A-spec American Racing and Non-Racing Car Expert Challenge: Death Valley original course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 240 comments
I have the same problem. I have won the race and the game crashes when coming back to the main menu. The race is not save and i must restart the console. I tried two times the race, won again but the game crash again. Can any help me please?

Winner with the Esperante GTR-1 Race Car.... With an interesting strategy. (See below)

Esperante Death Valley Standings.jpg

I tried a different strategy to preserve tire wear. I used the slower lapped cars as picks (rolling road blocks) to slow the pace and keep me from burning up my tires on the last lap. It worked this time.... But am I cheating? :confused:

Esperante Rolling Road Block.jpg

Winner with the Esperante GTR-1 Race Car.... With an interesting strategy. (See below)

View attachment 494117

I tried a different strategy to preserve tire wear. I used the slower lapped cars as picks (rolling road blocks) to slow the pace and keep me from burning up my tires on the last lap. It worked this time.... But am I cheating? :confused:

View attachment 494118
How many stops? What tyres did you use, and when? Fastest lap?

I'm curious, since I've been considering to have a go in the Panoz.

How many stops? What tyres did you use, and when? Fastest lap?

I'm curious, since I've been considering to have a go in the Panoz.

Two stops. Laps 4 and 7. RH on front and RM on rear the full race. With my setup, the left front burns up, no matter what I try or how I drive. Best lap around 2:20-2:21...

Last edited:
I like this track, I really like it!
But no matter what car I use, (except the chaparrals), I burn out the tires, they last in best cases 4 laps.
I do 2.23,00 - 2.24.00 laps regularly, but I can't make the tires last and as a result of that, I spin out on lap 4
Only once I managed 4th
What do you do to stop the tire wear?

But no matter what car I use, (except the chaparrals), I burn out the tires, they last in best cases 4 laps.
I do 2.23,00 - 2.24.00 laps regularly, but I can't make the tires last and as a result of that, I spin out on lap 4
Only once I managed 4th
What tires are you using?

I've now taken numerous easy and fun wins with the 2J, 2D, and Corvette Z06 LM Race Car '06. But with the latter, the margin of victory is only 1 to 5 seconds, so its much more challenging and hence fun when you get it down.

I'd be happy to post my full setups and/or pit strategy for any of these. If anyone is interested, please ask.

It was fairly straightforward with the 2D - really enjoyed that car. I didn't bother with the 2J, but I couldn't beat it with the Corvette Z06 LM, so I'd be interested to see your tune. I was burning up the tires too fast with this car, so I'm curious if a different tune might fix that - or if I'm just too slow :)

Really good race and track. Used the 2d with racing hard tires entire time. Only thing that messed me up was the part when your car gets airbourne,other than that it was good.

It was fairly straightforward with the 2D - really enjoyed that car. I didn't bother with the 2J, but I couldn't beat it with the Corvette Z06 LM, so I'd be interested to see your tune. I was burning up the tires too fast with this car, so I'm curious if a different tune might fix that - or if I'm just too slow :)
This was the setup I used. Best lap on RH 2:21.xxx
Parts: LSD, carbon propshaft, stage 3 engine, standard size Enkei RS05RR.
Brakes 8 5
Suspension
60 65
12.50 12.00
2 1
4 3
4 6
0.2 0.4
0.00 +0.25
Transmission
Start with final to 5.000, then max speed, then set individual gears, then final.
220kph
1 3.024
2 2.217
3 1.777
4 1.460
5 1.239
6 1.079
Final 3.000
LSD
Power 82.2%
Downforce
350 600
Ballast 10kg
Pos +50%

Two pitstops, lap 4 and 8. Start on RH, then RH, end on RS. Remember to ad 10l of fuel to the recommended amount for the final stint, or you will run dry.

I also tried a Corvette, Viper, Camaro, it's the same thing, I burn up the tires.
I even tried the modern Formula 1 way, "Lift-and-Coast", or as I call it Grandpa F1, same thing, tires burn up.
I refuse to use the 2D or 2J, I want a challenge, although not just a tire challenge :D

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 LM Race Car '06
This was the setup I used, and is based on a Motor City Hami tune. Best lap 2:21.xxx
Parts: LSD, carbon propshaft, stage 2 engine, supercharger.

Brakes 4 4
Suspension
90 90
15.50 15.00
4 3
6 7
4 3
0.0 0.0
+0.05 +0.16

Transmission
Set to default. Set final to 4.500, then max speed to 137 mph, then set individual gears, then final.
1 3.800
2 2.600
3 1.953
4 1.575
5 1.320
6 1.150
Final 2.990 <--- here you may go to closer to 2.900 to take advantage of the opportunities to draft.:D
LSD

Power 84.4%
Downforce
350 450
Ballast 53kg
Pos +2%

Two pitstops, lap 3 and 6. Start on RM, then RM with a short fill of 44 liters, end on RH with the fuel allocated.

Last edited:
Only once I managed 4th
Try reducing your brake balance , for instance i went from 8/5 to 3/0. This was a trick someone else recommended last year for the Daytona LMP seasonal, and seems to help.

Comfortable win with the Ford GT LM Spec II:

23580925840_bcea3d2085_b.jpg
I, too, just completed a win with the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II.

My time was 25:32.239 with an MoV of 4.8 seconds. Full setup upon request.

Strategy was RHs with a stop end of lap 5. Tire wear was down to 2's all-around, very even.

I believe I can better my time by perfecting my transmission setup, as I used a simple autoset of 199 mph with an AT.

But a win is a win!

Edit: I've repeated this several times, improving total time and MoV. The one stop strategy is the best - if you can stretch the tires and fuel to a useful 5 laps, which is almost easy on this car.

2nd Edit: A two stop strategy also works well! I used RS tires end of laps 3 and 6, RM thereafter. Wear is even, left-to-right and front-to-rear, on any compound. Also, the fuel mileage is good on this Ford.

Last edited:
This was the setup I used, and is based on a Motor City Hami tune. Best lap 2:21.xxx
Parts: LSD, carbon propshaft, stage 2 engine, supercharger.

Brakes 4 4
Suspension
90 90
15.50 15.00
4 3
6 7
4 3
0.0 0.0
+0.05 +0.16

Transmission
Set to default. Set final to 4.500, then max speed to 137 mph, then set individual gears, then final.
1 3.800
2 2.600
3 1.953
4 1.575
5 1.320
6 1.150
Final 2.990 <--- here you may go to closer to 2.900 to take advantage of the opportunities to draft.:D
LSD

Power 84.4%
Downforce
350 450
Ballast 53kg
Pos +2%

Two pitstops, lap 3 and 6. Start on RM, then RM with a short fill of 44 liters, end on RH with the fuel allocated.

Thanks for all your help guys, I made it using this setup posted by Dotini :)
Two stops, lap 3 and 6, I on the other hand used RH with a best time of 2.19.335
The AI cars are a bit annoying, but still I loved racing on this track, I wouldn't mind an endurance race on this one :cool:

I saved the replay but I have know idea how to post it on for example youtube, I've always wondered about that.

I fiddled around in the GT6 Library but I still have no idea how to post a Replay on youtube, or anywhere for that matter.
You need a video Capture card software to do what you want to do, PM me if you want any information on what you need.

If you can only win the money once with a gold, & can't earn credits after that, why do you want to beat this race? 4th, 5th, & 6th place pay over 1 million credits. Polywogs have whizzed down your leg & told you it was raining. The race pays more then the super match races if you come in above 7th. Don't allow your pride to deny you credits never win the race till the last day. 4th place unless anyone has been paid for second place repeatedly. Then 2nd is good.

You need a video Capture card software to do what you want to do, PM me if you want any information on what you need.

I actually thought there was a point about saving replays, so that we could post them on online.
The replay of the race is right there on the PS3 hard drive, I'll do some searching on the drive instead.
Thanks for offering help Hall90!
But there must be an easier way to do it than using video capture card software :)

I actually thought there was a point about saving replays, so that we could post them on online.
The replay of the race is right there on the PS3 hard drive, I'll do some searching on the drive instead.
Thanks for offering help Hall90!
But there must be an easier way to do it than using video capture card software :)
I do not think there is an easy way to do it, I use a Elgato Game Capture HD it is easy to use.

Latest Posts

Back