85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
Corvette must have just run those tires a bit too hard then. If I remember correctly, someone said those were soft tires, so if they either made the final pit stop one lap later, or Taylor let off to cruise to 2nd in class, they may have made it. I find it hard to believe that people are blaming him, though. The Aston was right up on him; there was nothing he could have done, save maybe earlier in the stint, to hold them off. The move in Arnage is still a bit dodgy to me, but that's racing. Live timing says they got away with a podium, so I'll take it.

Congrats on a great comeback Porsche, better luck (again) next year Toyota, and congrats to Aston on the win.

Always a pleasure, GTP! See yinz for the next one!

Corvette say their car had a RR tire puncture and since it is their car and their telemetry I will take their word for it. The issue with the LF was likely due to locking the wheel repeatedly because the RR time was down.

I honestly was more interested in the GTE class for this event and last years Le Mans race. I kinda had a preferrence towards GT cars in general; I just like how they look being race cars with production car bodies.

Just woke up and replayed the last 30 minutes. Wow in GTE. But the #8 Porsche got overall lead which I don't like. Did it come back just on sheer pace of LMP1 vs LMP2?

Porsche's pit crew almost deserves a trophy too. Those minutes spent in the garage yesterday were minimized to perfection against what turned out to be Jackie Chan, of all people.

Not impressed with Thiim sticking his nose into the battle on the last lap.👎

He had an absolute right to insert himself between the leader and the Corvette to protect his teammate. The same would have happened with a Corvette protecting a Corvette leader.

Quickly made this. Might do some more for the other classes.

PORSCHE2.png

You know if next years privateer LMP1 rules and teams were here for this years race, we could have seen a privateer team snatch victory from the hybrids. The heat just made a mess of things for the hybrid cars.

Corvette say their car had a RR tire puncture and since it is their car and their telemetry I will take their word for it. The issue with the LF was likely due to locking the wheel repeatedly because the RR time was down.
He did clatter the barriers coming out of the esses on the final lap, that would've damaged the left front too.

He had an absolute right to insert himself between the leader and the Corvette to protect his teammate. The same would have happened with a Corvette protecting a Corvette leader.
No, that car was 6 laps behind. Leave that nonsense style of racing in the DTM where it belongs.

Congrats to the #2 Porsche for taking the overall win and the #97 Vantage for the win in GTE Pro. A bit gutted that Alpine and the Beechdean AMR couldn't make it to the podium, as well as the Toyotas losing, but I guess one can't have the best of both worlds. :)

Now I'm looking forward to the unveiling of the new AM Vantage and its racing counterpart. Fingers crossed they are pleasing to the eye and can provide some great competition!

Here's to next year. :cheers:

At least it isn't one of those weird GT300 "Based" Super GT cars.
:confused:
Different strokes for different folks as they say, lol
Yeah, I guess I'd have to agree with that. Personally I'm not a fan of Jackie Chan because he's a bit of an (insert A-word here) in real life. If it was KCMG that was challenging the Porsche for the overall win however, then I'd have been cheering for the LMP2 like mad. :lol:

No, that car was 6 laps behind. Leave that nonsense style of racing in the DTM where it belongs.
Total crap. It is one of the jobs of a teammate to protect another teammate and you know it. There is NO RULE about passing another car under green conditions at all no matter how many laps behind you might be.

Rooting for the #2 Porsche to take the win and the Alpine to score a podium, not only because of my picks in the prediction game, but also because I don't want to see a car carrying the Jackie Chan name to win overall...

Also rooting for the #97 Vantage.
Reported to the appropriate authorities, expect a home visit from Chuck Norris.

Total crap. It is one of the jobs of a teammate to protect another teammate and you know it. There is NO RULE about passing another car under green conditions at all no matter how many laps behind you might be.
You and I are never going to agree on this point so...:cheers:

Why do you think it was wrong for the Aston to try to get a lap back when an opportunity arose? Sure it's the last lap but that doesn't change the rules.

Reported to the appropriate authorities, expect a home visit from Chuck Norris.
Well, I certainly hope this was sarcasm (or a joke) in one way or another, because I can't really tell... :odd:

I'm sorry, since when has Jackie Chan been an ass in real life? He's one of the nicest and humblest people in the film industry.
You may want to think about that again after reading this. ;)

And how is he a communist? Genuinely asking for your opinion and where it comes from, because I strongly want to disagree.
Americans know Jackie Chan best for his cheery, acrobatic performances in action movies such as "Rumble in the Bronx" and "Rush Hour," made successful by his amazing martial artistry and self-effacing comedy. Chinese know Chan, a Hong Kong native, for largely the same reasons. But they also know him for something most Americans might find surprising: He is passionately political, a staunch defender of the Chinese Communist Party and harsh critic of anyone he sees as opposing Beijing. Today, that includes the United States.

Chan, responding to widespread criticism of China's recent censorship of a popular newspaper, insisted in a Chinese TV interview that the United States is "the most corrupt country in the world." He scolded Chinese who criticize their country in a way that foreigners can hear or see, adding that he's careful to only praise China when giving interviews in the U.S.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...canism-of-jackie-chan/?utm_term=.2c286f7fd578

Back