A.R.S. Sprint Cup Series Season 3 aceboy127 wins the Brickyard 225 and Sassafrass_3 is the ChampFinished 

• Thread starter Bowtie52
  • 385 comments
Sorry man I was already on and got tired, so I'm heading to bed.

Tampering with my modem a little today. Activated UPnP which I think is automatic or I could do port forwarding which would require me to manually open like 6 ports. Opinions/advice?

I know before when I had connection problems I opened ports and the problems seemed to go away.

Tampering with my modem a little today. Activated UPnP which I think is automatic or I could do port forwarding which would require me to manually open like 6 ports. Opinions/advice?
I have had my pprts forwarded since day 1.

By the way im about to get on to practice for tonight

My connection problems seems very random. I practiced for an hour this morning with no issues. I guess a 50 ft ethernet cable would solve all these problems.

I looked on the GT manual online and there is like 6 ports to open. Does that sound about right?

From the online manual:

The port numbers for Gran Turismo 6's online racing are listed below. However, depending on your fellow players' network environments, other UDP ports may also be used.

TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658
Online play may be adversely affected if these ports are blocked by your router's firewall or by other means. In such cases, you will need to cancel LAN -> WAN (outward) packet filtering on your router.

Also heres my speed test

3894899886.png

Last edited:
Too many cautions :(
I'm here to race not to go round laps in 60/80 mph...
(wasteing my sleeping hours)

Next week will be my last race this season, hopefully that will go better without cautions.

Edit: Red Bull track - is it full course or short track? 4318 m

Last edited:
Well Jammy I am sorry to hear that I hope you reconsider. At least join us for the All Star Race. Management will be discussing plans for cautions going ahead in the future. Also, it is the full Red Bull Ring track.

My other race series are starting soon and I need to do much testing for those. That's why my time here will end. Red Bull race is my last race.

Either way, we should really start to figure out a solution to this problem. All of these cautions are frustrating for everyone. Cautions were meant to keep things fun and competitive but it's obviously out of control. About 5 of us hung out after that race and brainstormed for over an hour and I think we came up with a lot of good ideas.

Would you guys mind if I joined you for a one-off at the Red Bull Ring this weekend in the 14 car (if I can make it)?

Would you guys mind if I joined you for a one-off at the Red Bull Ring this weekend in the 14 car (if I can make it)?
May I get an answer please? Not sure if I'm missing something either, just would like to race here.

I'll be online in roughly an hour if anyone is available to practice then. This car is really a handfull for me especially at road courses, but I managed to put in a few clean laps earlier...
image.jpg

Hopefully I can work out a few more tenths but it's hard to do with a car so heavy and slidy, nothing like the prototypes and GTs I'm used to driving.

I'll be able to race on Saturdays from now on, since I'm out of that greasy hellhole called Wendy's. :P

I think I'll run two races so I can retain my rookie title and compete for RotY next season. I'm thinking this Saturday at Red Bull Ring and December 6th at Motegi.

I'll be able to race on Saturdays from now on, since I'm out of that greasy hellhole called Wendy's. :P

I think I'll run two races so I can retain my rookie title and compete for RotY next season. I'm thinking this Saturday at Red Bull Ring and December 6th at Motegi.

Special events like the Allstar race and the Shootout don't count against rookie status.

Going to get online and practice for a bit. Shoot me a friend request and come join me.

Back