90th Anniversary Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours, 22-23 June 2013.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,428 comments
They're waving the central german flag upside down :lol:.

Also, great to see Pescarolo Sport flags being waved on the track. ALLEZ PESCAROLO!

It's been one lengthy race (first time I've sat through more than half of it. I spent the first 10 hours or so not sleeping and not knowing Le Mans was even on. :banghead: Came out to find that Allan Simonsen had passed away in the race... (R.I.P Allan Simonsen) It's a shame that Aston Martin couldn't win in their class for Allan, and it's a shame that there were so many safety cars. But it was an interesting race for sure. It's been really fun watching the race and sharing the experience here at GTP. :cheers:

The flags are for the manufacturers. Is the upside down flag on purpose for mourning? An upside-down American flag means danger or emergency. Is it that way for Germany too? Or just spiteful French?

The flags are for the manufacturers. Is the upside down flag on purpose for mourning? An upside-down American flag means danger or emergency. Is it that way for Germany too? Or just spiteful French?

I don't think so :D

Nah, stupid Eurosport commentators.

"Jacky Ickx is Mr. Le Mans even though TK has more victories".

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Mr. Le Mans is Henri Pescarolo, no discussion :D

Great words by TK. Really disappointed by the Aston guys, can't believe they had such a clear shot at the win and blew it.

Jacky Ickx is a legend.

Nothing more, nothing less can be said about that man.

Oh, no doubt about it. Not trying to take away anything from him other than the Mr. Le Mans tittle because I seriously think it is more fitting for Henri Pescarolo. After all, Henri has been at Le Mans as a driver, as team owner and today all his efforts are still guided by nothing else than passion for the track at La Sarthe. Gosh, he even based his team at La Sarthe.

AudiR18ToyotaTS030AstonMartinGTE_zps81234cc5.png

Enjoy folks, my parting gift to the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans. The finish of the winning Audi R18 #2, the 2nd place finishing Toyota TS030 #8, and the Aston, for reasons we all sadly know.

Its been a pleasure to discuss this at length with you all, once again, love watching Le Mans with GTP :)👍 :gtpflag:

Now bring on 2014, Audi, Toyota, and Porsche. :drool:

On a side, note, this race I shall solely remember in the memory of Allan Simonsen. Race In Peace.

(Apologies for the poor quality, best I could muster from the live streams.)

I found it really nice how the 3 podium spots were all united by one thing.

It's sad that it was by death :(

Back