90's DTM- FINISHED

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 2,928 comments

What shall we do about tyre wear?

• Total voters
At least you have another option, people can swap teams if they dont have the cars but keep looking.

I may have to resort to that, ive done it loads and have got 500 different versions of the MX-5 and countless more of the Skyline along with the other rubbish :/

I dont live on GT5, I do sleep occasionally too you know! :D and refereshing the list takes about 2 minutes, I went on licenses, clicked on the first one and went along the first 5, think its quicker than starting an A-spec race 5 times, so spend an hour refreshing and youll have 30 new lists :) eventually it has to come up.

Haha, well keep trying :) I did some laps round DFR and the Astra seems a lot faster than the rest, it did a 1.13.554, Alfa - 1.14.132, Merc - 1.14.345 and Calibra 1.14.819, seems like a big difference, going to change the oil and see if it makes a difference.

I was concerned the astra might be the best, I could put the slower drivers in the astra though :)

I was concerned the astra might be the best, I could put the slower drivers in the astra though :)
Did I say Astra? My mistake, I meant Alfa, yes.. the Astra did a 1.20 really, I would put all the fast drivers in the Astra :D

Berty, as in any championship, there is always going to be some driver/car combination that is quicker then the rest. In order to keep the championship close and interesting as long as possible, will you consider some form of simple handicap system. Such as deducting some bhp (may be 30) on the 3 championship leaders. Apply the same handicap on (day 2) both race 3 & 4 (to keep it simple) base on the results of (day 1) race 1 + 2, and so on. To make it easier to run, may be just apply the handicap to the race only and not the qualify. 💡

Last edited:
Just bann the Turbo-Tunings => no Torque advantage due to powerlimiting :D (me think thats the case of the Astra)

I didn´t test the Astra, just because I don´t like the looks of it :D

@Spurgy:
The Opel Cally weighs 1040kg <-- VX Cally 1060kg
Opel Cally has 329kw stock with oil-change <-- VX Cally 351kw (swo-c)

So that´s the difference between them :D
VX an Opel Astra are totally the same me think (stock at least don´t know if a Turbo gives one an advantage).

Sakery - Ok, didnt think there would be much difference, and when I tested the Astra, I didnt use a turbo, but youre right it does go faster with a low end turbo, by about .5 of a second.

Thats decided it! We have to put the professional drivers on team mercedes and the slow coaches on the Astra :D

Last edited:
Now we know you are a serious racing driver you are doomed to get the slower cars every time :D

@ Sakery, the reason the Vauxhall weighs more is because its british so it needs cup holders and a tea urn for the drivers.....tally, bally, ho! :D

Bret, are you going on later to test the touring cars? Im really bored and if youre not Ill just go on the xbox instead :D

I will be on shortly but I will be probably running a mixed racing room in a public lobby, join in if you like mate.

We had a good testing session mate, this should provide some awesome close racing 👍
Teams are definatley going to be re hashed though 👍

Hey Guys,

What time (UK Time) will the race be on the 21st??

Its my wife's birthday, so just need to make sure if I will be available.

Thanks

Hey Driver, Quali and races will be 915pm gmt for about an hour (if your short on time). Room will be open about 9 for me to set up etc.
Dont worry if its a problem, we dont want to be responsible for an angry missus :D

That's going to be around 11pm for me, should be back from dinner before then....cool.

oh...and don't worry about the missus, I am always in trouble.....the joys of combining online play with marriage...mmmm.

Last night I took the Astra around Deep Forest to get a feel for the car. Had it on 400bhp with racing hards. Took me a few laps to adjust....did a 13.8(something)....is this OK, are you guys quick?

The car was under-steering a lot, I need a car that's really loose, so I will have to work on set up.

Last edited:
11pm? Whats the time difference then, I assumed you would be a lot earlier than that mate.
1.38 is pretty quick actually so you will be ok there, we are going to re shuffle the teams soon so if there is another car you want to try keep your eye on the thread and let us know. I am trying to get the really quick drivers in the merc because during testing we noticed that the racing was really close when we did this.
Hope to see you tomorrow for the pre season 👍

Ooooh forgot about pre season :lol: been rather busy as of lately :D

Back