90th Anniversary Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours, 22-23 June 2013.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,428 comments
freshseth83
Thats the obvious part of the issue. You should know theres always more than one side to a story.

If it's that obvious then what other side is there? It's pretty cut and dry: pay off the debts or Kolles doesn't race

Shoe67
Yes. Does anyone know exactly how much straight line speed it gains for them? (I'm assuming that is the purpose of the aero package)

I believe they were talking about the center fin which would increase there straight line stablity without sacrificing top speed I believe. I'm just spit balling here btw!,..

So, if my calculations are correct, the race will be starting at 9:00 AM saturday morning for those of us on the East Coast?

There goes my weekend.

Time for my picks.

LMP1 - #8 Toyota Racing Toyota TS030 Hybrid (I support both cars equally, but I had to with one of them.)

LMP2 - #38 Jota Sport Zytek Z11SN-Nissan (I've got a feeling about this one.)

GTE Pro - #74 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C6.R (Because Corvette Racing.)

GTE Am - #76 IMSA Performance Matmut Porsche 997 GT3-RSR (I've never really supported Ferrari, and I'm not about to start.)

race'emhard
Time for my picks.

LMP1 - #8 Toyota Racing Toyota TS030 Hybrid (I support both cars equally, but I had to with one of them.)

LMP2 - #38 Jota Sport Zytek Z11SN-Nissan (I've got a feeling about this one.)

GTE Pro - #74 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C6.R (Because Corvette Racing.)

GTE Am - #76 IMSA Performance Matmut Porsche 997 GT3-RSR (I've never really supported Ferrari, and I'm not about to start.)

Labre Corvette Entry is going to be Matmuts competition all the way think. I rooting for a podium for Waltrip Racing or Patrick Dempsey Racing. Corvette is my pick for GTE PRO and for any LMP2 with Playstation Sponsership I'm rooting for. In LMP1 I'm hoping to see if Anthony Davison can complete his stints without accident or incendent this year. To me that will be a victory enough for him as far as I'm concerned.

If Dempsey can keep it on the road, I think Patrick Long could get their car on the podium.
They seem to have A LOT of support from Porsche. And I mean more than usual.

My gte am pick has to be 8Star. They're underdogs, but I think they can win out of sheer durability.

My preview:
LMP1
I can't look past the #1 Audi here. Andre and Benoit are simply the best Audi drivers and the Toyota doesn't look like it will quite be able to keep up. The #12 Rebellion will be well clear of the other privateers but still well behind the Audis and Toyotas that run without major trouble.

LMP2
Very competitive and deep category. My picks are the #25 and #26 ADR-Delta cars, the #49 Pecom Racing and Jota #38. But the OAK cars should be strong too and the #48 Murphy car has two very strong drivers in Hartley and Chandhok. A Lola or Lotus won't win, but pretty much every other car has some sort of chance.

GTE-Pro
The #97 and #99 Astons are the clear favourites here as the extra 20kg shouldn't hinder their pace too much. The two AF Corse Ferraris and the two Corvettes should be competitive as well.

GTE-Am
The Danish-driven Aston (#95) should be the favourite here with strong drivers and a fast car. The #61 AF Corse has the strongest Ferrari lineup and should challenge. The #50 Larbre, #81 8Star AF Corse, the IMSA Performance cars and the Proton cars will be competitive too.

Last edited:
As far as LMP1, Audi all day, but I think TK, Mcnish, and Duval will win it all.

And in GT, I would love to see the vipers win, but it will most likely be a Corvette. As long as a Ferrari doesn't win I'm ok with it 👍

Excited for this :D (See my sig for whom I'm rooting for).
I wish Pescarolo Sport competed as that is my favourite team for Le Mans :(.
LMP2, I couldn't really care, to be honest.
I reckon Corvette will win GT and I to go for Corvette.

Based of the history and this current year the Vette has the most wins in this era, but the Ferrari's are always fast, and this year now the Aston Martins are the car to beat. The way things are shaping up I expect the GTE Pro category to be the one that keeps me intreseted all the way to the end here. The Chevy, Aston, Ferrari, and Porsche are all equal conteders with watching the Viper's race unfold for the better hopefully for extra excitement. Of course the whole 24 grid is good to watch but I think the GTE Pro class has the most equal chances of any manufactor taking home a win this year in particular! And that goes for the GTE Am class as well! 👍

I think I'll do my favorite, and then my pick for the win

LMP1- Rebellion; A great bunch of guys, saw them race earlier in the year. Really hope they can snag a podium
Audi #2 should see the top step of the podium. That whole crew really want another win, and if it rains, I reckon they'll be quicker than the Fassler, Treluyer, and Lotterer.

LMP2- Tough call on this one. I really hope that the #24 Courage (Oh, we call it Oak now? Oh no, wait, Morgan) take it. Conquest Endurance was my Favorite LMP2 team, so if the 24 or even Plowman get the win, I'll be psyched.
Not sure if one can pick a clear winner, but I'm putting my money on the G-Drive cars.

GTE Pro- I feel like the #97 Aston Martin can bring it home. Their line-up is stacked, along with the 99. Ill be rooting for AMR the whole way.

GTE Am- While I hope that Dempsey-Del Pirro win the race, I feel like it will fall into the hands of 8star, or AF Corse.

I don't really consider GTE Pro and GTE Am to be separate classes, I know they are but I consider them the same class.

I hear you look at the Youtube GTR placing at the Blancpain Silverstone Rd!

I heard someone say the Delta Wing is out in the Green GT is in. I just Youtubed the Green GT or whatever its called and I would rather much watch that thing go around the track then the Delta Wing. The Delta Wing is innovative but I can almost guarantee no one else will spend money to build that car so it will die out in a few years anyways imo. I did also take notice to the GTR's that Nissan is fielding this year in it looks like to me that they slipped in a Super GT pass the reg's. That car looks way more like a Super GT then a FIA GT3 chassis. Ill keep my eyes out for that green machine in deed'

joetruckv8
I heard someone say the Delta Wing is out in the Green GT is in.

Both were entered in garage 56, which is supposed to be a testbed for new technology, the Deltawing last year, and the Green GT car this year. Green GT withdrew at the beginning of June due to fears they couldn't get the car ready in time.

RESHIRAM5
I don't really consider GTE Pro and GTE Am to be separate classes, I know they are but I consider them the same class.

If you actually took the time to look at the class and drivers you'd see it differently.

If you actually took the time to look at the class and drivers you'd see it differently.

I do but with this race for some reason, I can't seem to agree with separating classes by drivers unless it's got an overall prize. I just think they are just one big class :dopey:.

Especially since I think they separate the drivers incorrectly.

Last edited:
I do but with this race for some reason, I can't seem to agree with separating classes by drivers unless it's got an overall prize. I just think they are just one big class :dopey:.

Especially since I think they separate the drivers incorrectly.
There's more than just drivers separating the classes, GTE-Am cars are all mandated to be at least year-old cars. It makes a difference, as even the better pro drivers in GTE-Am struggle to match the GTE-Pro cars.
Audi #2 should see the top step of the podium. That whole crew really want another win, and if it rains, I reckon they'll be quicker than the Fassler, Treluyer, and Lotterer.
Hard to see anybody being faster than Lotterer tbh, rain or shine.

But Duval is a good addition to that crew, they should be stronger than last year. If McNish doesn't crash, they will challenge, as the #2 doesn't have a weak link like the #1 has in Fassler.

Last edited:
There's more than just drivers separating the classes, GTE-Am cars are all mandated to be at least year-old cars. It makes a difference, as even the better pro drivers in GTE-Am struggle to match the GTE-Pro cars.

I don't get why they do that though -_-.

Because slightly older cars will be cheaper, allowing privateer teams to enter.

Understandable but I still stand by my opinion because the cars don't have a different performance in them compared to LMP1 and LMP2 and when they did GT1 and GT2.

It's that time of the year again... to start asking around for stream sites for this thing. Even in cable channels, here in Mexico NO ONE airs the race, not even quick overviews or something. Do any of you knows of a good site that will give the race in its entirety? I don't think I'll be able to watch the entire race, but at least a good 18 hours of it I will.

It's that time of the year again... to start asking around for stream sites for this thing. Even in cable channels, here in Mexico NO ONE airs the race, not even quick overviews or something. Do any of you knows of a good site that will give the race in its entirety? I don't think I'll be able to watch the entire race, but at least a good 18 hours of it I will.

I think you'll be ok with this, hope it's not region-locked. Try it now and you'll know 👍

http://www.lemans-tv.com/

Audi.tv maybe..............

I think you'll be ok with this, hope it's not region-locked. Try it now and you'll know 👍

http://www.lemans-tv.com/

That link is working for me, as well as http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/video/main-gallery/24-hours-of-le-mans-live-qualifying/ . As I write this, announcers are discussing practice (in French and English), and they said qualifying will begin at 8PM (probably around 2PM ET). They just said the #3 Audi spun out in the Dunlop curves, but they don't believe the car hit anything.

Latest Posts

Back