85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

What a race! As much as it pains me to say this, well done Porsche and the #2 for getting the win, a great comeback, well deserved.

And congratulations to Jackie Chan DC racing, not only winning LMP2, but getting 2nd overall, with 2 LMP2's on the podium, who'd have thought it!

And a very well done to Aston and the #97, finally winning in GTE-Pro!, very well deserved after a stunning battle in the dying moments. And to to top it off, the #67 Ford got 2nd!. I do feel sorry for the #63, fought so hard, then cruelly dealt with a puncture, really unlucky after a cracking battle, but that's the way the cookie crumbles at Le Mans...

That surely was a crazy and wild ride this year. Now it's back to waiting for next year :crazy:
Hopefully Porsche and Toyota can get their cars more reliable for next year. LMP1 simply can't afford to lose 2/3 of it's cars.

Yep, they're definitely getting sacked in the morning, almost seemed like they were intentionally looking for anything BUT the limping Chevrolet to show on the last lap...

Considering how the WEC operates they will probably get a raise.

Well this was crazy. I wish the months of May and June could just alternate 6 times to make up the year, so I could go from Indy to LeMans, from Indy to LeMans, Indy to LeMans.

Had a great time watching the race with you all, you'll probably see me around more when GT Sport comes out, cus my PS3 controllers are broke and I'm holding out. :cheers:

*Sigh* Another Le Mans ends in disappointment for my picks. I've seen some desperate moves in GT racing and I can understand why it happened, but why right then?!?!?

Magnussen should have taken the car home. The Taylor's are final lap fools.

Care to explain how the puncture was Taylor's fault?

So having last year proven you need to keep going for 24 hours to win a 24-hour race, Porsche now prove you can win one while only going for about 22 hours and 45 minutes.

Well done them, but LMP1 needs a long, hard look at itself. I thought its situation was only bleak off-track, but I never thought it would be made to look so ridiculous on-track.

Really well done to Jackie Chan's boys, even if their livery makes their car inexplicably look like a test mule. A reminder - they led in this race.

Well done to Aston for grabbing it right at the end. Hugs for Corvette for losing it right at the last.

And, er...well done to Will Stevens, I guess.

Care to explain how the puncture was Taylor's fault?
Considering the puncture happened right after he straight-lined the 2nd Mulsanne chicane, it's not hard to assume that the gravel caused the puncture, which would not have happened had Taylor not out-braked himself and stayed on the road.

Also random bonus point, this is PB for me; longest I've stayed up for the Le Mans 24H at 23 and bit Hours, and I'm glad I did.

Been following LM for many years, but have really got into it, and followed it more closely, the past few years, and I'm so glad I did.

Now, all that's missing, is to go on a roadtrip, and experience it in 1st person :D.

Latest Posts

Back