A glimpse at GT7 graphics?

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 166 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photomode and in game are totally different levels of detail because it's one car in a pre rendered scene. GT6 Photomode looks impressive but Project Cars on PC for example looks miles better in game. I don't think GT7 will even be able top that because the PS4 is equivalent to a mid range gaming PC..

Photomode and in game are totally different levels of detail because it's one car in a pre rendered scene. GT6 Photomode looks impressive but Project Cars on PC for example looks miles better in game. I don't think GT7 will even be able top that because the PS4 is equivalent to a mid range gaming PC..
The PCars/GT7 comparison will be how they both look on the PS4 though and I'm pretty sure they'll stack up quite closely.

The PCars/GT7 comparison will be how they both look on the PS4 though and I'm pretty sure they'll stack up quite closely.
Hopefully GT7 looks much better, PCars looks hardly better than GT6 to me, honestly, nothing screams nextgen to me and the lighting is several notches behind PDs offerings even on lastgen.

wec01_08.jpg
Did anyone try to recreate this screenshot in GT6 yet?

PCars on PS4 will probably be comparable but against PCars on PC it will likely be pretty inferior. There needs to be a realistic expectation given the hardware the game is going to run on rather than expecting the pinnacle of realism.

Hopefully GT7 looks much better, PCars looks hardly better than GT6 to me, honestly, nothing screams nextgen to me and the lighting is several notches behind PDs offerings even on lastgen.
Realistically one can't the same things with $6Mill that you can do with $60-100Mill so I expect in the subtle details GT7 will be the console winner for the forseeable future. Frankly I'm surprised PCars looks as good as it does given it's relatively microscopic budget used to develop the game for not one but 4 platforms.

I know what you won't be able to do, you won't be able to drive your super duper looking cars on a Nurburgring that looks like so good you can hardly tell it from the real thing...like this:
getphoto4iszh.jpg

Car lighting still looks like it doesn't quite match the environment lighting.

Driveclub is going to give GT7 some much needed competition in lighting and environment/vegetation modeling though. Makes me wonder if PD are planning to implement a full global illumination lighting solution like DC's but have it run at 60fps.

sfbgts.gif

Last edited:
Car lighting still looks like it doesn't quite match the environment lighting.

Driveclub is going to give GT7 some much needed competition in lighting and environment/vegetation modeling though. Makes me wonder if PD are planning to implement a full global illumination lighting solution like DC's but have it run at 60fps.
Don't forget that DC is literally the size of GT5 Prologue in terms of content, so they had more time to polish everything compared to PD.

Don't forget that DC is literally the size of GT5 Prologue in terms of content, so they had more time to polish everything compared to PD.

In terms of car count it's about the same. In terms of tracks, it's not really a comparison. DC has 55 track layouts including reverse versions with more to come for free starting end of this month, while GT5P only had a total of 12 track layouts including its reverse versions and "F1" and "GT" for Fuji. Not even taking into account how much larger and expansive DC's environments are that all support 24h time change and eventually weather.

fvsrmu.gif

Last edited:
All I'm seeing is GT6: PS4 Edition, not GT7.
Looks more like GT5 PS4 Edition to me. :P

I think some hacker literally managed to sneak in the PD Headquarters and found some files for GT7 and shared it online. Must be anonymous, buts that my theory.
image.jpg

I said maybe. Just because I said "maybe" doesn't mean I highly believe it's a GT7 picture. If it's GT6, either this was photoshopped or maybe unreleased filters for photo mode.
Is not a GT picture, it was cleared in this thread, is a real life photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back