82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
  • 178,574 views
1 Hour to go.

Time for the teams to turn up the wick? ;)
 
.
Stranger things HAVE happened at Le Mans before...


Yeah, I was joking (hence the ;) ) because that's exactly what happened in 2010. The entire Peugeot squadron - 4 CARS (3 Works + 1 Oreca), after a dominating start ... burned. Neither finished the race.

When Furinkazen mentioned 2010 I realized Audi is now, once again, facing 4 CARS that are apparently faster then their own in one lap pace.

So I joked. Sorry about that, carry on ;)
 
Those Porsches are really fast in lap times considering it's their first year. But I think that either Audi or Toyota will take the overall win. From those two I would like Toyota winning more, it is their time now ;) As for GT my hopes is on Corvettes. The C7R looks so good and the V8 sound.. you know. Also the GT Aston Martins are cool.
 
Code 60 in action.

Edit: #51 Ferrari GTE just sped through yellow zone...

There's going to be trouble.
 
Last edited:
Brilliant demo by the Ferrari not as Chandhok bins the Murphy car.
 
Brilliant demo by the Ferrari not as Chandhok bins the Murphy car.
There goes any last minute battles for Pole. :( I gather there'll be cries of "We wuz wobbed!" in French?
 
It almost feels like we've had more yellow/red lights than we've had green lights!
 
Code 80 I think is pretty good.
 
I'm fairly certain it was Brundle on pole in 1999.
 
I'm gonna blame this one on the P2 car. The Audi was moving out of the racing line and was clearly already occupying the driver's left side on the track. Why the P2 decided to dive to the left as well, especially considering the corner up ahead was a left hand corner, I'm not sure. Anyway, what do you guys think?

 
I'm gonna blame this one on the P2 car. The Audi was moving out of the racing line and was clearly already occupying the driver's left side on the track. Why the P2 decided to dive to the left as well, especially considering the corner up ahead was a left hand corner, I'm not sure. Anyway, what do you guys think?



The Audi already looked very badly damaged and seemed (just from that, I haven't seen any more) as if it was struggling to steer.

The marshalls didn't seem to be showing whites or yellows for it, that seems odd.

EDIT: Actually, watching the #1.2 Audi going into the pits the steering looks okay, just the forward surface is detached.

P2 car's fault.
 
I'm gonna blame this one on the P2 car. The Audi was moving out of the racing line and was clearly already occupying the driver's left side on the track. Why the P2 decided to dive to the left as well, especially considering the corner up ahead was a left hand corner, I'm not sure. Anyway, what do you guys think?




Yeah, that was definitely the P2 driver's error. He could have easily slowed down a lot more. Surely the team would've told him by now he was coming up on a slow and damaged car by the time he got there.
 
Yeah, that was definitely the P2 driver's error. He could have easily slowed down a lot more. Surely the team would've told him by now he was coming up on a slow and damaged car by the time he got there.

Thing is, that's the job of the marshalls too, they seemed a little slow on the uptake. Still the P2's fault on balance but Race Control have to take some of the blame I think.
 
Thing is, that's the job of the marshalls too, they seemed a little slow on the uptake. Still the P2's fault on balance but Race Control have to take some of the blame I think.



While I agree the marshalls should've been trying to put out flags to warn others, this video just puts a lot more of the blame on the P2 car. How do you not slow down when there's a car that's trailing smoke ahead of you? By default, common sense dictates that you slow way down because that either means a car is laying down fluid or is damaged (neither of which is safe).
 
@RACECAR you're right, I edited to blame the P2 car ultimately :D

I think this is what we soft Brits would call "six of one, half-a-dozen of the other". Not a baker's dozen though... hope that helps :)
 
No idea how you guys are blaming Roussel for this. Di Grassi was moving to the right (presumably to go into the pits) until he noticed the Pegasus LMP2 behind him and suddenly veered back to the left side of the track. That's a no-no. The slow car should have stayed on his line. Roussel had to make a split second decision as that kink is blind and fast, and Di Grassi changing directions just after Roussel comes into view didn't help him with that. Pegasus Racing should be sending their repair bill to Ingolstadt and Roussel should get little blame.
Yeah, that was definitely the P2 driver's error. He could have easily slowed down a lot more. Surely the team would've told him by now he was coming up on a slow and damaged car by the time he got there.
"Slowing down" is very much relative. Even in qualifying, everybody is in a rush to do their program and nobody will slow down more than the bare minimum. Roussel was going a bit fast with those white flags waving, but the accident wouldn't have happened if Di Grassi had stayed on his line.
 
You know how they say heaven is a place on earth, well i think i've found it.

And i already feel like death
14405866281_4a7080112e_c.jpg

14409252045_80665aea53_c.jpg

14222643618_a1664bf6b3_c.jpg

14222822917_92fa815ec5_c.jpg

14386152296_c895b19786_c.jpg

14408048562_aca85ccc0a_c.jpg

14222730838_c7a9502829_c.jpg

14408049662_489c7132d9_c.jpg

14406055251_6b97ff5c3e_c.jpg


Some more to view here
https://www.flickr.com/photos/42427406@N05/sets/72157645149577154/
 
You lucky thing, I'm giving you all plenty of publicity on the Radio and I might even play the interview later on if I get the chance.
 
Tom
You lucky thing, I'm giving you all plenty of publicity on the Radio and I might even play the interview later on if I get the chance.
When I get my videos up you're more than welcome to play the noise in them and show how F1 does have anything on the sound of le man!

The astons and corvettes just sound down right dirty.
 
Just saw it again. I think you're too harsh. Di Grassi moved left to try to get off the normal racing line when he saw the Pegasus car, but at the same time the Pegasus left the racing line to overtake. This is common and sometimes with horrible results (like Villeneuve's death), but it's almost unavoidable when two people must make independent split second decisions ... in the same split second.

No. Just no. Di Grassi was on the correct side of the track to go in the pits. He jinked out to the other side and took out the LMP2 car. There is no way can he be allowed to take part in this race unless Audi have the ACO in their pocket.
 
Hi, This is my first year attending Le Mans after watching from home the last 5 years. Is there many other GTP'ers traveling to Le Mans this year?
 
Back