A light-hearted look at GT2

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 44 comments
Wow THEREE? he hee...most I've ever had to deal with was two. :scared: I remember doing an Apricot Hill endurance race with 2 of these monsters on the podium. :scared:

that reminds me...
when first time i do the Apricot Hill enduro, 3 of the contestant use GT40, while i'm stuck with JWA-Gulf GT40. Haaahh, good old time...

Cars have incredible nuclear powered vacuum suction devices in their underfloor. It's impossible to flip them over.

Every part of the town has giant speakers in every street playing some sort of theme song. It's the same with auto dealerships. People in GT2 seem to love music.

You seem to be an important person because races start when you feel like it. Also whole parts of big cities like Seattle and Rome get turned into race tracks within seconds if you want to race there.

Also any transportation between racing locations gets done with teleporting devices. Therefore GT2 shows the world in a future. A weird future by the way because it's forbidden to sell or own any car produced after 1999.

The game feels that while its important to tell someone how far behind they are, it doesn't tell you how far in front you are if you are leading.

The Skyline GT-R JGTC spec are four-wheel drive.

True this. I was shocked when I found out in GTPSP that they are FR and 'only' has 500 HP. Now that I think about it, it makes sense 💡

The Subaru 360 at the used car lot is already race modded and has 46 HPs.

That's because the 360 in GT2 is a special edition called the Young S (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_360). If you haven't noticed, the one in GT2 has a stripe running down the middle, the one in GT4 doesn't (the normal one with 22 HP). It produces around 36 HP in real life.

You seem to be an important person because races start when you feel like it. Also whole parts of big cities like Seattle and Rome get turned into race tracks within seconds if you want to race there.

Despite this, you always start last in every race :ill:

How a 212hp R32 GTS4 can struggle to leave 63hp Kei cars on Tahiti, yet remain competitive against Fiat Coupes and FTOs in the next race at HSR. How games have evolved, thankfully.

Also, 75% instant depreciation. Ouch.

How a 212hp R32 GTS4 can struggle to leave 63hp Kei cars on Tahiti, yet remain competitive against Fiat Coupes and FTOs in the next race at HSR. How games have evolved, thankfully.

GT2 is the king of rubberband!

Something silly I've noticed about the weight reduction model: it's a flat percentage system, but with two categories. Any car starting under roughly 2700 lbs will have its weight reduced by a total of about 8% after the 3 stages have been applied, and any car starting above 2700 lbs will have its weight reduced by about 11%. The 3% difference on 2700 lbs is 81 lbs, meaning that when you compare the results of weight reduction an cars just above and below 2700 lbs starting weight, if their initial difference in mass is less than 81 lbs, then it'll end up that the car which was heavier initially will be the lighter of the two after taking off parts! Note that when considering full racing modification, the total difference in weight reduction is about 3.8%, widening the gap to about 103lbs.

Also, why do specialty modified cars like Mugen Accords have the same DF numbers as their unmodified counterparts when one of the main things these specialty guys do is add aero parts like spoilers and front scoops, etc?!? It wouldn't be so bad that I can't R modify my Spoon Civic if it came with racing-level DF, but as it is it FLIES off the road at every opportunity!!!

The Impreza in first Tahiti Dirt Route 3 Reverse race has been repainted to red rather than usual blue. :boggled:

The HP limit for Rome Short K-car race is too high (147hp IIRC). :rolleyes:

In 2 lap races it's a pain to win with +5,000 sec.
In endurance races it's a laugh to win, since you'll be 10 laps in front of the 2nd one.

Join 591HP races with my 600HP Skyline R34

You can;t bump the AI cars away, in stead, they bump you to the other side of the road (oh sweet nostalgia)

In License, there is 1 test that demonstrates how to get gold, by 0.004 s difference between gold and silver. It wants you to cross grass with 3 wheels, in a powerslide. Took me 50 attempts.

The [R]Mazda RX7 turns 180 degrees, even with ASC and TC, no matter what.

In some races, when you start, it ignores the usual countdown.

You can take out the big boys in the Turbo All-Stars Challenge (SSR5) with a Miata A-Spec!

And I think the Cultus rocks. Gotta love the purple, man.

The GT world championship has a different tune for the countdown of the races (I think, might be the GT500 champsionships. I'm clueless to be totally honest, I just remember one of the later championships has different music)

Back