888 Tuning. .closed for good.

• Thread starter 888 Tuning
  • 400 comments
Thanks Red9597,

Happy to help out, glad that car is working for you... its a wild car to drive !

Alrighty my books are full for the next few days and I will have my hands full tuning up the requested cars (plus I am away on holidays for 4 days from friday) :)

For any new requests Im happy to add them to my list, but any cars not mentioned / Tuned here so far will have to wait till next week.

I really appreciate all the interest here.

Regs,
888 Tuning

yeah the gears I am getting alot better at but I could not get my oversteer under control. I guess my notes were switched on the (+/-) for toe. anyways I get off work late tonight, but who needs sleep when there is a race to win.

Oh to note my new changes.
with the increased HP and higher weight I was able to keep similar acceleration while pulling 8 - 10 MPH higher on my top speed out of the last corner. This was how I was able to drop a second on my laps.

Thanks for the props on the gears, I really try to tune so each corner has the right amount of power to whip around the AI.

I will swap the changes and let you know if I can pull better than 1:13. I plan on getting a couple hours in tonight.

Hi there 888 Tuning... really love the idea of this!
Being a bad tuner myself id have many cars for request. i see you must be very busy right now. Maybe you can help me out with setups you have already done ? How about the F430,the F40, oh and the lotus 111, lol i really can't figure that one out!?
I saw a guy on suzuka doing constantly 2:00s, 2:01s in his tuned EVO X( japanese guy anyway) . So that would be my real, new request for you . I know you probably can't say heres the setting, now you can do the same laptimes immediately. Just a basic, fast tuning for the EVO X on Suzuka 700pp would make me happy:sly:
*edit* I have my mitsu pretty sticky, which isn't really difficult, but it feels weak in the higher gears. I guess they need more acceleration and still a good topspeed, you know what i mean? It was close in the esses, but then on the straights that other guy was just pulling away ... no chance for me to follow him, just like he would have some bottles of NOS there lol !

Hey H20Hybrid_GT,

Consistant 2:00s 2:01's is damn fast !! We should be able to setup a tune for your Evo X, thats capable of fast times.. the rest will be up to you :)

As mentioned above, you wont have this for a couple of days if that works for you ?

Regs,
888 Tuning

Yeah i know, that's ok with me .
yes that's damn fast! i had many races with him so i know it for sure! it was on the jpn version though, the online races are much faster there, the time trials and settings seem to work normal, so this would mean a 2:04 or 05 on PALgame i guess. Thought should point that out. Just need something to work with since i really dont make big improvements especially on that car.
Thanks for your efforts, keep it up 👍

Alrighty guys,

To those who specifically requested the F430 and R8 at Suzuka (700) please check your PM's your cars are ready... would love to know how you get on ! :)

Regs,
888 Tuning

Nice job on that Audi R8 👍

So that's where I was going wrong :dunce:

Handles so much better now
I love the way the back end will step out, but it happens in such smooth almost lazy way that I'm finding myself doing it on purpose.Powering out of corners with the back end coming round YEE-HAWW

The gears are spot on to. It just keeps going Faster.
Damn thing just hooks up all the way through the gears and doesn't stop accelerating. :D

Great fun to drive

Thanks 888

My pleasure mate... its an awesome car which I had previously overlooked until I saw Tiff from 5th Gear punting it round a track.

Glad you like ! :sly:

Regs,
888 Tuning

Nice job on that Audi R8 👍

So that's where I was going wrong :dunce:

Handles so much better now
I love the way the back end will step out, but it happens in such smooth almost lazy way that I'm finding myself doing it on purpose.Powering out of corners with the back end coming round YEE-HAWW

The gears are spot on to. It just keeps going Faster.
Damn thing just hooks up all the way through the gears and doesn't stop accelerating. :D

Great fun to drive

Thanks 888

Still not sure about Suzuka. But I think that's more to do with the fact I don't spend much time there.

What do you want next? :sly:

Still not sure about Suzuka. But I think that's more to do with the fact I don't spend much time there.

What do you want next? :sly:

Personally I think Suzuka is the toughest track in the game as it has so many linked corners.. If you blow your entry into the first corner of the Esses you are pretty much screwed for that whole section until you get around towards Degner.
Until you really work out the right line through this track any car will feel dodgy. For my driving style The R8 is probably the easiest (as in controllable) car to drive around here at speed which makes it a good car to become really familiar with the track itself : )
Spend some time there and if you still are not sure about the R8, let me know where you feel its letting you down and I'll see what I can do about it.

What do I want next ?? To finish off this weeks tunes and then start again next week. Car choice however is up to you guys.. I dont want to just churn out 100 tunes for the sake of it.. :) so pick a car you are struggling with or is not feeling as quick as you think it should and I will see what I can do.

I'd also like to hear how these tunes are going in the online world as thats where the real test is. The Lions Den is releasing some great work and the best thing for all the tuners here is to know we are heading in the right path. :)

Regs,
888 Tuning

Personally I think Suzuka is the toughest track in the game as it has so many linked corners.. If you blow your entry into the first corner of the Esses you are pretty much screwed for that whole section until you get around towards Degner.
Until you really work out the right line through this track any car will feel dodgy. For my driving style The R8 is probably the easiest (as in controllable) car to drive around here at speed which makes it a good car to become really familiar with the track itself : )
Spend some time there and if you still are not sure about the R8, let me know where you feel its letting you down and I'll see what I can do about it.

What do I want next ?? To finish off this weeks tunes and then start again next week. Car choice however is up to you guys.. I dont want to just churn out 100 tunes for the sake of it.. :) so pick a car you are struggling with or is not feeling as quick as you think it should and I will see what I can do.

I'd also like to hear how these tunes are going in the online world as thats where the real test is. The Lions Den is releasing some great work and the best thing for all the tuners here is to know we are heading in the right path. :)

Regs,
888 Tuning

Regs,
888 Tuning

Totally agree with the Esses at Suzuka. It's just a case of getting the rhythm right.

As for the Audi online got nailed around Fuji. But a different story around Daytona Road. It's more than a match for most around there :)

Totally agree with the Esses at Suzuka. It's just a case of getting the rhythm right.

As for the Audi online got nailed around Fuji. But a different story around Daytona Road. It's more than a match for most around there :)

I agree the R8 is not the ideal car for Fuji given that looooong straight.. Its great through most of the track but any advantage soon gets lost down that straight to a GTR. : )

So how many requests are you tuning now? 10?:)

Lol yeah got a few on the books now !! .. quite a few pm's too.
I didnt think it would be this popular to be honest, I just wanted to gauge the feedback first which has been real positive so far.

The standard base tunes are not too bad, its the custom ones that take the time though, as I know you appreciate, where people have a setup and they are looking for a little extra time.

Im thinking of releasing a 888 Tuning Custom to see what the response is..

Would you like a tune ? lol j/k :D

It takes roughly an hour to do every tune I do just about. By focusing on ease of use you can be sure the tune will fit most people, and an easy to use car is a fast car.;)

Edit: You should link your garage in your sig.

Hi 888 Tuning, I just joined this forum and was looking through your thread... what a great service you and the other tuners are providing.👍
I am a newbie with racing games but having a blast trying to drive the F40 around Suzuka and I see you have a tune for it... any chance you could send it to me:)

To all our so far loyal customers : )

The new updates has meant a change to classes with the 700 being up'ed to 750 as well as a raft of other changes.
No doubt this will alter peoples requirements and tunes completed so far. So at this stage we are going to hold off on tunes until all have the updates and can assess what changes to the classes their are as I see this will alter greatly what tune you are after : )

As soon as you have seen the new categories and work out what car you'd like, we will be happy to assist in providing a suitable tune for you.

Right now I am doing a few tests myself and the 750 races are going to be FASSSTTTT !!!!

All the best
888 Tuning

Hey guys,

This one is for those who already have a tune from me and have given me a review or some feedback.. (if you havent posted a review of one of my tunes you better be quick!! :) )

I have a race ready Suzuka PP750 For GT LM Spec II Test car tuned up and ready to go.

I just wiped more than a couple seconds of my best time at Suzuka so I think this one is not too bad.

Send me a PM and you can have this all to yourselves over the weekend until i get back from holiday.. but be quick I wont be online for more than another hour or 2 tops !! :)

Regs,
888 Tuning

I think you stole any customers I had LOL. I better get onto some new cars to release. I believe I have a few.;)

Hello 888. I have been thinking about what car should i get for those new 750PP Races. I was wondering about Amuse S2000 or Blitz... Tuned Z06 is interesting also.
I would really appreciate if you could help me a bit with car choosing and tuning.

Cheers!

Hey there 888. Honestly all of the cars mentioned in this thread are of interest to me. I tend to jump around a lot. My main concern right now is beating S7, S10, and S? (the F40 race). So any setups that would work for those races would be great for starters. I don't seem to have access to PMs right now (maybe because I'm a new member???) so if you have trouble sending me a message, I can provide an email address.

Thanks!

Hmm I have seem to hit a wall with my stability and speed with a tuned CO6 on Daytona. I was wondering if i could get some insight here to improve my times ?
Thanks

Car

Tuned corvette CO6
Track: daytona oval.
PP 750

Okay, I PM's 888 and asked for the 700pp F430 and A8 setups to try out. No chance to try the A8 yet, but I just took a break from my first F430 session. Full review to follow, but it will brief, since there is almost nothing negative to say!

Brilliant. It had fantastic grip, great pace, and really nice feel through my Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo steering wheel set (I was a beta tester for these excellent, not perfect, wheels. Can't wait to try the final production version soon!) BTW, what controller do you use? I'd love to get the tweaking expertise of a G25 driver sometime too, as these often have differences from controllers. I figured I'd have to bump the steering angle from 35 to 40 or so for my 900 degree rotation wheel, but the 35 felt great at least on standard physics. I'll try expert races with pro physics when I get a few more laps in. Driving with aids off save ABS at 1.

Anyway, awesome job. Only issue I had since I used your Suzuka setup on HSR is maybe to tweak the gearing? I'm hitting the rev limiter (~9k!) in 6th mid-way through the high speed turn, and it bounces down a few hundred and then I often get passed in that split second. Also was hoping this setup would work for the S events too, but the first 700pp one I tried (Suzuka, forget if it's S-5, etc..?) has a limit to R1 tires, and that kills my breaking distance it seems since yours is set up for R3. Just bumping the bias up didn't cut it so I'll need advice or to play with that for the events.

Anyway, I felt totally at home in the new online 700pp intermediate events just getting to know this car, and was always near the top of the pack. Won one, and save for a couple of dumb mistakes that caused a spin, I could have won others too.

I think you stole any customers I had LOL. I better get onto some new cars to release. I believe I have a few.;)

Well I have to say I have driven both cars from both tuners.... without a doubt both have mad skills. Maybe it is just the thread name. I know it took me a few days before I checked out the Lion's Den. I had no idea that it was a tuning thread.... maybe i should have read the rest of the title.:scared:

Well I have to say I have driven both cars from both tuners.... without a doubt both have mad skills. Maybe it is just the thread name. I know it took me a few days before I checked out the Lion's Den. I had no idea that it was a tuning thread.... maybe i should have read the rest of the title.:scared:

That's good to hear we are both good. The more good tunes out there the better for our GTP racers. I haven't driven a 888Tuning car yet (obviously because I do my own tunes), but I sure would like to race him, battle of the garages.:lol:

888...... just gave the F430 tune a bash around Suzuka in a 750PP time trial.

My overall feeling with the car was it is quite different to how i'd tune, but with some time in the seat and a few different lines, the 430 came alive, with me taking nearly 3 seconds off my best time previously at the circuit to come in at a 2.12.6.

Turn in is crisp, mid corner speed is good to great with a nice tuck to the front end on liftoff, without the snap oversteer that i usually would feel in such situations. The turn in stability coming into 1-2 is greatly improved also.

thanks again for the base tune, i've really got a good base to move from now.

Now...... the R8....

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BALL TEARER!!!!

The R8 is a joy to drive....... so predictable, so sharp, even when lifting off any speed it just seems to wash off and tuck the nose with minimum fuss...... making mid speed apex's nearly a non event. It lacks a little grunt, but through the esses at Suzuka it is simply sublime.

How fast? 2.12.492......... nearly 3 tenths quicker than i have managed in the F430 (over 100 laps in the F430 trying to get it right).... with the base setting, i haven't even started to tweak yet.

Superb tune 888.

osg
Now...... the R8....

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BALL TEARER!!!!

The R8 is a joy to drive....... so predictable, so sharp, even when lifting off any speed it just seems to wash off and tuck the nose with minimum fuss...... making mid speed apex's nearly a non event. It lacks a little grunt, but through the esses at Suzuka it is simply sublime.

How fast? 2.12.492......... nearly 3 tenths quicker than i have managed in the F430 (over 100 laps in the F430 trying to get it right).... with the base setting, i haven't even started to tweak yet.

Superb tune 888.
Yes, I'll be trying the R8 today; can't wait! Like I said above, I loved the F430 . I did end up changing the steering angle up from 35 to 40 last night- felt it gave me more forgiveness and recovery ability with my 900 degree wheel. Otherwise it was sublime. Can't wait to review the R8.

Oh, and BTW, if you'd like a request, how about a Ford GT? I like to try one tuned for that S event that requires it (base GT, not the LM test car.) In fact, I still have a lot of S events to complete (online is too fun!), so anything you'd suggest tuned to run these events with the tire limitations etc... they impose would be useful.

888 Tuning,

I have been running your Audi R8 setup recently, but online in Arcade mode because of the 750 limit I just knew I won't keep up because like you have mentioned this car losses out on the straights but in corners... man this thing is fast, and your setup made me even more faster because I can push the car more than I used to. Your gear ratio's are spot on for Suzuka but I had to change them a little bit for Fuji because of the long string there I was maxing 6th gear to early. Another tweak I did and this is only because of my driving style, I upped the breaks to 7 F/B.

Overall I was greatly impressed with your setup if I were to comment on one thing, I felt at times when I was exiting a corner the gear end occasionally felt slippery but nothing like a FR car and nothing you can't handle with a little throttle control.

Excellent setup.

Next up, Ferrari F430 you think you could PM me that setup ?

Back