888 Tuning. .closed for good.

• Thread starter 888 Tuning
  • 400 comments
it was on the jpn version though, the online races are much faster there, the time trials and settings seem to work normal, so this would mean a 2:04 or 05 on PALgame i guess.

Huh?

Since when was there any difference in performance based on region? I own both games and I have not noticed this. Also the rankings are global, how does that fit in?

Anyway 888, ever thought of posting one of your better setups so people can get a taste of your work? I'd love to try one but I don't want to request something just so I can try it out and maybe never use it again.

Huh?

Since when was there any difference in performance based on region? I own both games and I have not noticed this. Also the rankings are global, how does that fit in?

Anyway 888, ever thought of posting one of your better setups so people can get a taste of your work? I'd love to try one but I don't want to request something just so I can try it out and maybe never use it again.

Its like this ever since, at least for me and couple of other guys who I asked if they experience the same. The Online Events were speaking for suzuka 700pp races about 5 seconds faster per lap, have you really looked at it ? It doesnt feel any faster, non the less i run always a few sec faster on the JP... also when I lead the pack im doing the same times as i would being behind :) However this is not true for the TimeTrials... they are the same than EU !!
I hope getting a tune for the EVO X soon , my own setup feels good , but I cant improve it myself, its too slow. Or am I??:sly:

also when I lead the pack im doing the same times as i would being behind :)

Well I can tell you 100% that this is wrong. There is catch up logic at work in the JPN game, when in front my times drop by over 5 seconds. Also it should mean that I should be able to go much faster in races than in the TT right? That would mean that in races I would be doing one record lap time after another, which is not the case.

BTW I do almost all my racing in the pro suzuka events.

Well I can tell you 100% that this is wrong. There is catch up logic at work in the JPN game, when in front my times drop by over 5 seconds. Also it should mean that I should be able to go much faster in races than in the TT right? That would mean that in races I would be doing one record lap time after another, which is not the case.

BTW I do almost all my racing in the pro suzuka events.

I thought he meant he was doing the same times leading the pack in JPN version as he would when behind in PAL version. Saying that despite the online boost/restraint, he's still going just as fast in JPN as he would in PAL without online boost.

haha Noooooo... will only be public if you guys post it up here as I will PM you the settings.. but then I cant stop you giving those out, but all of a sudden you lose that advantage. This racing is serious business!! :)

Grenadeshark:
Good to see the car is more driveable and we could save some time.. I will see if we can get a little more precision through the turn 3/4 complex as I think this is where you will make up that last bit of time your chasing... hope it didnt take too much time to re-acquaint yourself with the new settings.

Ofspunk7:
If you want to play with your settings, below is where you need to look.. Your spot on with the gearing, they feel perfect, very sweet indeed.
spring 5/4
damper 3/3
toe +0.04/-0.11
camber 1.0/2.2
The oversteer you have was frightful !! and thats what I am focusing on getting rid of.

The NSX is rear engined so you need to beef up the springs and damper at the rear of the car, so try swapping your settings.. maybe 5/7 for spring and 4/7 for damper

Your toe settings also need to be swapped around as this is contributing to the Oversteer (a lot!!)
Camber settings are not too bad, but i find anything too far past 2 in the back will contribute to unsettling the rear of the car under brakes, which will have an impact on HSR.. maybe drop that to 2.0 The NSX really is a sweet handling car...

Will be back on my playstation in another 9 hours and will finish off the tunes... at this rate I will need to employ another tuner !! :sly:

888 Tuning.

Thought that I would throw in an update.

Tweaked the NSX a little bit on the suspension. Then I sat down for the S-Class races again today because I need that F2007 so I can have all of the cars in every color.... anyways. With a bit of your advice I rocked S-1 on my second try today and took S-2 on my first try. Both with the NSX. For S-2 I just maxed it out. I didn't even get to the PP680 (i think that's what S-2 is) range but I took all of the cars pretty easy.

anyways thanks for the change up on the tune I was running. Once again another 888 masterpiece.👍

Thanx for trying to help me out holden :) but that not exactly what i meant.
@ nasanu: I don't want to argue and I believe it when you say you don't experience a difference between the JP and EU game. for me its quite a change though, at the end Im at least 5 secs faster on JP (per lap/suzuka pro) what else? Well JP has some more screen tearing, few slowdowns more and often tremendously clean and close battles on the road like 4 players within 1 sec for whole 3 laps... EUgame is much faster on the matchmaking and has more participants in the races. I could swear there is no catchup on the JP version, how do I have a 2:05xx in the 1st lap leading and then a 2:08xx on the next lap I dropped back to 2nd or 3rd place? For me regarding to the online events JPN is another game and i like it that way... PD messed something up though i guess!? Again its my experience so far :)
Ps: Going to check some tunings now anyway 👍

888 Tuning I am in need of a tune for 600pp Mercedes SL @ Suzuka

I love the way this car drives and sounds, but for some reason the power doesn't appear to be there and I'm getting beat like a drum down the straight when i shouldn't be. You can't adjust the individual gears, just the final drive.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just back from a short but sweet holiday (Up in Need4Holdenspeeds hometown ;) )

I have had a lot of requests for the Audi R8, which is a personal favourite of mine, so this one I will share with all.

Enjoy the -888 Tuning- Audi R8:

Audi R8
Suzuka PP680
Power +16
Weight 85
Tires R3 / R3
Aero NA
Ride Height -18 / -18
Spring 6F 8R
Damper 6F 8R
Toe -0.10 /+0.05
Camber 1.0 / 1.5
Brakes 5 / 5
Torque Split n/a
Steering Angle 35
Traction OFF
ABS 1
1st 4.373
2nd 2.709
3rd 1.878
4th 1.411
5th 1.126
6th 0.928
Final Gear: 4.181

With all the reqests I have received, I have had to take on another member for 888 Tuning.
I am pleased to annouce we have now officially doubled in size as Ofspunk7 has joined our ranks after demonstrating his abilities to tune a car for me. :)
All cars will still be customs, and all still maintain our ethos of great balance and a base for you to grow as a driver.

With all the reqests I have received, I have had to take on another member for 888 Tuning.
I am pleased to annouce we have now officially doubled in size as Ofspunk7 has joined our ranks after demonstrating his abilities to tune a car for me. :)
All cars will still be customs, and all still maintain our ethos of great balance and a base for you to grow as a driver.

LOL, I already predicted you'd do this a few pages ago.;) I guess I really am an "industry" expert.:sly: Congrats on a new member, have fun Ofspunk7.

888 Tuning I am in need of a tune for 600pp Mercedes SL @ Suzuka

I love the way this car drives and sounds, but for some reason the power doesn't appear to be there and I'm getting beat like a drum down the straight when i shouldn't be. You can't adjust the individual gears, just the final drive.

Thanks

Hey Earth,

Its a bit tough if I dont know what your setup is.. but you are right, great car to drive, just lacks a little straight line speed.
I had a play with this in the Suzuka 600 and found a bit of a happy medium with the weight and power settings -13 power 105%weight, on R2 Tires. Gearing I have maxed the final drive but not sure yet if this will hit the rev limiter when slip streaming.
May not be the most competetive car in this class ;) but a nice drive and will do ok.

Hope this helps.

888 Tuning

Ok, had some testruns with the F430 on 600pp PRO suzuka race.
Its really a pleasure driving this tune! No understeer, no oversteer... just perfectly balanced. The gears are flawless too.
Only downside is it felt a bit weak from the engine side, but thats due the downtuning to reach the 600pp limit I guess.
Really impressive! 👍 750/700pp review to follow. Cannot say any more because I wouldn't want any change, its so nice drive!

Now Id like to request a tuned Clio setup, por favor.
I think my biggest problem with the Renault is the short wheelbase resulting in wayyyyy to much oversteer.
Hope you can figure out something for me. ;)
[edit]
Oh almost forgot you working on a EVOX tune already, do you?
LOL just take your time, the EVO would be kinda interresting, the Clio is a bigger miracle for me however....:D

Oh almost forgot you working on a EVOX tune already, do you?
LOL just take your time, the EVO would be kinda interresting, the Clio is a bigger miracle for me however....:D

Thanks for the feedack :)

Was working on the EVOx.. and can only tune so many cars in the time i have available. :)

AWW, I was going to offer some help here but as seeing how another person wanted to be generous enough with this I will just watch from the sides. If you do need more help just drop me a PM and tell me what to do to rpove myself to you.

Hey guys, If you have been to The Lions Den thread recently you will know we are having the first of our Tuner Shootouts.
Im looking for a capable racer to take the 888 Tuned Suzuki Swift out for a flogging against the TLD car.
Track is Suzuka and the car is tuned to be in the PP500 class (professional physics)
If youd like to have a crack at this post up and let me know !! : )

As for the car, I have just been punting it around Suzuka in the P500 races and its been punishing the other cars racing there at the moment (but that may have something to do with the other cars :) )

Free custom 1 off tune of your choice to whoever races on behalf of 888 Tuning.

And you will be noted as our first Factory Driver :P

Regs,
888 Tuning

Isn't that what you offer all your customers?:P

LOL that's what I thought :P

However, just wanted to give some more feedback for the F430 as promised.... I just love it, sweet! 3 races suzuka750 = 2 second places, 1 victory.👍
Thank you 888!

*You looking for drivers eh? lets see that Swift tuned, if i can handle it Id be happy to drive for one of you ;)
... the challenge will be to meet up with the contender anyway - guess Timetrials won't work,or are there any 500pp trials ?:confused:

You guys should create a new Sticky Thread
"Tuner Battles - The Lion's Den versus 888 Tuning"

:)

Probably could go in the GT5P Race Events forum too, someone should organise such a thread and start taking down names, set the rules etc.

Isn't that what you offer all your customers?:P

lol yep.. and they are all free too. It was a small attempt at some humour.

I will PM TLD and work out some rules and how we run this Suzuki Tuners Challenge and we will get a thread posted up. : )

Thanks for all the support guys

Gidday 888

I'm ripping my hair out trying to get through s-10 in the GT LM.

Tried a setting recommended on another site and it is just not competitive enough but worked well for the s-7 event. This is what I've been using and got second easily after a few attempts for the s-7 race. (0.6 behind the first car)

Power: -31
Weight: 85%
Aerodynamics: 15F 25R
Height: -12F -12R
Springs: 6F 6R
Damper: 6F 6R
Toe: 0F 0R
Camber: 3.0 F 2.6R
Brake: 5F 6R
Turn: 40
TCS: 5
ABS: 3
1st: 46
2nd: 70
3rd: 98
4th: 125
5th: 150
6th: 195
Final: 5.000

I'd also like to say I'd like to slap the programmers of this generally brilliant game. Why am I being penalised when another car rams me and would be nice if those cars we penalised as well........ Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Cramer repeats the words "serenity now". I have been so close yet so far and it is usually short cut penalties or some other car ramming me that sets me too far behind.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hope it helps those trying to get through s-7... reasonable tune!!!!

Hi Mate, gimme a little time and I think i can sort that out.. are you finding it a little oversteery on lift of throttle by chance ??

Gidday 888

I'm ripping my hair out trying to get through s-10 in the GT LM.

Tried a setting recommended on another site and it is just not competitive enough but worked well for the s-7 event. This is what I've been using and got second easily after a few attempts for the s-7 race. (0.6 behind the first car)

Power: -31
Weight: 85%
Aerodynamics: 15F 25R
Height: -12F -12R
Springs: 6F 6R
Damper: 6F 6R
Toe: 0F 0R
Camber: 3.0 F 2.6R
Brake: 5F 6R
Turn: 40
TCS: 5
ABS: 3
1st: 46
2nd: 70
3rd: 98
4th: 125
5th: 150
6th: 195
Final: 5.000

I'd also like to say I'd like to slap the programmers of this generally brilliant game. Why am I being penalised when another car rams me and would be nice if those cars we penalised as well........ Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Cramer repeats the words "serenity now". I have been so close yet so far and it is usually short cut penalties or some other car ramming me that sets me too far behind.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hope it helps those trying to get through s-7... reasonable tune!!!!

Yeah definately once you back off on the accelerator and apply brakes especially at speed, the car dances like Peter Allen singing "When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio" hahahahahaha. It also pulls up poorly say one a high speed straight into a left hand turn.

I backed off the traction control down to 2 and this seems to help a little powering out of corners, I still have to work hard around the corners to keep it holding a decent line. Most of them require full std controller deflection and i tend to use the lack of traction to accelerate out of corners and or reposition the car.

Also on the straights I have no chance at passing most of the competition I tend to make up places through the corners.

I am using standard physics driving line on.

God forbid it I might try and use the 111r haha

Any help for this wood duck will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Nah not good, 2 laps 2min 10 secs best lap with clean run and 21 seconds behind 1st car...gotto look for something else

Thanks again for offering to help

Cheers

MArk

I'm just about ready to start a thread in the GT5:P Race Events forum. What we'll do is, make it strictly our 2 cars in each event (whatever those cars may be at the time). We'll post links to our own garage where the tune is posted and set a time for a race. The racers (probably us included) can declare which car they'll be using for the event i the thread. Then we go and have a race flooded with our tunes. I don't think we could do it too often. If we do it only occasionlly then people will likely pounce on the chance to represent one of our garages at each one, and be a part of the tuner showdowns.👍 I say forget time trial, we'll have proper races. I considered colour coding our cars. i.e. Telling everyone to buy my car in red and yours in blue (red vs blue, get it?:P) But then who are we o dictate what colour they buy their cars in?

Latest Posts

Back