83rd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 13/14 June 2015.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,676 comments
The head of Ford will wave the green flag. http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/2...-and-kristensen-hounoured_2_2_1746_20510.html

Where is the speed trap anyway? I know it's a test day, but I do hope they go at least 350kph! I seem to always forget how much over 320kph they get, but I know in part thanks to the chincanes, the days of 375+kph are looooooong gone.

Where is the speed trap anyway? I know it's a test day, but I do hope they go at least 350kph! I seem to always forget how much over 320kph they get, but I know in part thanks to the chincanes, the days of 375+kph are looooooong gone.
They got up to 402/250mph back in 1989, the last year without the chicanes.

The cars could easily reach 350+ nowadays too, but not only is it not worth the loss of aero, the ACO also doesn't want to see the cars being quicker than 330.

DSC_0007.jpg

Nissan's revised twitter campaign slogan. :lol:

If the GT-R Nismo Handles anything like it does on GT6 then they are going to be a sitting duck on the low speed stuff.

I do wonder if the 2nd kick of ERS after 300km/h is real though.

http://www.speedcafe.com/news_extra/le-mans-aston-martin-racing-cars-go-back-to-the-hotel-de-france/
Aston_Martin_Hotel_de_France-Drivers.jpg

>From 1953 until 1963 the Hotel de France at La Chartre-sur-le-Loir was the base of the Aston Martin team for the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Drivers and mechanics would prepare their cars in the hotel’s courtyard and then drive them on public roads to the famous circuit – now history has repeated itself.

Early this morning, after two days of testing at the Le Mans circuit, three of this year’s Aston Martin Racing V8 Vantage GTEs and their drivers, Darren Turner, Richie Stanaway and Mathias Lauda, recreated some of the famous photographs and film footage from the 1950’s of the cars being prepared at the hotel and leaving for Le Mans.

The Hotel de France’s association with motor sport and the Le Mans 24-hour race started when John Wyer, a hard-nosed straight talking Aston Martin team manager, discovered it in 1952 and then based his teams there.

If the GT-R Nismo Handles anything like it does on GT6 then they are going to be a sitting duck on the low speed stuff.

I do wonder if the 2nd kick of ERS after 300km/h is real though.
Don't worry, GT6' physics engine isn't really shining in the protos.

I did get a 3:30.491 but thats still way off the pace and the fastest time was like a 3:26.something.

I just looked at the 10 day weather forecast for Le Mans, and I'm getting all kinds of results. One site says odds for rain are at 60%, cloudy with the possibility of heavy thunderstorms, another site says its going to be super sunny and dry.
Has anyone experience with a reliable international weather forecast?

I just looked at the 10 day weather forecast for Le Mans, and I'm getting all kinds of results. One site says odds for rain are at 60%, cloudy with the possibility of heavy thunderstorms, another site says its going to be super sunny and dry.
Has anyone experience with a reliable international weather forecast?
To be honest, weather forecasts that far out are never really accurate.

To be honest, weather forecasts that far out are never really accurate.

Yeah it's not worth putting any real value into forecasts this early as they can shift entire days based on changing projections. Just keep checking any of the major weather forecasters next week to see what's going to happen. Met Office UK, Meteo France etc.

You're probably right, still, I want to get at least a very very rough idea about the weather because I don't think it would change dramatically - even with a 10 day forecast.

FOX Sports broadcast schedule (all times ET and subject to change):

• FOX Sports GO (Saturday, June 13 at 8:30 a.m. to Sunday, June 14 at 9:30 AM)
• Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12:00 PM, FOX Sports 2)
• Saturday, June 13 (7:00 p.m. to 8:00 PM, FOX Sports 1)
• Saturday, June 13 (11:00 p.m. to 12:30 AM, FOX Sports 2)
• Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 AM, FOX Sports 1)
• Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9:00 AM, FOX Sports 2)
• Sunday, June 14 (9:00 a.m. to 9:30 AM, FOX Sports 1)

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/117543-lm24-fox-announces-broadcast-times-and-team
http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Only half on TV and surrounded by the corruption league womens cup and Nascar.

As someone without cable, I was hoping to find some good streams available this year. (The free ones the ACO offered last year were all on-board and weren't very interesting after a while.) So far, I haven't been able to find anything on the official Le Mans site offering it, though a subscription is mentioned in their Android app. (Which I don't trust at all—I'd much rather stream to my computer than my tablet.) This reddit thread mentions some options, but I'm not sure about the US availability of, say, the Eurosport streams.

I wish I could just watch the race afterward on like YouTube or something the way the United SportsCar races work. Wishful thinking on my part, I know. :) But, hell, I'd pay for access to that, if the ACO were willing to provide it. It worked great for me to watch the beginning and end of the 24 Hours of Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring.

• FOX Sports GO (Saturday, June 13 at 8:30 a.m. to Sunday, June 14 at 9:30 AM)
• Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12:00 PM, FOX Sports 2)
• Saturday, June 13 (7:00 p.m. to 8:00 PM, FOX Sports 1)
• Saturday, June 13 (11:00 p.m. to 12:30 AM, FOX Sports 2)
• Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 AM, FOX Sports 1)
• Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9:00 AM, FOX Sports 2)
• Sunday, June 14 (9:00 a.m. to 9:30 AM, FOX Sports 1)

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/117543-lm24-fox-announces-broadcast-times-and-team
http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Only half on TV and surrounded by the corruption league womens cup and Nascar.
And remember they said there would be 25 hours of coverage? :banghead:

Guys I need live streams...NOW. :indiff:

And remember they said there would be 25 hours of coverage? :banghead:

Guys I need live streams...NOW. :indiff:
They said there will be "including Fox Sports GO."

So they played their words to advertise something accurately but not what you may have necessarily wanted.

I will watch what I can on TV but with only 12hrs on and the standard Fox commercial every 8 minutes I will try the Go stream and will seek out "other" options that will appear. I refuse to pay for the WEC stream so I will make do with what I can find.

What happened to the usual WEC stream? Are you telling me they aren't doing that this year? Ughhh..... I mean I prefer TV anyway, but as others have already expressed, when I have to put up with Fox sports and all I will ever have is 1, I get disappointed quickly.

Also, is my math right? They are starting the race earlier this year? 1:30pm Local time as appose to the usual 3:30pm?

I liked having the race start/end around 11AM since I could get up at 6AM or 7AM and still have hours of racing ahead!

Back