85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
Definitely looking forward to Le Man this year, as ever. Must admit, I've not really been bothered by the loss of Audi, only issue I have is that it means there's only 2 manufacturers in LMP1, otherwise no loss as far as I'm concerned.

Either way, doesn't mean this years race won't be exciting, hopefully it'll be a great battle between Toyota and Porsche; just as it was last year, but without the heartbreak though please :lol:, so here's hoping that Toyota finally get that win, so I'll be rooting for them as ever.

Elsewhere, in LM GTE, I'd imagine it'll be as closely fought as ever, especially now that we have even more manufacturers jostling it out. But like last year, I'll be cheering for my favorite; Ford :D.

Anyway, can't wait 👍.

Bleekemolen and R.Taylor testing the Keating Riley at NOLA, and a beast is loose in the countryside of Wisconsin.

C_Zvw09XcAIMwdj.jpg

Porsche used a modified low-drag aero set-up with an increased rake angle and, if I recall correctly, an additional small lip on the rear deck. Apparently it was near optimum downforce for Spa-Francorchamps.
That's right but I don't know if you should call it small ;)

wec-spa-francorchamps-2017-2-porsche-team-porsche-919-hybrid-timo-bernhard-earl-bamber-bre.jpg

That's a pretty big flap, at least a few inches. Almost looks like an air brake.

Last edited:
Porsche's LMP1 car looks stupid, but I'm still rooting for them regardless!
They are beautiful. The side profile doesn't look anywhere as good as last year's car, but from all other angles it is a beautiful car to behold in the flesh.

Yep. 25 P2's are entered, 14 Oreca's, 7 Ligier's, 3 Dallara's, and the 1 Riley.

I'm genuinely surprised at how low the numbers are for the Dallara chassis, specially considering how its more or less dominated the IMSA series and the drive it had in the ELMS at Silverstone, I guess the Oreca is theoretically better suited to Le Mans?

My predictions for this year:

P1: 1
P2: 36
GTLM PRO: 92
GTLM AM: 98

Will the SC doriftooo: yes

I'm genuinely surprised at how low the numbers are for the Dallara chassis, specially considering how its more or less dominated the IMSA series and the drive it had in the ELMS at Silverstone, I guess the Oreca is theoretically better suited to Le Mans?
It is strange that if you go to their webpage https://www.dallara.it/wps/portal/english there is reference to the DPi but there is no link to the P217. I think the P2 program is secondary to the DPi program with GM, and the same thing applies to Riley/ Multimatic. There is no link to their chassis either and the Le Mans program is being run by Riley himself with Keating.

It is strange that if you go to their webpage https://www.dallara.it/wps/portal/english there is reference to the DPi but there is no link to the P217. I think the P2 program is secondary to the DPi program with GM, and the same thing applies to Riley/ Multimatic. There is no link to their chassis either and the Le Mans program is being run by Riley himself with Keating.

Yeah, I've not seen or studied side by side pictures of the DPi/ LMP2, but watching them in IMSA and the ones in ELMS there doesn't actually look like there is any difference to the bodywork,

I also think this will be Toyota's year. I'm not a Toyota fan in everything else they race (although I'm grateful for their off road presence). Beyond that, I'm pulling for the factory and privateer Vettes and even though I could care less about the LMP2 class as a whole (thanks a lot FIA) I hope the Keating/Taylor team do well

I feel like a villain for supporting Ford again. But those Ford GT's are just too damn beautiful...

I sincerely hope Toyota visits a voodoo priest or priestess before the big one.

From the snide antics produced by Chip Ganassi last year, it would be brilliant if any car that doesn't have the Ford badge to win this years GTE Pro.

Don't see it being nearly as big a problem as compared to last year. Sandbagging, nostalgia and PR aside, it already from WEC seems to be shaping up more hopeful. I can't recall if the ACO/FIA takes results or data from GTLM into consideration at all considering those aren't GTE to the same spec.

However, with private testing Corvette has done I think they'll be alright going into the race, they've had a strong package state side but that doesn't always align in France. Same goes for the other runners.

Don't see it being nearly as big a problem as compared to last year. Sandbagging, nostalgia and PR aside, it already from WEC seems to be shaping up more hopeful. I can't recall if the ACO/FIA takes results or data from GTLM into consideration at all considering those aren't GTE to the same spec.

However, with private testing Corvette has done I think they'll be alright going into the race, they've had a strong package state side but that doesn't always align in France. Same goes for the other runners.

Speaking of Corvette is Labre gonna represent them in the GTAM category?

Official entry list http://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...17.pdf?goal=0_dd514e9f6a-b4e49ed8d0-157594021

Lopez demoted to the 9 car, T.Bell and Sweedler back in the 62, and Krohn/Jonsson in the 83 Ferrari.
I wouldn't say demoted, he is not in the #7 car because of his injury taking him out of Spa. But hell be back in it after LM. That little bit of inexperience would slow down the #7 which is currently the fastest lmp1 lineup. Plus Sarrazin was in the same lineup last year and he seems to have found his mojo again based on the timing results of Spa.

What, I missed the start of this thread? I must be living under a rock...

Time for my favorite time of the year: Le Mans!

The last two years, I've sided with Porsche, but after the heartbreak of last year, I'm pulling for them in LMP1. They'vs looked good so far this season; hopefully they can keep it going. I don't follow LMP2 at all really, but I'll be hapoy with Ricky Taylor on the top step, and I always pull for Corvette in GTE-Pro. Like LMP2, I don't follow GTE-Am, so give me a Ferreri or a 'Vette.

Are there any of the new Porsche GTE's running in Am?

Back