962c a road car aaahhh! Angry

K32
Also you need to notice that this is one of the older Group Cs, winning back LM back in 87, while all the other cars are younger. Nissan's R92CP monster is from 92, 787B comes from 91, and the C9 is from 89.

A lot of people in here seem to not be aware that the Mazda 787B is a car which ran in the second-tier of Group C known as 'Cat.2', hence why it has less power as Cat.2 was for 700kg cars with max 50l of fuel, as opposed to Cat.1 being 800kg with max 100l of fuel.

Basically what LMP675 was to LMP900 = if someone got the car right, they could give the LMP900 cars a lot of trouble like the MG-Lolas did.

I won race on Le Mans with stock 962 just with short gearing (330 kmh). Its phenomenal car, slower from all group C cars but super stable in corners thanks to the low power compared to other cars.
Ive only tried Monza with a stock car (610bhp) on RH tyres. You need to be pretty flawless for the first 3-4 laps to catch the leaders before they pull away. Once you’re in the slipstream it’s pretty easy to pass them and pull clear.

Of course, with a 720bhp car you can destroy the field as the AI puts up little fight. I’ll be interested to see how it goes in a BoP race with almost 800bhp. It’s much more stable than the other Group C cars with power to match.

Think they scanned a late Porsche 962 C (Short Tail) model and used this Porsche 956 livery.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/de/mot...magazin-fia-wec-weltmeister-erfolg-14694.html

Porsche used this livery for the "919 Tribute" Promotion at the Nordschleife.
In GTS it is exact the same livery only without driver names and without the "Bitte ein Bit" combined race name sticker from 1983. (OK, and the Word "Racing" is at a little bit different place :D )

But it's a little bit strange, when livery, car and year doesn't fit :D
Maybe Porsche want PD to use this livery...

Think they scanned a late Porsche 962 C (Short Tail) model and used this Porsche 956 livery.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/de/mot...magazin-fia-wec-weltmeister-erfolg-14694.html

Porsche used this livery for the "919 Tribute" Promotion at the Nordschleife.
In GTS it is exact the same livery only without driver names and without the "Bitte ein Bit" combined race name sticker from 1983. (OK, and the Word "Racing" is at a little bit different place :D )

But it's a little bit strange, when livery, car and year doesn't fit :D
Maybe Porsche want PD to use this livery...

Edit BTW: Stefan Bellof drove the same livery (with car #2) for his record lap in 1983. Porsche used "Racing" instead of "Rothmans" because tobacco advertising was prohibited under certain circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
In GT League events there is no BoP. So as standard the 962C has 610bhp and the XJR-9LM, C9 & R92P an unrealistic 900bhp+. The 787B has 790BHP.

Up the power of the 962C to 720bhp and you can hit the front at Le Mans by lap three. That’s with RH tyres and stock set-up. Can easily lap under 3.30. Top speed is an unassisted 210mph+ before the first chicane, 220mph+ with a slipstream.

In BoP races all the Group C cars have around 800bhp.
In all of this I completely forgot you can Level Up the power. Get’s you a total of 940bhp and almost 250mph at Le Mans.

Have I missed the trying to beat Bellof's record thread?

I've just started with my first target to beat the lesser talked about race lap record of 6:25.91.

I'm trying to make the car how I'd imagine it would be so I've gone for the following config:

Stock horsepower and weight. (610 hp, 850kg)
Minimum downforce
Sports medium tyres
Traction control off

I managed a 6:29.43 in my first run so I think the target is achievable.

EDIT: 6:24.17 in my second run. Less squirrely moment under power and more crucially getting the front end in as early as possible. Getting the car at least close to the apex as the car has such poor grip at low speeds because of the 'old' tyres is a must.

For the 6:11 run I was thinking of going with the following setup to simulate the extra boost in qualy and better tyres:

Increased horsepower and stock weight. (700 hp, 850kg)
Minimum downforce
Sports soft tyres
Traction control off

Last edited:

I've just started with my first target to beat the lesser talked about race lap record of 6:25.91.

I'm trying to make the car how I'd imagine it would be so I've gone for the following config:

Minimum downforce
Sports medium tyres
Traction control off

EDIT: 6:24.17 in my second run. Less squirrely moment under power and more crucially getting the front end in as early as possible. Getting the car at least close to the apex as the car has such poor grip at low speeds because of the 'old' tyres is a must.

For the 6:11 run I was thinking of going with the following setup to simulate the extra boost in qualy and better tyres:

Minimum downforce
Sports soft tyres
Traction control off

Kind of a flawed concept as Bellof did it in a 956 with a setup & tune which will probably not become public knowledge.

It's kinda like people trying to beat Kamui Kobayashi's 3:14 from 2017 with the 2016 TS050 running the high-downforce package from 6hrs of Bahrain which is in the game.

Kind of a flawed concept as Bellof did it in a 956 with a setup & tune which will probably not become public knowledge.

It's kinda like people trying to beat Kamui Kobayashi's 3:14 from 2017 with the 2016 TS050 running the high-downforce package from 6hrs of Bahrain which is in the game.

It's only a bit of fun at the end of the day.

A lot of games seem to make it pretty much impossible to beat Bellof's record in a 956\962 so it looks promising on GTS that it can be done. Which for me is correct as Bellof would've never been as balls to the wall as most of us sim racers who don't need to worry about injury.

Minimum downforce
Sports medium tyres
Traction control off

Minimum downforce
Sports soft tyres
Traction control off

Quite a run if you asked me, did a 6:02 with Sports soft tyres and a 120% power boost! Will look if I can get his run with 100%. Good luck!

Remember the Nordschleife was also a little longer when Bellof did his lap - you drove down on the now GP circuit pit entry, and turned straight back round back of the pits up to the Nordschleife.... adjusted I'd say +15 seconds your lap time.

EDIT: Corrected by GTPorsche

Last edited:
Remember the Nordschleife was also a little longer when Bellof did his lap - you drove down on the now GP circuit pit entry, and turned straight back round back of the pits up to the Nordschleife.... adjusted I'd say +15 seconds your lap time.
The work on the new GP circuit started prior to 1983. His lap was done on the current 12.9 mile loop.

Maybe try with these settings for the 962 C to keep pace with the other Gr C, LMPs and VGTs

3rd stage Power upgrade to max
3rd stage Weight reduction to min
TCS off
ABS default
Front/rear Aero to min
Customisable gearing to 380kph (default ratios)
Lower front/rear ride height by 10
Stiffened front/rear spring to 4.20
Stiffened rear roll bar to 7
Brake bias front -1
Increase brake diff by 10
RS tyres

This lap was done with above settings

All this complaining about the car being too slow, just turn up the power to the max. If you're relying on BOP values, then I have some bad news. Gr.1 BOP is one of the worst balanced in this game due to the different rules and regulations from all the different years of LMPs (not to mention VGTs). It's practically 3 classes in 1 (modern LMP-H, Group C, VGT).

Also I believe PD puts qualifying power figures as default for the other Group C cars, but they put race trim power for the 962C. IRL and in Assetto you can turn up/down boost pressure to adjust power/reliability between quali and race. In GTS the power multiplier serves this purpose.

I'm more concerned about the sound tbh. Here's what it sounds like in Assetto:

And here's the real thing:

The external sound isn't actually that bad, it's there or there abouts, a lot better than we'd expect from Polyphony.

Compare the replace sound to this :
Porsche 962 GROUP C Race Car of Le mans - Pure Sound!

It's pretty close IMO, also in regards to onboards, please note that older onboards and some recent ones sound more 'raw' because of inferior recording equipment. You load any car with about 20,000 worth of recording equipment I guarantee you won't like how things sound.

Last evening there were over 1500 liveries for this car plus over 800 listed as older content. This morning there was 800 plus in both current and older content. The other Group C cars. Don't. They have liveries in 10's and 20 somethings. :crazy:

Last evening there were over 1500 liveries for this car plus over 800 listed as older content. This morning there was 800 plus in both current and older content. The other Group C cars. Don't. They have liveries in 10's and 20 somethings. :crazy:
I like to collect replica liveries. But you have to narrow things down to keep your collection manageable. I’m sticking to authentic short-tail liveries....and I’m already upto 20+.

I like to collect replica liveries. But you have to narrow things down to keep your collection manageable. I’m sticking to authentic short-tail liveries....and I’m already upto 20+.
That's pretty much what I'm doing. Picked up one of two I'm looking for. Now I'm just missing a JDavid livery from 1983 and I'm done.

I wonder what's the difference between PD and Kunos. What is Kunos working with to make the sounds so good? I'm sure that PD doesn't use the wrong sound on purpose, maybe the wrong software/microphone to record it?

I wonder what's the difference between PD and Kunos. What is Kunos working with to make the sounds so good? I'm sure that PD doesn't use the wrong sound on purpose, maybe the wrong software/microphone to record it?
The 962 could have a little more flat-six burble. But I don’t think it’s all that far off. Even has the distinctive ‘clap’ backfire when you go up through the gears. Sauber C9 and 787B were updated and now sound spot on. So these are all work in progress.

Back