85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
I wonder if this is the last big win for the Astons? Does anyone know when they will retire this chassis and move on to the DB10, or something else.

The next gen Vantage road car is due next year, so expect to see a GTE version then.

Considering the puncture happened right after he straight-lined the 2nd Mulsanne chicane, it's not hard to assume that the gravel caused the puncture, which would not have happened had Taylor not out-braked himself and stayed on the road.
I think that was cause of his going off rather than effect, the incident at Arnage surely punctured the tyre even if it kept inflated for another half a lap.

Congrats to Porsche. I thought LMP2 is going to make history, but as usual Porsche have their day this weekend. Good job. Also, keep fighting until next season Toyota, even you didn't cross the finish line, there are still fans cheer you up in the distance. Also not forgetting for LMP2 teams especially Jackie Chan and Rebellion perform nicely till the end.

This has to be the longest stint in a modern Le Mans race. And is going to be one of the classics. One Le Mans, another story to tell.

Speaking of Jackie Chan I think I would put this ending credits from Thunderbolt for you guys to enjoy, See you next time!

Considering the puncture happened right after he straight-lined the 2nd Mulsanne chicane, it's not hard to assume that the gravel caused the puncture, which would not have happened had Taylor not out-braked himself and stayed on the road.
I was gonna say no way did that bring down the C7.R but you never know. Personally, I wanna see that flat Michelin tire. (And then blow it up :banghead:)

I'm disappointed and guttered. (Alpine losing 3rd overall due to a silly mistake)
I'm not disappointed, happy and proud. (two Kiwis on the top step)
I'm impressed. (Jackie Chan DC cars did an amazing job)
I'm unimpressed. (Toyotas stopped working).

Only Le Mans, it's quite simple fantastic.

Blowing the chicane, going through the gravel...

He took the car through the gravel in one of the Mulsanne chicanes with five minutes to go. I bet it destroyed his tires too early.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think the contact caused the puncture. it was pretty sizeable side-to-side contact. I would assume the only reason he blew the chicane was because the tire was loosing pressure. I'm sure most of us know at least frkm video games, at least somewhat, that keeping a car with a blown tire is no easy task.

I can only speculate though; maybe I am wrong.

Also random bonus point, this is PB for me; longest I've stayed up for the Le Mans 24H at 23 and bit Hours, and I'm glad I did.

Been following LM for many years, but have really got into it, and followed it more closely, the past few years, and I'm so glad I did.

Now, all that's missing, is to go on a roadtrip, and experience it in 1st person :D.

You also reached and passed the 1,000 posts mark in the process, well done. 👍

Porsche LM finish.jpg

I think this photo tells a story in itself.

Bernhard's face say's it. Shear relief and exhaustion in all the effort to get a well deserved win TBH

Biggest that I can recall, 18 laps down at 4 hours in, pretty crazy!
This or Jacky Ickx's comeback in 78 (iirc) with the 936?

In any case another brilliant year and epic story. Also the 2nd place team...and the GTE loss by Chevy. Can't wait for next year.

Toyota to win and Porsche to defend.
Chan's take on the Rocky story
Chevy to regain glory and Aston to defend.

To be honest, after last year's race, I thought Le Mans couldn't possibly get more dramatic than 2016 but here we are in 2017, and it has been an absolutely incredible race from beginning to end. Nobody could possibly make this up, stories like this only arise from something as unpredictable and magical as the 24 hours of Le Mans. It's been said time and time again, but this truly is the greatest race of them all. :bowdown:

What a joy it has been to follow every minute of this fascinating spectacle, and here is to an even more epic race next year. :cheers:

This is possibly my favorite time of the year
Congratulation for Porsche winning this years Le Man and Jackie Chan DC & REBELLION for the Podium. This was intense.
Once again, I feel bad for Toyota.

Now time to wait an entire year :guilty:

Back