82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
  • 178,586 views
Oh, I do think they're being somewhat conservative. We do know, from the qualifying, that they can run faster than 3:30. I suppose they don't want to run into reliability issues, but that's just a guess.

I would assume they are using the 1 minute plus gap to their advantage. If it gets under 30 seconds I'm sure we'll see the Porsche really show what it can do, and if they were sandbagging a bit up until now.
 
Oh, I do think they're being somewhat conservative. We do know, from the qualifying, that they can run faster than 3:30. I suppose they don't want to run into reliability issues, but that's just a guess.
The car isn't 100% healthy. They're just getting it to the finish. However, if said battle for the win becomes a reality, they may turn up the wick.
 
I would assume they are using the 1 minute plus gap to their advantage. If it gets under 30 seconds I'm sure we'll see the Porsche really show what it can do, and if they were sandbagging a bit up until now.

Lets hope so :cheers:
 
I would assume they are using the 1 minute plus gap to their advantage. If it gets under 30 seconds I'm sure we'll see the Porsche really show what it can do, and if they were sandbagging a bit up until now.
They cant do that , they loose more time in the pits.
 
hsv
The car isn't 100% healthy. They're just getting it to the finish. However, if said battle for the win becomes a reality, they may turn up the wick.

I would think so, surely? Nurse what you have now, then when your opponent gets within range, you have something in the tank. I mean the Porsches were quicker than Audi in qualifying, let's not forget, although that feels a loooong time ago now!
 
#20 in.
 
hsv
The car isn't 100% healthy. They're just getting it to the finish. However, if said battle for the win becomes a reality, they may turn up the wick.
My assumption as well. The car's got the pace in it still, but it'd be a huge risk. I do hope that Porsche's willing to take said risk if push comes to shove. Might be that they'll just take a secure second place over a risky first.

Wouldn't be very Porsche-esque, though, would it?
 
Like RadioLemans said #2 needs only gain 1s a lap to win, they gain close to 5...
 
Remember Audi didn't do many flying laps in quali.

Their fastest lap today is 0.4 off the Porsche in quali.
 
Will Webber or Brandon drive the last stint for Porsche? I know Brandon is muvh fresher, but Webber has tons of top level experience and had some nerve wrecking F1 races.

I would trust Mark :(
 
Will Webber or Brandon drive the last stint for Porsche? I know Brandon is muvh fresher, but Webber has tons of top level experience and had some nerve wrecking F1 races.

I would trust Mark :(
I think it's Mark.
 
Brendon will do it. Mark was in before Bernhard unless they change it.
 
My assumption as well. The car's got the pace in it still, but it'd be a huge risk. I do hope that Porsche's willing to take said risk if push comes to shove. Might be that they'll just take a secure second place over a risky first.

Wouldn't be very Porsche-esque, though, would it?

You can't get to 22 hours into a 24-hour race and NOT go for the win, surely?
 
Danm I was so close to go to Lemans this year :banghead:
 
Wait, the Audi and the Porsche need to make the same number of stops from here, right? Is this the race for the win?
 
Jeez this is a good race. I won't even mind Audi winning now, because at least they had to work for it.
 
The Porsche can stay out one lap longer than the Audi and there are also still some Ferraris left on track which could take out one of the P1s. :D Nothing's decided there, heck, even the Rebellion could still win. lol
 
2 laps for Audi to make their move.
 
Anyone spot the random lapped Ferrari who nearly took out the #8 Toyota on Mulsanne just now? (readies drink)
 
5.7s now , just Audi need to pit soon.
 
Also #91 Porsche slow and weaving around, 7th in class.
 
Mark will be the finally driver in the Porsche, they interviewed Hartley on Fox Sports a few minutes ago and Hartley said its Webber.
 
image.jpg
 
Also correct me if I'm wrong but is the Audi still murdering the Porsche on pace on old tires? Or did the Porsche not change tires on that last stop?
 
Back