85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
No. http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/larbre-art-car-revealed/

DBUVfTLXYAI2PNB.jpg

DBUVfb3XoAEb49p.jpg
I like it a lot. It looks very modern yet distinctly French in a way. Though, I hope they put the Chevy/Corvette Badges back on, makes it look more professional. I'll definitely have to look out for a diecast of it in the years to come

I like it. I do wonder though how much those colors will actually pop in the night. If the pictures above are anything to go by the car will look really, really cool but I think it's reasonable to expect less glow in a more realistic setting. However, I still think it's a good art car; it's something different, it stands out and it carries a distinct theme.

Edit: I agree about the all black front bumper looking rather unfinished, hopefully it will be covered with something once it's time to race.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's doing nothing for me. It looks like subpar street art. Maybe I'd like it better if he actually finished it instead of leaving the front black.

Really liking the Labre art car :drool:. That's how an art should be done; attention grabbing, and certainly vastly superior to the M6 GT LM Daytona 24 hours art car. Wonder if it'll look as bright and spectacular at night as it does in the promo photos, as if so, that'd be a sight at night.

I know that. But not all would agree it's 'artful'.
Some is, most isn't. Especially if you're a railfan and seen your fair share of locomotives and rolling stock ruined by that trash almost constantly. :banghead:

I like it a lot. It looks very modern yet distinctly French in a way. Though, I hope they put the Chevy/Corvette Badges back on, makes it look more professional. I'll definitely have to look out for a diecast of it in the years to come
Badges proudly on. :D
18922693_699557226912271_6599865530620717908_o.jpg

Last edited:
***Porsche’s Walliser believes the Le Mans-specific Balance of Performance, which was released last week, is “what we expected” although questions the 0.7mm restrictor increase for the Corvette C7.R. “Just compare the restrictor difference between Porsche and Corvette at Daytona and here and you see the difference is too small,” he said.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/le-mans-saturday-notebook-3/

He might have a point,
Porsche at Daytona 1240kg/31.2mm
Porsche at Le Mans 1258kg/30.1mm

Corvette at Daytona 1240kg/29.9mm
Corvette at Daytona 1243kg/29.7mm

I still think the 2007 Flying Lizard Porsche is still the only livery worth calling an art livery that appeared at Le Mans. The M3 GT2 livery was rather uninspired, and looked half arsed. This rather looks like a total mess as well...

I still think the 2007 Flying Lizard Porsche is still the only livery worth calling an art livery that appeared at Le Mans.

Utter rubbish, the Lichenstein BMW livery raced at Le Mans and is the most beautiful ever, and that's a fact for which I obviously have no sources! :D

The Hockney livery was also awesome but sadly never raced anywhere.

Utter rubbish, the Lichenstein BMW livery raced at Le Mans and is the most beautiful ever, and that's a fact for which I obviously have no sources! :D

The Hockney livery was also awesome but sadly never raced anywhere.

I meant art cars since 2007 ;)

But still in that case I think the 2007 Flying Lizard livery is pretty much my favourite ever livery.

***Porsche’s Walliser believes the Le Mans-specific Balance of Performance, which was released last week, is “what we expected” although questions the 0.7mm restrictor increase for the Corvette C7.R. “Just compare the restrictor difference between Porsche and Corvette at Daytona and here and you see the difference is too small,” he said.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/le-mans-saturday-notebook-3/

He might have a point,
Porsche at Daytona 1240kg/31.2mm
Porsche at Le Mans 1258kg/30.1mm

Corvette at Daytona 1240kg/29.9mm
Corvette at Daytona 1243kg/29.7mm

They might have a point if the Corvette wasn't the 2nd slowest car at Daytona in lap time. The Porsches were the only ones to get close to the Ford GTs best lap.

Back