A Mysterious Car Ticket System is Showing up in GT Sport

Interesting, not sure what the application could be in the future. Perhaps prize cars for GT league, or (just speculation) a form of microtransactions for the more ridiculously expensive cars? Time will tell.

However, I’m still more curious about the mysterious Group A.

They don't seem to have a real money store attached to them and they're working already so maybe these are just prizes for stuff?

Well... maybe PD is gonna give us tickets instead of cars. That'll ease off the whole dupli-catastrophe I hope. :lol:

Hopefully that's what we'll eventually start to get for the daily workout instead of the random cars in random colors. I would not mind that one bit. I wonder if this ticket system and the Group A will be coming in the same update? I wouldn't rule it out just yet...

Wonder how he activated it or if it was a similar bug like the NSX or debug-menu showing up. My game doesn‘t do it

Tickets for podium finishes (why does GTS only give shine to the winner and not the top 3) in Sport and FIA races could be interesting. Though that probably means they're never going to let us sell our duplicate cars. That roulette wheel has to be one of the most poorly-implemented game mechanics I've seen from a major studio. I wouldn't be shedding many tears if that went away and was replaced by tickets.

Some theories:

-Paid DLC is coming and this will be the form to claim the cars
- Maybe new incentives for Sport mode (e.g. if you have the pole position, best lap or win a race you can receive a ticket to claim the car you want)
- Now daily challenge of Miles/Km won't be based on luck but a ticket to change it for an specific Class (any car of that class)
-Microtransactions
- Up to the lack of new items on the mile exchange store, maybe we can change now miles points for tickets to adquire cars

- Now daily challenge of Miles/Km won't be based on luck but a ticket to change it for an specific Class (any car of that class)
- Up to the lack of new items on the mile exchange store, maybe we can change now miles points for tickets to adquire cars
I like these ideas.

I hope PD picks up micro transactions. Time is money and my time is limited as of late. I'd rather pay a couple bucks for a 20 mil. car than spend tons of hours of racing at Blue Moon Bay or rubber banding to build my credits back up.

Jerome

I'm perfectly okay if they allow users to buy cars, as long as the online competitive portion of the game is always balanced by BoP settings.

Pay-2-win is bad, but pay-2-get-Corvette is a big meh in my books.

I'm also okay with the huge revenue generation potential of MTs as far as guaranteeing Gran Turismo's future as a long-lived series.

MTs are the last thing the game needs, especially if their implementation makes the game even grindier. If the in-game economy was fully up to scratch, MTs wouldn't be needed.

MTs in $60 games should never be seen as acceptable.
I agree with you on principle, however the market demand from gamers for MTs has demonstrated that ship has already sailed.

Fortnite generated over $200,000,000 in March alone for revenue.

I have resigned myself to accepting MTs that are cosmetic (see: Overwatch) and rejecting games with MTs that are pay-to-win for multiplayer competitive.

I agree with you on principle, however the market demand from gamers for MTs has demonstrated that ship has already sailed.

Fortnite generated over $200,000,000 in March alone for revenue.

I have resigned myself to accepting MTs that are cosmetic (see: Overwatch) and rejecting games with MTs that are pay-to-win for multiplayer competitive.

Most of that revenue only comes from a tiny percentage of players willing to spend crap loads of money, comestics or not. It's that section of the player base that the so-called "AAA" industry are latching on to. Those who refuse to accept MTs get left with a boring grindfest, which isn't fun at all.

Anything GT can get that makes them stand out and overall better, and more able to compete.
Or anything that is unique to GT I want

Why is everyone okay with microtransactions now? The game has it's own system for making money for cars, and has had free dlc. There is no premium to the game. The only way to get a premium was to preorder the game but even at that, getting cars is easy. You get one for every track you gold in circuit experience, get cars for missions after clearing each level, and in the driving school. Having paid dlc will make the game no different. You'll just be paying for what you can get for just some of your time. That's the point of playing a game.

Has EA brainwashed the lot of you?

Last edited:
This looks like a way to cut down on random gift cars, they should have led with this instead of the roulette wheel for the daily miles drives. Stick the roulette wheel back into the single player where it belongs since you can grind that repetitively and give tickets for daily driver mileage, add in an incentive to drive a lot of mile for better tickets and the option to hold a bunch of tickets to redeem for rarer cars. I see no problem with that idea at all, gives grinders something to do and folks who do a lot of driving something for their engagement aside from credits. I'm just guessing about this, don't take my word as confirmation of anything.

I don't know how MT would work well in GT Sport since well there is practically no point in something cosmetic since we have practically the most robust livery system to date, you can create literally anything in there with that upload feature. PD should add in time trial events for players to engage in when not racing each other in sport mode and have prizes like (the aforementioned) tickets or spin on the roulette wheel but more like Forza's with cars and credits up for grabs. The game needs more of the old stuff back in it like the used car garage for cars not found in show rooms, or special tuned models. This isn't a normal GT release so I don't expect a lot of things and it will remain light on the traditional GT stuff for the length of it's life I am assuming. I do hope they return ToD and weather, because that is sorely missed, the Nurburgring feels so boring without being able to race from late night into the morning and then pore over the replay for epic photos. I adored that stuff in GT5.

Tickets are probably going to be the new prize for daily miles and wheel roulette will end up back in single player where it came from in the first place. I don't see any room for microtransactions since there literally isn't anything aside from selling folks credits which just sounds wrong for some reason. It's hard to please everyone since some people like the idea off grinding out races for money and others who value their time and prefer to have cars to just hop in and race; which GT Sport should have had access to all cars if they wanted Sport mode to be front and center. At least start off all those who wanted to play mainly Sport Mode with their choice of 2 cars from each class to begin the game, so you'd start off with 10 cars of your choosing and the rest you can win or whatever. For me this would have been an great incentive, gets me right into things without having to grind for cash and hope I win a car from running the other parts of the game. Also why does PD always limit the vehicle choices in the borrowed vehicle selection, for lands sakes just have something that cycles through all the possible cars and players can shuffle for a different car they may not have yet to drive and test out. Ugh, it's like everyone is focused on all these big things that they little things that bug you get glossed over. These little things are usually the straw that breaks the camels back.

TL;DR. Tickets system might be coming back in addition to roulette wheel. Giving players another way to get cars they want instead of heavy grinding(credits) and random lotto system(daily mileage runs).

This would be very welcome if it is to replace the roulette system which is frustrating.
Now if this ticket only rewards to podium finishers then I wouldn't get one.
Why can't make it like Enthusia's Roulette system?
I'm still burned by the 5 duplicates in a row I got last week,same five cars that I got in my first week of play,stop spamming gr.3 and gr.4 car for my daily workout I want some road cars ffs!

Back