As of today, while the 24 Hours of Le Mans are still running, sunrise will be in 19 minutes (in GT6) at 5:59 MEDST tomorrow (Sunday) in real life.

Watch the replay:
3.) He is hitting the handbrake every so often :confused: (the handbrake sign not lighting red though)!
4.) While hand-braking, he reaches top speed of 658 km/h... ha, ha, ha... very funny with the Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo :banghead:
7.) There is NO WAY to drive a 2:55,753 with the Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo (I don't think even the Wolf could do that, being the first to break the 3 minutes barrier, but in an honest way and driving the 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92).

If I knew how to report it, I'd do it, but then again... obvious as it is, I guess PD or SONY will detect it themselves (as they did previousely) and block him. If they don't, I couldn't care less, since this guy disqualifies himself by that stupidity.

Because, because, because it is 5:40 a.m., that is what they call the "Golden Hour" in Le Mans, the hour before sunrise, since the fastest laps are mostly driven during this "Golden Hour"!
As of today, while the 24 Hours of Le Mans are still running, sunrise will be in 19 minutes (in GT6) at 5:59 MEDST tomorrow (Sunday) in real life.

How can someone cheat or hack a race or time trial though? I don't get it or see how it's possible.

How can someone cheat or hack a race or time trial though? I don't get it or see how it's possible.

I imagine they do what they do and then plug in a PP of 700.
Pure guess, could be wrong.

Just in-case PD have missed it, this car has been officially reported.

Now, the AUP of this website prevents us from sharing info about how he did it. -
  • You will not use the forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, pirated commercial multimedia files, “cracks”, or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer software or systems.
I can tell you he hacked the car using a glitch and he claims any car (one at the time) can be made to go as fast as 1000 mph - 1609,34 kph, so what we see in that replay is only acceleration to a mid point and then slowing down to turn, because the straights are not long enough for him to go max speed.

Good thing he got reported, but I don't think PD can do anything about it.

At least you completed a lap. To that I say bravo. Time not too bad either.

Finding a right car with a right tune for this event is difficult. My lap time is not too bad compare to the real world lap times(Toyota is leading in today's race as I speak), but my car in the game had a lot more horsepower, so my skill still needs to improve.

Now, the AUP of this website prevents us from sharing info about how he did it. -
  • You will not use the forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, pirated commercial multimedia files, “cracks”, or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer software or systems.
I can tell you he hacked the car using a glitch and he claims any car (one at the time) can be made to go as fast as 1000 mph - 1609,34 kph, so what we see in that replay is only acceleration to a mid point and then slowing down to turn, because the straights are not long enough for him to go max speed.

Good thing he got reported, but I don't think PD can do anything about it.
As I say, all I know is that the car must be 700PP or less. How that's done I've no clue.
The standard Mazda VGT has 717PP so would need to be de-tuned to enter the event.
Clearly this isn't the case here.

What can PD do?
Well with the game being hacked then I guess very little in that respect.
But what they certainly can do is remove the time from the leaderboard and impose a ban on the PSN Id.

I would expect both of those things will happen.

What can PD do?
Well with the game being hacked then I guess very little in that respect.
But what they certainly can do is remove the time from the leaderboard and impose a ban on the PSN Id.

I would expect both of those things will happen.

Both of this happened already once some months (or a year?) ago, and those two measures were exactly the ones taken by PD (or SONY), I don't know which.
The lap was removed from the time table and the PSN-ID was banned.

If any car can be hacked that way, there will be no correlation between its parameters anymore. You only need the 700PP limit to enter the event.

The most they can do is to block that IP, but is a very long shot, mostly wont happen.
It most certainly can happen, has happened before, and will most likely happen again in the future.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_8515094.html

Whether you personally choose to believe this to be the case, is your call.

Whether you personally choose to believe this to be the case, is your call.

I didn't say it didn't happen, but you have to understand how the statement under your link is purposely vague because only banning an "Online ID" is almost nothing. https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/g...and-details/information-about-your-online-id/

Sony will need at least to prevent PSN access from that certain location, because anybody can create a ton of different PSN id's on their Playstation systems, just to take part to online game events like this GT6 seasonal. And.... I'll stop here!

I didn't say it didn't happen, but you have to understand how the statement under your link is purposely vague because only banning an "Online ID" is almost nothing. https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/g...and-details/information-about-your-online-id/

Sony will need at least to prevent PSN access from that certain location, because anybody can create a ton of different PSN id's on their Playstation systems, just to take part to online game events like this GT6 seasonal. And.... I'll stop here!
No, but you did say it "is a very long shot, mostly wont happen"
I'm simply suggesting otherwise.

Everyone is free to determine for themselves whether a PSN-Id ban is deterrent enough.
I'm not here to try to convince you either way.

I improved my time after about 15 more laps, half of which were red 3:16's, so I'm close. Fastest good time was a 3:18.xxx...under my backup handle. Plenty of small mistakes, so. Gold is there once I feel the urge to spend another hour at it.

I also watched the hack replay. The guy can't drive to save his life and needs 400 mph to make up for his lack of ability behind the wheel. Watch how he blows every turn and knows nothing of an apex. Laughable and sad.

Wolfs replay on the other hand was awesome. Even with a few bobbles he runs a legit 2:59! 18 seconds ahead of the actual track record! LOL...Wow.

I've tried numerous different cars: '92 Peugeot, 908 HDI FAP '10, Toyota Minolta, Mazda Vision, ... They all have decent handling but they seem to lack pace... Does anybody know what tune the top drivers use for the '92 Evo Peugeot?

Improved my laptime with the Pescarolo a bit tho :) I did a 3.10.0, don't think I can do much faster anymore.

Has anyone seen the replay of first place on 700pp special events Track circuit de la Sarthe?? the Mazda LM55 is doing 580km down the back str8 lol!! is this "moding" or what?? and hes set the laptime with a control pad!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Watch the replay:

I agree he's "moding" cause he's done it witgh a control pad lol

Back