77th Le Mans 24 Hours

• Thread starter Clark
  • 839 comments
#3 Audi off... for the third time. What a coincidence... And no, I'm not any kind of "whore." I hate using that word or linking that to some term. Awesome race. Keep sodas and food on hand should your eyes and body say "I can't take no more!"

[UPDATE] Umbrellas and parasols are going up. Mother Nature may be ready to pounce like a fierce tiger!

Last edited:
For anyone in the UK and anywhere else ITV4 is available who hasn't already got a stream or does not have any video coverage at all, ITV4 is now showing le mans for an hour & 15 minutes:tup:

If this sustains, then Audi's decade of dominating Le Mans will see a blemish. The last non VW/Audi company to win Le Mans outright was BMW in 1999. There's still lots of time left. And always remember, it's never over until it's over. Remember 10 years ago? The Toyota GT-One could have won, but some late issues gave the win to BMW. So this isn't over by any means. I may stay here on this browser until about 5:00 AM CDT... then "pretend" to sleep in an effort to catch all of the conclusion of this race. When I do my post-Le Mans report, I'll talk about my winners and losers (and I'm sure you all will share your winners and losers from this race as well).

#1 Audi back on track, but many more laps down. I think the #1 Audi is now 6 laps down.

Clips are starting to make there way to Youtube

Aston vs Radical

#2 Audi R15 vs Tyre wall

XBOX vs Playstation ;)

GT1 Corvette battle is great. #1 Car out with Capello.

Are the Corvettes both on the same lap? I'm trying to find out but can't find any information on it. Anyway, seems close between the two.

The Audi seems to be hitting trouble now, hopefully Aston will slip infront. Hopefully 👍

Are the Corvettes both on the same lap? I'm trying to find out but can't find any information on it. Anyway, seems close between the two.

The Audi seems to be hitting trouble now, hopefully Aston will slip infront. Hopefully 👍

Yep, there both running the same lap. It's a battle for first place in there class.

What year did Le Mans go to Prototypes? I remember they used to have normal race cars like the GT40.

What year did Le Mans go to Prototypes? I remember they used to have normal race cars like the GT40.

According to Wiki, 1993 is the first year the LMP class was recognized with Welter Racing's LM93, a Lucchini SP91, & a Debora SP93. 1994 saw the class divide into LMP1 & LMP2 as the official introduction & replacement of Group C.

The Toyota 94C-V, Kremer K8 Spyder, Courage C32LM, Porsche 962C GTi, ALD 06, & Alpa LM were apparently the first LMP1 cars. LMP2 consisted of 3 cars, 2 WR LM93's & a Debora LMP294. 1995 was nearly identical.

Seems 1996 from then on, excluding 1998 was where the LMP1 became the dominate class.

Well, this will be my final report as I'll step away from GTPlanet and not return until later this Sunday. I'll try to catch as much of this race and its conclusion as I can. I should be good the rest of this morning. Kind of a funny thing is... I have to wake up or be awake around this time to see a European F1 race, but I never get to wake up this early or something because I'm so much an up-all-night guy on Saturday.

Less than three hours left! If Audi does indeed fail to win Le Mans with less than three hours left, I'd be interested in hearing and seeing what poeple will say about how Audi could fail to take care of Peugeot. I will be thinking about who I would declare my winners and losers from this year's race. "Winners and losers" meaning some of the best performances and worst performances. Bright sunshine at Le Mans now as crowds build up in anticipation of the race's finish. This race is one of those races worth staying up late to see and experience.

This will do it for me. You all enjoy the final three hours of this race! Sweet dreams, mates!

Reventón;3431180
According to Wiki, 1993 is the first year the LMP class was recognized with Welter Racing's LM93, a Lucchini SP91, & a Debora SP93. 1994 saw the class divide into LMP1 & LMP2 as the official introduction & replacement of Group C.

The Toyota 94C-V, Kremer K8 Spyder, Courage C32LM, Porsche 962C GTi, ALD 06, & Alpa LM were apparently the first LMP1 cars. LMP2 consisted of 3 cars, 2 WR LM93's & a Debora LMP294. 1995 was nearly identical.

Seems 1996 from then on, excluding 1998 was where the LMP1 became the dominate class.

Cool. Before that though many cars were dedicated race cars without road going counterparts as well though correct?

Hey guys, stayed up till 4, got a few hours sleep. Glad to see there is less than a lap between 1st and second. I am gutted for the Pescarolo, it was my favorite in the LMP1 class. Also its great to see the RS spyder in 10th.

Cool. Before that though many cars were dedicated race cars without road going counterparts as well though correct?
Correct. With the demise of Group C, the ACO did allow production-based cars for the first time in many years.
Less than three hours left! If Audi does indeed fail to win Le Mans with less than three hours left, I'd be interested in hearing and seeing what poeple will say about how Audi could fail to take care of Peugeot. I will be thinking about who I would declare my winners and losers from this year's race. "Winners and losers" meaning some of the best performances and worst performances. Bright sunshine at Le Mans now as crowds build up in anticipation of the race's finish. This race is one of those races worth staying up late to see and experience.

Audi took care of Peugeot 2 years with the R10. It's a little late for Peugeot fans to claim anything, esp. considering Peugeot gave a car to Pescarolo directly for the purpose of having even better chances at beating Audi, and some of their blunders from this & last year's race.

It's Audi's own fault that they didn't win. The only race they were a part of was Sebring, but other than that the R15 chassis has not nearly had any other testing whatsoever. Add to the fact that they focussed on the wet setup on Wednesday, they were completely unprepared for a 24 hour dry race. This one's completely Peugeot's to lose now.

Won't argue there. As many have said, Audi should have really tested this car.

Just noticed one of the 'Vettes on the side near the entrance to the pits.
And one of the RS Spyders facing the wrong way?!

64# 'Vette has apparently lost drive. Suppose that puts a end to that epic battle between the 63# and 64# 'Vette's.

Reventón;3431215
Won't argue there. As many have said, Audi should have really tested this car.

Just noticed one of the 'Vettes on the side near the entrance to the pits.
And one of the RS Spyders facing the wrong way?!

I think the RS spun avoiding the Corvette, back on track now though.

I still have hope that the Aston can snatch a podium with a bit of luck.

64# 'Vette has apparently lost drive. Suppose that puts a end to that epic battle between the 63# and 64# 'Vette's.

That is a great shame, one for the team and two for us, it was the only real duel out on track.

Only 2 hours to go, will we see anymore drama's or will a Peugeot 908 finally win at Le Mans

That is a great shame, one for the team and two for us, it was the only real duel out on track.

Only 2 hours to go, will we see anymore drama's or will a Peugeot 908 finally win at Le Mans
It's looking that way. Doesn't look like rain will play a role this year.

I heard the sound of that Aston for the first time in spa, it was worth the whole trip just to listen to that V12 every lap :bowdown:

It's Audi's own fault that they didn't win. The only race they were a part of was Sebring, but other than that the R15 chassis has not nearly had any other testing whatsoever. Add to the fact that they focussed on the wet setup on Wednesday, they were completely unprepared for a 24 hour dry race. This one's completely Peugeot's to lose now.
I totally agree also. This is what happens when you win all the time you start to get sloppy.

Latest Posts

Back