A.R.S. Indy Lights Season 3 | Jammy wins the Honda 300k and is our Season 3 Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 277 comments

aceboy127

International Racing Series Owner
Premium
United States
Columbus, Ohio
aceboy127
racingaceboy127
big-ars-logo-jpg.442468

full-indy-lights-logo-jpg.462845

A.R.S. Indy Lights Series Season 3
8 Points Race Schedule
Saturday Nights at 9:00 PM Eastern
Car Regulations
indy-lights-car-specs-jpg.308202

• Any Color Car (Mid-season color change requires league steward notification)
Series Rules
  • Two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times.
  • On road courses going outside the white lines is considered out of bounds.
  • Bump drafting is permitted on all tracks within reasonable circumstances.
  • Driving backwards on the track at any time will result in being asked to leave or a possible series suspension.
  • Contact/rubbing is normal and expected. Please refer to The Golden Rule. Excessive contact will be penalized.
  • Accidents happen, that is why we have cautions.
  • Intentional or payback actions will be penalized.
  • Penalties for rough driving may include: Point reduction, time penalty, suspension from one or more races.
  • Lapped cars cannot interfere or compete with lead lap cars. It is the lapped drivers responsibility to be aware traffic coming through.
  • Just try to keep it clean and have fun.
Race Format
  • Saturday nights
  • Practice: 9:00pmEST to 9:15pmEST
  • Qualifying: 9:15pm EST (Late arrivals will start from the rear of the field)
  • Race: Immediately after qualifying.
  • All races will be held in aceboy127's lounge.
  • All Races will have one mandatory pit stop and must be taken before the last lap.
  • All oval races will have a pace lap.
  • All road course races will have a standing start.
Qualifier Settings
  • Qualifier Format: Race (Alone)
  • Time Limit:
  • Ovals 5 Min
  • Road Courses 10 Min
Lounge Settings/Event Settings
  • Start Type
  • Ovals: Double-file Rolling Start
  • Road Courses: Grid Start with False Start Check
  • Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Very Fast
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change Off
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to one timed lap to allow all drivers to complete their current lap.
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: None
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Microphone: On *As a rule and out of general respect for your fellow drivers, please mute your microphone if you are being distracted by your Wife/Girlfriend/Mother/Buddies*
Regulation Settings
  • Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard only
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
  • ABS: Available
  • Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • ASM: Prohibited
  • Driving Line: Prohibited
  • Traction Control: Prohibited
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
Points System
20 points to Win Race
17 for 2nd, 15 for 3rd, 13 for 4th, etc.
1 Bonus point: Pole Position
1 Bonus point: Leading at halfway
We will be dropping your worst finish or a DNS.

In case of championship tie after the season finale: 1 Bonus point for most wins in the season. If there is still a tie for the lead there will be a 5 lap shoot-out at a track the series runs at during the season (will take a vote among not eligible competitors) winner will receive 1 bonus point.

Cautions
Cautions in this league are defined as 2 or more cars making contact resulting in a crash/accident. If both cars are still facing the correct direction and moving forward, this does not necessitate calling a caution. This would be considered incidental contact or a racing incident. But if it seems warranted based on the amount of contact that took place, call a caution. Calling a caution is the responsibility of the drivers involved. All cautions will be reviewed by the stewards. Calling an unwarranted or incorrect caution could result in a post race disqualification.

To call a caution, you must type the letter "C" into the chat box, then you may announce "Caution" over the mic.

When a caution is called, the lead lap cars will gently slow down to the posted caution speed. As soon as the field regroups single file and the lapped cars are accounted for, the pits will open. Any cars behind the incident may pass through. Cars rejoining the track must do so cautiously and blend back in with the field appropriately. Drivers that were "punted" on a road course will receive their position back under caution. Sometimes we may say to go slower to allow the field to get regrouped, so we can go green that time around.

- Please signify whether you are pitting or not by moving to the white line on the inside of the racing surface. No last minute fake outs. If you enter pit lane on the backstretch under caution, you are committed to making a pit stop
- Pitting is not required.
- All cars pit on the same lap, including lapped cars.
- Entering and exiting pit lane on ovals is done on the backstretch

Upon exiting the pits, drivers will line up single file and prepare for the restart. The leader will initiate the restart at the Start/Finish line. Do Not jump the start. Please respect the position in front of you. You can’t pass before you get to the start finish line. There will be no more cautions with 4 laps to go.

- Caution speed: 60 Mph @ Road courses/Motegi Super Speedway.
- Caution speed: 80 Mph @ Indy Super Speedway/Daytona Super Speedway.

Caution Pit Stop Limits
Under the caution flag, you are only allowed 4 pit stops.
Under the greenflag, you can make as many stops as you want. Also, you may enter pit lane on the front stretch under green flag conditions. Still exiting on the back stretch.

Teams
You do not have to have a teammate to participate in this series. Just tell me a team name and the drivers on the team. No more than 3 drivers per team. Team Points are the total of the top 2 cars added together.

- Team Cars must run the same color.

Lucky Dog
The first car one lap down will receive the Lucky Dog pass. If a caution is called, the first car one lap down may pass the lead lap cars, get their lap back and catch up with the rear of the field. The Lucky Dog may pit with the lead lap cars but must restart at the back, behind the lapped cars no matter where they come out of the pits.

Special Event Races
ARS Shootout @ High Speed Ring: Two segment race. The winner is the driver who wins the final segment.

ARS All Star Race @ Toyota Raceway: Three segment race. Points added up over all three segments most points wins.

End of the Season Awards
  • Front Runner Award (Most wins)
  • Rookie of the Season (Goes to the highest finishing rookie in the season driver points)
  • Pole Award (Most pole positions)
  • Team Championship (The team that scores the most points in the season)
  • Driver Points Championship (The driver that scores the most points in the season)
Schedule
Schedule.PNG

Registration
GTPlanet Name:
PSN:
Car Color:
Team: (if applicable)

You will receive a friend request on PSN from aceboy127 after sign up.

Late sign up Policy
Signups will close after the 3rd points race. After sign ups are closed you may still join the series, but you have to either be referred by a current series member or participate in a test night for that series.

Driver List
Registration.PNG

A.R.S. Rookie Classification
Drivers signed up with yellow names are A.R.S. Rookies
You are a Rookie until you make 3 starts in a season or until you make 4 total ARS starts.
Don't forget to go by the A.R.S. group page

Last edited:
Team List and Team Pics
Team Registration.PNG

Last edited:
DW SimMotorsports would absolutely love to sign up! dylanlikes88 running yellow paint scheme!
Since my first time running with you guys, I finally have a working Steering Wheel, a proper stand, and a better understanding about tuning.

I'm going for that championship!

Last edited:
Is it back to Saturday nights? Or is that just copy and paste i'll sign up color is black
Yes sir, back to Saturday nights. It really does work better for me since I have to be at work at 7 on Monday. I know a few of the guys here watch Sunday night football too, so that's another thing.

Any chance of adding more than 8 races?
Yeah but we still got okay numbers last season.
Yea I would like to run more races to, but keeping everyone's interest through the whole series is tough. Last season was unusual. It is not normal to get a late season resurgence in attendance, I am saying that from experience.
Also I will be updating signups shortly.

I'm just curious, are we gonna have any races in the rain or on a wet track?

At the moment I cannot confirm nor deny that information. I can tell you that High Speed Ring is looking to have a clear and sunny forecast.

OK I have the sign ups in there, but could not get it scaled down, so I do apologize for that. I am looking for a solution to the problem.

Never mind about the size issue I got it figured out.

Last edited:
Should be good now, just let me know if there is a mistake.

I will plan to run a session on Friday or Saturday. Main focus will be High Speed Ring, while we may stray to Deep Forest and/or Gateway.

Back