A glimpse at GT7 graphics?

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 166 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the grass in the second shot inside the curb, GT6 doesn't have it that detailed no? I think the OP might be right and this is a taste of what's to come graphically.
It is GT6, you cannot see the grass and dandelions on gameplay or replay, but you can in photomode.

Also, the tire skid markings are the same as in GT6.

We found out if the photo is real or not. Turns out I was wrong, though, the first photo is very suspect-able of being fake due to what looks like a filter thrown onto it. I should have looked at the Exif, but it didn't cross my mind. No need to turn this thread into a GT versus the World, ********, slinging contest.

Honestly, this should be locked because we pretty much have everything figured out.

^ Damn! That does look awesome (except the crowd). Good to know GT7 can look even better given the PS4's 50% GPU advantage over XBO.
It will look better because pd are the gods of graphics. I don't buy that ps4 50% advantage business.

About the real life pic not being a glimpse of GT7, but this was quoted to someone else so yeah.
But from what I can read, you are saying it looks like GT6 and the real life picture you now mentioned, you said the following below thinking it is not one so I'm struggling to understand what you think you are correct about?
Seriously?... :irked: Not even close buddy.

Doesn't matter. The fact that he thought I was wrong makes him the wrong one. Never assume Toko is blind again. :sly:

*Dances to his victory*
breakdance.gif

You're right. :drool:

I just love how Forza 5 modeled the Nurburgring. Real or not, it looks amazing. :D *High fives @SimTourist* PD needs to do the same, but atlas, they will just port the Nurburgring like the tracks from GT4.
You do realise the gt5/gt6 version of the nurburgring is still one of the most accurate models out there? Long before forza updated it this year. So if they imported it to gt7 it's not a problem at all.

But from what I can read, you are saying it looks like GT6 and the real life picture you now mentioned, you said the following below thinking it is not one so I'm struggling to understand what you think you are correct about?
Sorry, but what you're talking about? Are you saying that I said I was correct about GT6 being the real pic or......? I'm serioiusly lost on what you're trying to say...

EDIT: Oh now I get it. Yeah that wasn't it, it was something else but I'm too lazy to search through the thread for it right now.

If that was the first screenshot of GT7 then I would collapse with excitement purely because it has my most requested car for GT7, the Toyota TS040-HYBRID 2014, let alone the Audi R18 e-tron 2014.

Also, I know GT7 is going to look astonishing but to think that photo is in-game is surely pushing it a bit.

There is a slight vignette on the photo that's all.

Hard black shadows don't happen in real life, man, cause light bends around stuff.
The sharp shadows are because the cars have such little ground clearance and the light has no real space in which to diffuse the shadow.

The second screenshot is these two exact same cars, but this one has a watermark.
No they are not. The first photo, the real life one, has the Toyota TS040-HYBRID 2014 with an Audi R18 e-tron 2014 behind. The GT6 picture you have with the front of the cars has the older generation of LMP1 cars Toyota TS030 HYBRID 2012 with the Audi R18 TDI 2011 behind. Same companies but completely different cars.

Real life doesn't have funky drawings on the guardrailing and stains on the pavement.
Those funky drawings are reflections on a sheet of slightly warped steel.

Obviously NOT GT7.jpg

Last edited:
This basically. I presume he's trying to save himself the embarrassment of admitting he called a real photo "clearly GT6", expecting much more in GT7. This is one of the "troll GT/PD at all costs" attitudes. :rolleyes:

hsv
This basically. I presume he's trying to save himself the embarrassment of admitting he called a real photo "clearly GT6", expecting much more in GT7. This is one of the "troll GT/PD at all costs" attitudes. :rolleyes:
First of all, I've been through much more embarrassing situations than this one, and second, I don't expect much from GT7 other than graphics. As a matter of fact, I don't expect anything at all from GT7, so go ahead and assume I'm a troll like most here do. :rolleyes:

Also, yes, I'm not embarrassed to admit at calling a real photo GT6: PS4 Edition, which I bet GT7 will excatly be if Kaz doesn't step up his game. Conversation over, I got better stuff to do than argue on a fourm in the internet where the high and mighty tends to be.

First of all, I've been through much more embarrassing situations than this one, and second, I don't expect much from GT7 other than graphics. As a matter of fact, I don't expect anything at all from GT7, so go ahead and assume I'm a troll like most here do. :rolleyes:

Also, yes, I'm not embarrassed to admit at calling a real photo GT6: PS4 Edition, which I bet GT7 will excatly be if Kaz doesn't step up his game. Conversation over, I got better stuff to do than argue on a fourm in the internet where the high and mighty tends to be.
So I take it you can't find what you are correct about which you danced to your victory about and behaved all high and mighty towards hsv regarding this matter? Anyway hopefully Kaz doesn't step up his game if the end result is reality.
Doesn't matter. The fact that he thought I was wrong makes him the wrong one. Never assume Toko is blind again. :sly:

*Dances to his victory*
breakdance.gif

It was mostly the fact that a poster said the 1st picture was real and not a glimpse of GT7, which is where my fabulous victory took place. Not sure why you and others are surrounding me like a criminal, stop being sensitive and deal with it. :sly:

And don't worry, I'm sure Kaz won't up his game like GT5/GT6 and you will have to pay another $60 for the same game with better graphics. :lol: Bye bye not wasting my time here no more so I'll ignoring you and him, stop bothering me thaaaaaaanks. *Logs out*

I know gt has it's problems, but after buying all 9 releases I would definitely not say I've ever bought the same game twice. I honestly don't believe you think the same either Toko. Or, at least, the Toko that I saw enjoying and playing the series a few months ago. Out of curiosity, what made you change attitude seemingly overnight? I mean there was definitely a before and after. :guilty:

I can't really explain it as to why I'm so anti towards PD (not GT), but I'll try. I still love the Gran Turismo series, but I don't love Kaz and PD's attitude towards it and their fans. I know they have the potential to make the GT series a better franchise (or possibly better than any other franchise out there), but they haven't used it and this is what we ended up with. How PD is operating nowadays, I can't stick around and continue to hold faith in them. I want to help them improve like the others, I really do, but it just looks like they (Kaz and PD) can't be bothered since they seem to not learn from their past mistakes and listen to their fans who mention them. It blows my mind that this is the developer that I loved since GT2, and I question everyday "What happen to this company?"

I will admit though that I did enjoyed playing GT6 a few months back (especially with you and others in my PS3 friends list from GTPlanet), but than later on I started to lose interest in the game. I was mostly waiting for the Course Maker and it's taking too long and theres no fun left in GT6, not many can't doubt this (no online won't save it either). Who knows, GT7 may turn out to be great or bad, we'll just have to wait and see. However, I won't be holding my breath.

Anyway thanks for asking and letting me express how I feel about PD (not GT) @GranTurismo guy. Those who still think I'm a troll should at least take the time to read this that should have PM'd.

Also seriously, is GTPlanet broken? My account is still slow... :grumpy:

Well Kaz did say GT6 would eventually carried out to PS4 as GT7, or something along with that lines.....

Yes, so long as they are willing to put 13,000 man-hours into recreating the Nurburgring from scratch and laser scanned like Forza. A direct port will look the same as it does now in GT6. Forza's version is sensational.

The Nurburgring will have to wait until they finished creating the IOMTT.

Googling the OP picture found this article too; it claims it was a special version of GT6 at Fuji. If it's running on PD-only PS3s then it could be boosted in any number of ways and have any number of bespoke additions/changes that don't require release licensing.

The whole thing suggests what we already know; GT6 would always be better with more power. We're not literally looking at GT7 but we're seeing proof-positive that more power is better.

Link.

@Johnnypenso I believe Turn 10 have licensed Autodesk's model (or at least the point cloud) for Forza 6 too, it's unlikely it would be made available to PD. They'd have to acquire their own. I wonder if Bentley are in the market :)

hsv
hsv
All I'm seeing is GT6: PS4 Edition, not GT7.
Referring to the first picture...? Are you for real?
I'm being 100% real here. It just looks like it was slightly edited, that can't be GT7. It's very GT6-like.
You really think that 1st pic resembles the 3rd pic in some way? Are we looking at the same pictures....?
I know whats GT6 and not GT6. That first pic screams GT6 all over it, not GT7. Besides, why will GT7 look like that anyway? If that really is a glimpse of GT7, than I'm sorry, but its GT6: PS4 Edition.
EDIT: I also see new props were added in the first as well. Although, my mind just saids this "glimpse of GT7" looks very GT6-like.
hsv
Other than the fact it looks entirely like a real photograph? :rolleyes:
Seriously?... :irked: Not even close buddy.
Those screens are faker than a supermodels tits.
How could you think those are real? The concrete on the side to the left look like they have sewage leaking down it.
Don't forget those guardrails that look like hollow plastic.
We don't know what this is..besides, there are obvious problems in the photos regarding texture.
Glad I'm not the only one who saw that. :sly:👍 And someone started thinking/or believing I was blind? Heh...
Sorry to burst your bubble OP, but that pic is as real as it gets, just look at the exif data.
It was taken with a Sony A77 II and a Sigma lens.
Ohhhh @hsv? *chuckles* I told you so.
chuckle.png
Where exactly? Maybe my sarcasm meter is off, but I don't see anywhere that you "Told" him so.
*Dances to his victory*
breakdance.gif
The fact that you were wrong is what simply makes you wrong. End of story. The fact that you were adamant that a real life photo was simply a warmed over GT6 is what may have compelled the assumption that you were blind.
[...] like I said before, I know whats GT6 and not GT6. In the end, I was correct so he shouldn't have quoted me in the first place.
I'm confused, what were you correct about?
About the real life pic not being a glimpse of GT7, but this was quoted to someone else so yeah.
You can repeat that you "know whats GT6 and not GT6" as many times as you wish, however, again, the fact that you were adamant that the real life photo was nothing more than a massaged GT6 clearly indicates otherwise. In the end, by unwaveringly affirming that the real photos could not possibly be GT7, specifically because they were too fake, you couldn't have been more far removed from being correct.

And most certainly, someone that claimed real life photos to be nothing more than a "slightly edited" GT6 can, in no way, assert victory over those who postulated those same photos to potentially be GT7. If anything, those who you so vehemently asserted victory against have more right to serve you the dunce hat.

The fact that you were wrong is what simply makes you wrong. End of story. The fact that you were adamant that a real life photo was simply a warmed over GT6 is what may have compelled the assumption that you were blind.

You can repeat that you "know whats GT6 and not GT6" as many times as you wish, however, again, the fact that you were adamant that the real life photo was nothing more than a massaged GT6 clearly indicates otherwise. In the end, by unwaveringly affirming that the real photos could not possibly be GT7, specifically because they were too fake, you couldn't have been more far removed from being correct.

And most certainly, someone that claimed real life photos to be nothing more than a "slightly edited" GT6 can, in no way, assert victory over those who postulated those same photos to potentially be GT7. If anything, those who you so vehemently asserted victory against have more right to serve you the dunce hat.
Lol, you're pretty funny. You just went through the posts to basically complain about how decieved some of us were. Those big words aren't really doing a favor either because what you said could have been said in a way more simpler way. Lol, that dunce hat isn't anywhere near us.

Lol, you're pretty funny. You just went through the posts to basically complain about how decieved some of us were. Those big words aren't really doing a favor either because what you said could have been said in a way more simpler way. Lol, that dunce hat isn't anywhere near us.
Please stop embarrassing yourself. :rolleyes:

hsv
Please stop embarrassing yourself. :rolleyes:
How am I embarrassing myself?

The guy honestly came ot of left field to me. I admitted that I was wrong and now he feels like he's exposing me. Like, where the **** is this coming from? I find it kind of funny. I responded to that post at 2am and I'm not even going to take seriously.

You seriously responded to a post from weeks ago in a argument that's been over? The point was already made so it wasn't necessary to bring this back up.

And on that note, this thread seriously needs to be closed. This is so damn far off-topic and the question been answer so long ago, its at this point a flame fest waiting to happen.

Make sure you read this before posting:

1. We know it's a real photo now
2. the above argument is happily now over

Also @hsv and @TokoTurismo I hope you two have made friends again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back