82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
  • 178,575 views
Yeah, there were some rumours that a certain italian car manufacturer would make an announcement today before the race.

I guess someone made up this story because Alonso waves the flag at the start of the race today.

@G.T.Ace I prefer the sound of the Toyota :)
 
No. There is an announcement today but that has been known for a while, then and only then did the rumours about Ferrari start.

Radio Le Mans pointed out they they know who it is and it is for Garage 56 but would not say who because it is for the manufacturer to announce but did say it is NOT Ferrari and yet the silliness about Ferrari persists.
 
I missed the Group C historic race? :eek::(
 
I missed the Group C historic race? :eek::(
It was great to see the cars, but in terms of actual racing, you really didn't miss much.
 
The Porsche Supercup France on the other hand is friggin' action packed.
The Circuit de 24 Heures allows some amazing racing, too bad it's only used one weekend in the year.
Stupid public roads. :D
 
Gooo cousin ...

LeMans.JPG
 
Wait, what? Is he really your cousin or are you just calling him like that?
 
That Porsche race was something else.
 
Wow, that's cool! Crossing my fingers for a good finish!

Poor Estre in the Porsche Cup, that tire blow was huge, respect for keeping that car on the track.
 
WEC has signed a deal for another 3 years. Fia and ACO just signed the papers. ACO will be the promoter.


edit...
France commentators speculate also about Ferrari entering Endurance. F1 rules become stricter and stricter and it leaves less and less room for innovation. Endurance promotes new technologies within their rulesset and it is quite an open rule set. Ferrari seems interested and maybe Peugeot as well. Again they are speculating ;) Mercedes, Jaguar and Alfa were named briefly as well.
 
Last edited:
Morning all, just woke up so im good for a long stint haha, how long to start?
 
Just over 2 hours. :D
 
Morning all, just woke up so im good for a long stint haha, how long to start?

Good morning. Just woke up with only 4 hours of sleep. Its going to be a long 26 hours.

Green flag in 113 minutes I believe
 
@Earth lol, I've been up since around 3:25 PM yesterday (my 2nd shift job has screwed up my sleep cycle), and I am too excited to sleep.

I don't know if I can last 41 hours on no sleep. My current record is 36 hours and 42 minutes, looks like I am about to shatter it.
 
Last edited:
He is really my cousin. 👍 :D

Well I too will cheer for him in the GTE-Am since I don't really have anyone other than Dempsey...

My predictions:

Rebellion to win LMP1-L.
Nissan ZEOD to win it's class.

Inspiration taken from @LancerEvo7.

Are you sure it had nothing to do with this.
I dont know if I'd live as risky as him with such a prediction. I think he later on goes to predict the ZEOD the winner of it's class as well. Very very dangerous, what a brave soul.



My prediction is cars will finish the race and some will win. I know I know, very descriptive.
 
Where will you watch it, guys? I will probably go with Eurosport.
 
You're all stuck with me for 24 hours

And why the Beelzebub isn't Lotus running? Prettiest livery on the grid and we won't see it running at Sarthe!
 
is the official stream sound delayed for everyone?
 
Back