85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
This site is awesome. It shows illustrations of the different aero details on the LMP1's, like the Toyota and their 'double diffuser' some are calling it.
Thanks for sharing that. I had seen a couple of the renders recently but never heard of the site. I shall be a regular there now along with Mulsanne Corner. I need my race car tech fix!

Kanaan was all but confirmed by Robin Miller and Marshall Pruett at Indy last week.

Oh look another version of the Gulf sponsorship, how exciting. :rolleyes:

DBF5nIVXoAESm5X.jpg

Its the only Ligier in the field, might as well be the Gulf car.

So besides the usual Ford vs Ferrari story, and Toyota vs Porsche (obviously), does it matter who wins LMP2 or GT Am? Are they gonna be worth paying attention to?

So besides the usual Ford vs Ferrari story, and Toyota vs Porsche (obviously), does it matter who wins LMP2 or GT Am? Are they gonna be worth paying attention to?

Gt classes always matter, especially if there are Ferraris to watch, P2...not so much. Although there have been some pretty fierce battles in the class recently, not sure how that will play out over 24 hours. They will probably spin and get in the way mostly which is good (or bad, depending on your view) for the drinking game that always sprouts up for the race thread :sly:

LMP2 has given us some great racing to date in 2017. I don't this to change come Le Mans.

What interests me in GTE this year is seeing if Porsche has been sandbagging somewhat as their performances have not been of the usual standard. I know they are learning a new car but even so. Cannot help thinking they are ' doing a Ford'.
If they are not then there is huge work to be done on the really cool looking all-new 911 RSR.

Last edited:
The only part of the Aston Martin livery I don't like is the yellow front splitter.

Oh c'mon, you people act like Ford is the only team that has sandbagged in the history of all motorsports...give it a rest already.
Or maybe we just use Ford as it was the most recent example of such... Give it a rest already.

How many Canadian drivers this year?
I think just Paul Dalla Lana in the GTEAm Aston Martin.

Last edited:
(BTW, was going to post this in the IMSA thread, with the discussion about BoP there, but thought it's more relevant here)

Will probably get flak for this but hey-ho.

Ford are by no means the first team to sandbag like they did, to me it seems it was ranted and raved about more because of their big return to Le Mans. After all, they didn't break any rules per say, they just made the most of a loop-hole and played the BoP rules, and some might say quite cleverly.

Whilst this means nothing, if I where in charge of a similarly large team, or any for that metter, I'd certainly be making the most of the rules and potentially looking for any loopholes to make the most of.

Also, will be interesting to see if Porsche have been playing the same trick this year, would not surprise me, after all, their not breaking any rules either. Whilst it is a new package for this year, the 911 RSR seems to be pretty handy out the box, if the Daytona 24 hours was anything to go by (just one race I know). Anyway, that's just my 2 cents on it all.

Otherwise, whilst I'm rooting for Ford in GTE Pro, I'd love to see more of a battle this year, than what there already was last year between Ferrari. Would love it to be a full 5-way battle in an ideal world, but a 3-way fight between Ford, Ferrari and Porsche/Corvette would be fantastic. It's not that I'm leaving the Aston's out, just that the Vantage is getting on a bit now, and "struggled" last year (mind you Ferrari and Ford were in a class of their own last year). Mind you Aston have been pretty steady in WEC this year, so who know's. Either way, here's hoping for some great battles throughout the field.

Last edited:
I like it. :D

EDIT:
Kanaan was all but confirmed by Robin Miller and Marshall Pruett at Indy last week.

Oh look another version of the Gulf sponsorship, how exciting. :rolleyes:

DBF5nIVXoAESm5X.jpg
Donald Trump is the president of the united states, France has a president I actually like, Takuma Sato won his first Indy 500 at the age of 40 and I read complains about Gulf liveries. This year is friggin' bizarre.

Latest Posts

Back