A glimpse at GT7 graphics?

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 166 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It´s interesting how many people here are flashed by graphics..... There are millions of points which are much more important than graphics. and Kaz and PD will lose more and more users if they not gonna change many things in GT7. In my opinion there is only minor difference between GT5 and GT6. ( don´t bash me too hard for that.... ;-) Will there be more difference between GT6 and 7 ?!?!?!
For example the fact that there is still only one gap detail on the screen - between me and P1 - who cares about that ? I want to know the time gap between me and the drivers next to me - and not to P1 !
Then physics and the right fedback to the steering wheel. No LAN. No fuel consumption in Arcade Mode.......
I could go on and on.
I think Kaz and his crew should take a closer look at the other racing games. without doubt PD has the tools to create a great game.......next step would be - DO IT !

If not..... Bye bye

Greets,
thorfynn aka Heavy aka Michael

It´s interesting how many people here are flashed by graphics..... There are millions of points which are much more important than graphics. and Kaz and PD will lose more and more users if they not gonna change many things in GT7. In my opinion there is only minor difference between GT5 and GT6. ( don´t bash me too hard for that.... ;-) Will there be more difference between GT6 and 7 ?!?!?!
For example the fact that there is still only one gap detail on the screen - between me and P1 - who cares about that ? I want to know the time gap between me and the drivers next to me - and not to P1 !
Then physics and the right fedback to the steering wheel. No LAN. No fuel consumption in Arcade Mode.......
I could go on and on.
I think Kaz and his crew should take a closer look at the other racing games. without doubt PD has the tools to create a great game.......next step would be - DO IT !

If not..... Bye bye

Greets,
thorfynn aka Heavy aka Michael
Basically you can always blame low amount of RAM for missing features, and I'm pretty sure Yamauchi has actually done that already. GT7 will be a true test for PD.

That first shot looks beautiful and in really high detail.

Seems like the first real shots of the next generation engine GT will be running on plus some early work of Fuji? Fingers crossed, we'll see more at this coming E3!

Seems like the first real shots of the next generation engine GT will be running on plus some early work of Fuji? Fingers crossed, we'll see more at this coming E3!
Was cleared, in this thread, the first picture is real...not GT7...

Are you incapable of reading all the posts directly above you? We've literally said it's a real photo about 10 times.

Thread is desperate for a lock.

hsv
Are you incapable of reading all the posts directly above you? We've literally said it's a real photo about 10 times.

Thread is desperate for a lock.
Once a thread is rolling, anyone new to the thread usually reads the OP and then posts. No need to get upset because someone didn't wade through 120+ posts.

Once a thread is rolling, anyone new to the thread usually reads the OP and then posts. No need to get upset because someone didn't wade through 120+ posts.
It's literally every post for the last 2/3 pages.

I think whatever happens GT7 won't have to worry about graphics (well apart from standard cars *shudders*). Really looking forward to seeing what PD implements in the next installment. I think they are under quite a lot of pressure to deliver this time around.

The OP is wrong, this thread has no meaning...

Reactions: hsv
The OP is wrong, this thread has no meaning...
True, but doesn't change the fact that newcomers usually read the OP then respond, so expect more of the same until someone PM's a mod or hit's "report" on the OP and asks a mod to review and potentially close the thread.

True, but doesn't change the fact that newcomers usually read the OP then respond, so expect more of the same until someone PM's a mod or hit's "report" on the OP and asks a mod to review and potentially close the thread.
OK.

He always feels the need to play 'mr. smarty pants' and make people feel their somehow stupid. He did that to me too in this very thread and it was annoying.

Anyways, if people want this thread to close, PM a mod and their close it. Is that so hard?

He always feels the need to play 'mr. smarty pants' and make people feel their somehow stupid. He did that to me too in this very thread and it was annoying.
Because you made a string of insanely bizarre posts in which you tried to convince yourself and others you had posted the complete opposite of what you originally had done.

Anyways, if people want this thread to close, PM a mod and their close it. Is that so hard?
Surely you're exaggerating now. And you did think it was a mediocre gt6 shot :P

Anyone else think this looks too good for a PS3?

bmw-m4-safety-car-gt6-12.jpg

mario-andretti-hudson-hornet-gt6-first-love.jpg

This is what i considered as a glimpse (pre-release non-finished) photo from PS4 era GPU.
The lightning is gorgeously soft, instead of PS3 hard light (or how to call the uncanny valley effect in GT5/6 for me.)

Anyone else think this looks too good for a PS3?

Gran Turismo bullshots have looked good for a while now, no surprises there.
View attachment 251064

This is what i considered as a glimpse (pre-release non-finished) photo from PS4 era GPU.
The lightning is gorgeously soft, instead of PS3 hard light (or how to call the uncanny valley effect in GT5/6 for me.)
No way dude, just no way. Even current CGI doesn't look that good.

View attachment 251064

That's actually real and not a screenshot...

Gran Turismo bullshots have looked good for a while now, no surprises there.
Maybe because all of them are PS4 renders O:

Not really, but out of all of the reveal shots, that one from the M4 stands out from the rest, it just looks too good for a PS3

Maybe because all of them are PS4 renders O:

Not really, but out of all of the reveal shots, that one from the M4 stands out from the rest, it just looks too good for a PS3
Given PD's coding ability and the power of PS4 I'd be surprised if GT7 doesn't look that good or even better. One of the hints would be the tires in this shot, they were pretty crappy and low-res on PS3, should improve on PS4, though the image is too low-res to properly judge.

Just took a picture of FH2 for comparisons sake. Obviously the lighting conditions couldn't be any more different but still.

getphoto1tsj6.jpg

How am I embarrassing myself?
The guy honestly came ot of left field to me. I admitted that I was wrong and now he feels like he's exposing me. Like, where the **** is this coming from? I find it kind of funny. I responded to that post at 2am and I'm not even going to take seriously.

Sorry to revisit this, but, dude, what are you on about? As far as it relates to you, what is there to expose? The post was clearly not about you - your quote was there simply for context, so that there was no misconstruing what was being discussed. It wasn't even necessarily about who was right or wrong. It was solely about a person making up his own truth - one far removed from reality - and then trying to press it onto others. Furthermore, when others pointed out that there seemed to be some inconsistencies in his perception, he continued to somehow proclaim victory and made out like others were the one's that were confused - and, as evidenced in his future posts, he still clearly did not get it.

As far as I'm aware, you did not do any of that. Sooner or later, everyone is wrong. Simply being wrong doesn't invite critique, so long as the error is acknowledged. In this case, it wasn't even a matter of refusing acknowledgment of error by standing one's ground, it was a refused acknowledgment of error by an active twisting of reality and a retroactive switching of what his stance was. That was the crux of the issue.

In any case, once more, my apologies for bringing this up again but I wanted to clarify, particularly if someone, who was ancillary to the matter, thought that they were, in any way, the focus of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back