90th Anniversary Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours, 22-23 June 2013.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,428 comments
  • 228,898 views
GTEpro and GTEam i press my thumbs for the vettes. LMP1, i hope audi gets a real challenge with toyota this year. LMP2, i have no clue.
 
Well, none of the provided links work but I'm at work. I'll try them out later at home, which is where I'll watch the race come weekend. Thanks guys! I hope to join in on the insanity that is every year's LeMans thread here in GTP 👍
 
#66 Ferrari in the barriers
 
What corner?

just after Porsche curves

Rear end damage

Edit:- #31 Kolles Lotus out on track, #32 is still in bits.
 
Last edited:
Lotus cars have been rebuilt. Yay!

Well one, the other is missing an engine.

The #48 Murphy Prototype Caterham has huge damage to the rear, they don't look in a rush to repair it either.
 
60th Anniversary of the Orange*. :lol:

*Duncan Hamilton, the winner of the 1953 Le Mans, was given an orange in his car to eat during the Pit Stops, because he was allegedly drunk and needed something to sober him up. He didn't eat it, so classed it as good luck as he won the race. Now his Grandson, Archie Hamilton, who is driving in the G-Drive LMP2 car this year has an orange in his car too, supposedly the same orange, to give him good luck.

The commentators on Eurosport were thrilled to remember the story of the Orange. I mean, how long can fruit live for?...
 
Last edited:
Boy those Astons look good


Edit:- Red Flag for #57 Krohn Racing, Tracy was driving at the time and it was a big impact he looks to be walking around OK.
 
Last edited:
#57 Krohn Racing have just had a big off, after the Dunlop Bridge. Wreck.

Red flag's out.
 
Yukon
#57 Krohn Racing have just had a big off, after the Dunlop Bridge. Wreck.

Red flag's out.

Gravel trap Tracy strikes again I presume
 
It was indeed Tracy - and here's a replay.

 
Any streams gents?

wait has it finished? :(
 
Lotus have got their parts back:

LeMansStream
: Re Lotus: the parts seized by bailiffs have been returned to the team, the courts having adjudged the allegations to be reasonless
 
I'll be surprised if that car (Krohn) isn't totalled. Can they change to a second (Reserve) car/chassis?
 
I'll be surprised if that car (Krohn) isn't totalled. Can they change to a second (Reserve) car/chassis?

Yes, if they can get their hands on a chassis they can change everything over.

JLOC did it a few years back 👍
 
Yukon
It was indeed Tracy - and here's a replay.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OoDLXlUA6Q">YouTube Link</a>

Owwww. Well if anyone can afford a replacement car, it's Tracy.
 
Did anyone just see the story of the #3 old Vette at Le Mans live? Amazing, I love these stories of lost and found historic cars.
 
In your opinion which is the best stream? I'm using at the moment the ACO one at Dailymotion, but they switch between a french and an english narrator and I just can't stand listening to that french guy! :lol:

Did anyone just see the story of the #3 old Vette at Le Mans live? Amazing, I love these stories of lost and found historic cars.

I almost shed a tear. You could feel the car proud and happy of being back at its old battleground 👍
 
I hope we get to see some on track action for qualifying. :nervous:
 
Yeah, those static cameras are really boring. I guess it's vipbox.tv for me since I've no computer.
 
Yu can catch them on Youtuve sometimes but you better stay of the forums if you don't want any spoilers. Speed Channel is covering most of it but not all of it. I will wqatch the Speed Channel coverage, but starting on Monday I will be scanning Youtube for the 8 hr full tapes. A lot of races are uploaded to Youtube,bu races like this 1 are most definitely on Youtube in HD! 👍

I personally am going to try 1 of these Euro Sport Channels live streams tho' :sly:
 
Tough break for Krohn Racing. I hope they can get the car repaired before Saturday. Definitely looks like some heavy damage was done.
 
So the Toyotas are expecting to run 12 lap stints, and Audi 10. The Audi's still seem to be at least 4 seconds a lap faster. I think the gap still is a bit too big, way too big actually. Hoping Toyota can show some real pace today.
 
They aren't 4 seconds off pace. The times they ran today being representative would mean they're slower than last year's car.
 
The GTe Pro class looks like it will be fantastic, the first 7 cars are separated by only one second.
 
Back