77th Le Mans 24 Hours

• Thread starter Clark
  • 839 comments
Looks like were gonna have a formation finish. Memories of Audi...as well as the great Peugeot 905 too.

I hate it when they do this. They should race all the way to the flag. I turned over and watched the end of the Motogp. That had a real finish.

I hate it when they do this. They should race all the way to the flag. I turned over and watched the end of the Motogp. That had a real finish.
Well, to be honest, it wouldn't really matter. Everyone's got such a gap between the next team that there just isn't any way for them to make a strong come back in 6 minutes.

Looks like it's going to be a good sportsmanship finish with drivers giving other drivers thumbs up.
It's not all out racing, but meh, it's not something you see at every Le Mans.

So, two long, hard years of practice, one with inferior equipment and team, then one with slightly superior equipment and worse teams, and now, at last, everything went right for Peugeot: A triumph over the Audi steam-train.

Congrats Peugeot!

Hopefully, they will return next year b/c not only will Aston & Audi be upping their game, but the Italians might be as well. :sly:

Yep, it was a great sight to see at the finish.

It's part of what I love about endurance races.

And it's officially over.

I wanted to see Audi winning this one, but Peugeot deserved it. Congratulations, guys. :)

Congrats to Peugeot Sport Total for the win! Not to mention Team Peugeot Total as well!

At long last, we have a true successor to the 905.

Also a 👍 to the other class winners.

Well done Peugeot. Well done Aston Martin as well. 4th overall and first petrol car. Ya Boo Sucks Audi. You had it coming. I hope you learn your lesson.

Well done Peugeot. Well done Aston Martin as well. 4th overall and first petrol car. Ya Boo Sucks Audi. You had it coming. I hope you learn your lesson.
How did Audi have it coming? Peugeot wasn't prepared the first year, & chose poor decisions the second. It's not Audi's fault Peugeot had to learn from its mistakes.

Besides, knowing Audi, they're just going to look at this and hit the drawing board again.

Well done Peugeot! I wanted to see either Audi or Aston take a higher position but I am utterly impressed with Aston's final finishing position, especially considering this is their first time at Le Mans.

Peugeot played it well the whole race. Congratulations to them 👍

Congratulations to all of the teams 👍

Every single team member has been working so hard for the past 24 hours, they all deserve what they got today 👍 Also a big 👍 to Corvette Racing's teamboss who finally got his Le Mans victory after 8 years 👍 And a great 4th position by the Aston team!

Congratulations to all the class winners! :cheers:

Reventón;3431346
How did Audi have it coming? Peugeot wasn't prepared the first year, & chose poor decisions the second. It's not Audi's fault Peugeot had to learn from its mistakes.

Besides, knowing Audi, they're just going to look at this and hit the drawing board again.

Actually, Audi should've known better. I had a feeling Audi have arrived at Le Mans this year with a mentality of "Well, we've been winning this race since 2000 even with the introduction of our new chassis' so we should easily win this one as well". The lack of testing and preparing turned against Audi, and Audi was never prepared for the preparations Peugeot undertook during the free practice session.

Reventón;3431346

Does doing ONE whole race all season up to this point ring any bells?

Reventón;3431346

Ahem. May I remind you Audi wasn't anything decent in their first year as well? And haven't faced serious competition from that year until 2007?

Audi was being silly and did many mistakes on all the cars, while Peugeot ran the #9 flawlessly.

Finally we´ll get a stabilizing effect on the diesels! Now that the Peugeots have won, the ACO can adjust the rules to even out the field, so the petrolcars have a chance again!

Reventón;3431346

I think I understand your point. The R15 has been a failure, albeit not a complete one. They did get a podium, but they'll be disappointed with having their run broken.

Hurrah for Peugeot, I don't like their road cars, but their race cars, now having finally seen them in action, were favourites for me. I liked the closed cockpit look of the Peugeots vs the open Audis, plus Peugeot were underdogs given Audi's success, plus Peugeot had an Aussie driver, plus the diesels sounds a lot tougher than the petrols.:sly:

Corvette makes me laugh. Washing the car? Can't you wait till the race is over?

Err, no? Photos are taken when you cross the line, not when the car is being loaded on to the trailer.;)

Yeah, if you do it with like, 5 min. to go, it's OK, but with almost half an hour? Wow.

When you have a lead like that there's nothing wrong with putting on a display for the fans.

Well done Peugeot & great for david brabham as well :)

Yes indeed, great to see an Aussie cross the line in first place!:D

Well done Peugeot well deserved, also well done to Aston Martin and everyone else . Lack of testing robbed Audi of victory:tdown: but still well done to them 👍. O nly 2 hours of sleep was well worth it:)

Congrats, indeed.

3 years worth of effort finally paid off, and Corvette's team manager finally got his win.

Awesome, all around.

Victory to the team at Peugeot, and congrats to David Brabham, Alexander Wurz and Marc Gene.

Well done to all class winners.

Can anyone tell me where number 23(Ginetta I think) finished or not.?

Latest Posts

Back