90th Anniversary Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours, 22-23 June 2013.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,428 comments
Not sure, but going to update OP nearer to race time with stream and link information.

Have they covered the full week before :embarrassed:?

They don't show scrutineering and apart from the odd one-two minute ad break, the whole thing is shown. I recall during last years race they said, "Don't go away, we'll be right back!" Literally 5 seconds later they were back, mandatory Rolex ad I guess. :lol: The start of the week we have that '24 Minutes' programme, and the real coverage begins on the Wednesday with Practise and Qualifying.

On Race Day(s), they show the Morning Warm-up Session, the Group C Support Race and the Race coverage itself starts 45 minutes before the Green Flag and ends another 45 minutes after the race. There's not one deadspot during the race where you go without. Pretty awesome.

Le Mans 24 hours 2013 Spotter Guide

LM13_A3_S1_V1.jpg

Am I the only person who thinks Porsche stands a legitimate chance for a win in GTE-Pro?
They were right there on the test day (if you choose to judge by that) as well as pretty close to the pace at Spa.

I remember, but I did better. :sly:
Look again. ;)
Am I the only person who thinks Porsche stands a legitimate chance for a win in GTE-Pro?
They were right there on the test day (if you choose to judge by that) as well as pretty close to the pace at Spa.
Going by the important races so far this season, Aston Martin should walk GTE Pro and win by several laps. They clearly have the fastest cars, the most cars, and top drivers in the #97 and #99. Ferrari and Corvette would be leading the rest of the pack to pick up the scraps.

But that's under the assumption nobody has been sandbagging this season for favourable LM BoP, an assumption that can't be made with any confidence. It's possible Porsche haven't been showing their true pace in the "warm ups", so if they up their pace it would certainly put them in a position to fight for GTE Pro.

They don't show scrutineering and apart from the odd one-two minute ad break, the whole thing is shown. I recall during last years race they said, "Don't go away, we'll be right back!" Literally 5 seconds later they were back, mandatory Rolex ad I guess. :lol: The start of the week we have that '24 Minutes' programme, and the real coverage begins on the Wednesday with Practise and Qualifying.

On Race Day(s), they show the Morning Warm-up Session, the Group C Support Race and the Race coverage itself starts 45 minutes before the Green Flag and ends another 45 minutes after the race. There's not one deadspot during the race where you go without. Pretty awesome.

Haha, yes, I remember those second-ads :lol:.

Here's British EuroSport, EuroSport 2 and EuroSport HD's coverage from 2011:
Code:
Monday 6 June 

1830-1900 Le Mans 24 Minutes Live on British Eurosport 2 & Eurosport HD

Tuesday 7 June

Wednesday 8 June

2100-2300 LIVE practice session on British Eurosport 2

Thursday 9 June

1900-2000 & 2100-2300 LIVE qualifying on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

Friday 10 June 

Saturday 11 June

0800-0900 LIVE Warm up on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

0900-1000 LIVE Legends Race on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

1315-1345 Le Mans 24 Minutes Live on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

1345-1515 LIVE Le Mans 24 Hours on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

1515-1930 LIVE Le Mans 24 Hours on British Eurosport 2

1900-1930 Le Mans 24 Minutes Live on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

1930-2130 LIVE Le Mans 24 Hours on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

2130-2300 LIVE Le Mans 24 Hours on British Eurosport 

2300-0000 LIVE Le Mans 24 Hours on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

Sunday 12 June

0000-0830 LIVE Le Mans 24 Hours on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

0830-0900 Le Mans 24 Minutes on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

0830-0900 LIVE Le Mans 24 Hours on British Eurosport 2

0900-1045 LIVE Le Mans 24 Hours on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

1045-1200 LIVE Le Mans 24 Hours on British Eurosport 2

1200-1415 LIVE Le Mans 24 Hours on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

1415-1430 Le Mans 24 Minutes Live on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

Looks like there's been enough to see 👍. Thank god for HD-TV :sly:!

Last edited:
Yes, I'm too lazy to find/write down the 2013 dates :lol:. Anyway, it states that ESP covered the full week in 2011 :lol:.

gogatrs

A factory team with only factory drivers with a Porsche? I can't blame you for thinking that, I think every GTE Pro team stands a chance, maybe not Viper as they're still developing it but the rest is fair game.

@ GTone, I linked all 3 of them but felt it would be too much for some peoples connections. Also version 2 of the guide is out tomorrow.

A factory team with only factory drivers with a Porsche? I can't blame you for thinking that, I think every GTE Pro team stands a chance, maybe not Viper as they're still developing it but the rest is fair game.

Viper is keeping their cards close to chest. They were just given a -10kg weight break and 5 liters additional fuel tank size. Meanwhile Aston Martin was given +10kg weight again (twice since Spa).

They've openly admitted they don't really expect to win, a top 5 would suffice for their efforts. I honestly couldn't pick a car to win, every GTE Pro car is loaded with great drivers and the cars themselves are all quick.. it should be interesting.

Today I saw a bunch of headlines in my RSS feed and realized: Le Mans is here boys!!! The most wonderful time in the yeaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!! :cheers::gtpflag::cheers:

Gonna print the spotter guides, tell everybody to get lost this weekend and get the Red Bulls ready (And celebratory booze for that hard-earned Audi victory!). For now, I'll keep an eye on this thread and leave you guys with this song that may remind you of a certain badass Porsche Motorsport commercial this past weekend :).

Looking forward to watching the race and commenting it here with all the great folk in :gtplanet:.

Last edited:
Nismo's channel on youtube could be streaming the race

Here's the timetable for British Eurosport and Eurosport2, all times are GMT :)👍

Tuesday June 18th
Le Mans 24 Minutes: 7-7.30pm British Eurosport

Wednesday June 19th
Le Mans Free Practice Live (final 2 hours): 5-7pm British Eurosport 2

Le Mans 24 Minutes Live: 8.30-9pm British Eurosport
Le Mans Qualifying Session 1 Live: 9-11pm British Eurosport

Thursday June 20th
Le Mans Qualifying Session 2 Live: 6-8pm British Eurosport
Le Mans 24 Minutes Live: 8-9pm British Eurosport
Le Mans Qualifying Session 3 Live:9-11pm British Eurosport

Friday June 21st
Le Mans 24 Minutes: 9.30-10pm British Eurosport

Saturday June 22nd
Le Mans Warmup Live: 8-9am British Eurosport
Le Mans Legends Race Live: 9-10am British Eurosport
Le Mans 24 Minutes Live: 1.15-1.45pm British Eurosport
Le Mans 24 Hour Race Live: 1.45-9pm British Eurosport
Le Mans 24 Minutes Live: 9-9.30pm British Eurosport
Le Mans 24 Hour Race Live: 9-9.30pm British Eurosport 2
Le Mans 24 Hour Race Live: 9.30-2am British Eurosport

Sunday June 23rd
Le Mans 24 Hour Race Live: 2-8am British Eurosport
Le Mans 24 Minutes Live: 8-8.30am British Eurosport
Le Mans 24 Hour Race Live: 8-8.30am British Eurosport 2
Le Mans 24 Hour Race Live: 8.30-2.15pm British Eurosport
Le Mans 24 Minutes Live: 2.15-2.45pm British Eurosport

Monday June 24th
Le Mans 24 Hour Race Highlights: 5-6.30am British Eurosport 2

Just finished my exams so now I can simply bask in the glory of Le Mans for this week :D.

GO TOYOTA AND ASTON:tup:

I'm glad the 98 and 99 got more pronounced and vivid colours for their windshield stripes. The green for the Senna/Mako car is appropriate too. 👍

freshseth83
They have until the 21st to settle this issue. But the issue remains a mystery.

Not too much of a mystery to me. The courts are preventing them from spending money at the race because of unpaid debts.

Just finished watching a handle full of LM24 promo's tapes on Youtube and I'm ready to get the disscussion on the way!

I'm curious how this "optimized aerodynamics" will work for Audi. Because as I recall from last year, Toyota was beating them in straight line speed.

I'm curious how this "optimized aerodynamics" will work for Audi. Because as I recall from last year, Toyota was beating them in straight line speed.

Hence the Audi Longtail this year?

Not too much of a mystery to me. The courts are preventing them from spending money at the race because of unpaid debts.

Thats the obvious part of the issue. You should know theres always more than one side to a story.

Back