A-Spec European Racing Car Expert Challenge: Andalucia Original Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 205 comments
Yeah, the variable wear rate on the intermediates is due to the amount of water on the track at the different stints of the ten laps. you can burn them off in 3 laps with 0% rain & each race is a toss up as to how much & when the rain will fall.

When I started to pay attention, I noticed how different the rain is from race to race. Now I just wish I could get the payout...Grrr.

Did you try the BMW V12 LMR? I'm sure you could do this race in 25 minutes.
Very easy win a few times. P1 early on, clear road ahead but I'm failing to learn the track good enough to not hit some rain spots and spin. Usually in the high speed sections, too, of course.

IM/IM tires with a few extra drops of fuel.

- PS3 Slim uptodate Location and Account Brazil,
- WIFI 10MB
- No Custom tracks
- 19.3 Million
- 103 Cars
- Death Valley OK (Gold and Paid)
- Andalucia Crash all the times when I should be paid.. Yesterday I did a test and finished in 15th and NO CRASH!!!

So, the mystery persists... :banghead::banghead::confused::confused:

Yeah I understand, so frustrating... I sent an e-mail to Sony Spain reporting this, and they replied telling me to delete the game and download it again, but I have a disc copy of it. Perhaps they want me to delete all game data and lose what I have achieved so far? 426 cars, over 42M credits, game at 99% and platinum trophy already... come on!

It seems that nothing related to game data such as if you have created/copied custom tracks, amount of credits or number of cars, cause this problem, neither if you have wireless or wired connection, or the speed of internet connection. So I gave myself the task of making some tests.

Won with BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97, automatic gearbox, few penalties, 1 pit stop (IM tyres all the way), watched all the replay and then.... yes, crash! :confused:

Finished 2nd with McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model '95, manual gearbox, 1 penalty, 2 pit stops (IM, RH, IM), skiped replay and.... crash! :irked:

Finished 3rd with AMG Mercedes CLK-LM '98, set up max speed to 320km/hr, automatic gearbox, no penalties at all, 1 pit stop (IM/IM), watched replay and crash... :banghead:

Well, guess I will never get this seasonal rewards and maybe we must ask Mulder and Scully (X-Files) to check this mystery 👎:( because Sony has no idea...

Mynor Aquino. I know what you mean, I have also tried pretty much everything including spending credits and using different cars but to no avail. I wondered if anyone has been able to get the game to payout after they have suffered the gongs and GT screen or does it remain the same once you have experienced the gongs as it has for me.

Yeah I understand, so frustrating... I sent an e-mail to Sony Spain reporting this, and they replied telling me to delete the game and download it again, but I have a disc copy of it. Perhaps they want me to delete all game data and lose what I have achieved so far? 426 cars, over 42M credits, game at 99% and platinum trophy already... come on!

It seems that nothing related to game data such as if you have created/copied custom tracks, amount of credits or number of cars, cause this problem, neither if you have wireless or wired connection, or the speed of internet connection. So I gave myself the task of making some tests.

Won with BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97, automatic gearbox, few penalties, 1 pit stop (IM tyres all the way), watched all the replay and then.... yes, crash! :confused:

Finished 2nd with McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model '95, manual gearbox, 1 penalty, 2 pit stops (IM, RH, IM), skiped replay and.... crash! :irked:

Finished 3rd with AMG Mercedes CLK-LM '98, set up max speed to 320km/hr, automatic gearbox, no penalties at all, 1 pit stop (IM/IM), watched replay and crash... :banghead:

Well, guess I will never get this seasonal rewards and maybe we must ask Mulder and Scully (X-Files) to check this mystery 👎:( because Sony has no idea...

Have you got a link for complaining to Sony, not sure they understand how many people are experiencing this bug.
I tried again today thinking it was heavy holiday traffic causing the problem but after winning again it crashed....

I wondered if anyone has been able to get the game to payout after they have suffered the gongs and GT screen or does it remain the same once you have experienced the gongs as it has for me.

I had the crashes with the Death Valley track. On my first race on this track i finished 15th. The game then crashed after the second race. I tried to finish first several times with 3 different cars, but it still crashed. Then i had a race where i finished outside the payout ranks again. From then on the game didn't crash any more.

I think I will "try" for a 12th place finish and see what happens. Then If it goes forward, i will try the Andalucia race again, and see what happens there.

I did indeed complete this race with the BMW Z4 GT3 '11 and finished in 12th. Without backing all the way out, I switched to the Audi R18 TDI. I then won the race by over a minute. I tempted fate and skipped the replay. Ta Da! I got the payout and the gold clearance gifts. Finally!

Just had a crack at this one, used the BMW V12 LMR with Intermediate wet tyres, after reading posts here.
Actually used Intermediate (medium) Racing tyres at first, for a couple of laps before I kept spinning out and realised I had the wrong Intermediate's on.
Won easily by about a minute. Anyway received the prize money (over $4mil, only on level 3) and the prize car.
I'm in Australia so maybe the glitch so many talk about here does not affect us?

Ran it again with the prize car and found it's about the same as the LMR, 27.2 minutes compared to 27.4 for the LMR I think it was. Of course learning the track helped too.
Oh, I used max downforce as I figured the corners were more important than the straights.
And had a couple of accidents both races where I had to reverse back to the track.

Last edited:
The BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 totally kills it. Using IM Tyres with one PS at Lap 7.

i tried based on this, worked with 1+min ahead (pit at the start of lap7, end of lap6)

i finally realized what i'm doing wrong with this & the american & some previous expert Aspec many months ago... the trick is to NOT drive like a time trial, drive lighter while making sure to not skid your tires (controller vibration etc), also avoid jerking the car around causing rally style slides

the other trick is the right car, i didnt particularly tune this one, but it was much more promising than the bentley mentioned in the first reply

edit: the time was 27:38.444

Last edited:
I had the crashes with the Death Valley track. On my first race on this track i finished 15th. The game then crashed after the second race. I tried to finish first several times with 3 different cars, but it still crashed. Then i had a race where i finished outside the payout ranks again. From then on the game didn't crash any more.
Cheers for that AlterGrumpfel I didn't think about trying that to reset the payout glitch, I'll give that a go later and report back with my results.

Just golded on my 2nd try by cruising in the Alpine VGT. No pitstop required!:D Won by little over 15 seconds.

Got it on my fourth try with the Speed 8 (first three attempts were with the R8 LMS). You guys were right, it's an easy win with that thing. Pitted on lap 6 and finished with a ~42 second lead over the XJ220.

Last edited:
MSZ
Wow, I needed one pitstop with the Alpine. How did you do that?
Fuel saving by shifting early and lots of coasting. A bit more speed in the last 2 (dry) laps. Fuel indicator went red somewhere in the last lap.

Slow down for corners, no tire skidding.. I used 1 set of IM tires for the whole race. Maybe I got lucky with the weather?

I was passing the AI struggeling in the rain or doing their pit stops. Only on the last lap there was a faster AI behind me.

Just won this race - but there may be a bug.

On random sections of the track, my car will suddenly feel like there's 0% grip and I spin out, and then it will get back to normal grip again after a set amount of seconds. This has happened to me 9 or 10 times during my single session regardless of track wetness percentage (including 0%). I used the BMW VGT on racing hard tires.

Finally tried it last night using the McLaren F1 on RIs and as close as I can get the the praiano tune (can never get the transmissions exact in every gear-haven't figured out how I'm screwing that up yet). Didn't know the track, raced horribly sloppy (and swear an Audi was brake-checking me purposefully 1/2 the time just so I would keep getting penalties). 1 pit-lap 6. Got second crossing the line right beside 1st. I got an idea of the track right out of the gate now, tonight I attempt again.

Just had a crack at this one, used the BMW V12 LMR with Intermediate wet tyres, after reading posts here.
Actually used Intermediate (medium) Racing tyres at first, for a couple of laps before I kept spinning out and realised I had the wrong Intermediate's on.
Won easily by about a minute. Anyway received the prize money (over $4mil, only on level 3) and the prize car.
I'm in Australia so maybe the glitch so many talk about here does not affect us?

Ran it again with the prize car and found it's about the same as the LMR, 27.2 minutes compared to 27.4 for the LMR I think it was. Of course learning the track helped too.
Oh, I used max downforce as I figured the corners were more important than the straights.
And had a couple of accidents both races where I had to reverse back to the track.

On random sections of the track, my car will suddenly feel like there's 0% grip and I spin out, and then it will get back to normal grip again after a set amount of seconds.

Did you stay on the ideal line all the time? I had a similar experience today. In lap 9 i came out of the pits with fresh RM tires and just went into the armco on the opposite side of the pit exit. Wetness was 0%, but it felt like i was driving on ice. Resumed the race and found out there was more grip on the ideal line. When i got off the line, the car was spinning again. At the end of the race more grip returned, but i couldn't pass the XJ220, because i still lost too much grip when i left the ideal line.

So i think the wetness percentage is the amount of rain that is falling and not the wetness on the track. If the rain has stopped, the track is still wet and it dries up faster on the ideal line.

It's also important which tires you choose. When i got into the pits, the pit crew recommended RH tires, and it seems to me it was just too early for the RM that i chose.

As to the tire question. It has been my impression that inters are the only tire to use for this race. I have tried them all, including full wets, and the inters give the best grip the whole race. What is strange though, your lap times get better the last 2 laps, but the AI is catching you by around 3 seconds a sector. I think the AI could have been better programmed on this one. They race like chumps until you pass them, and then the suddenly remember how to drive. The penalties, oh the penalties...I really do agree with an above statement that the AI cars deliberately brake check you to give you penalties. I have raced this race about a dozen times and have had 1 clean race. It is still a fun race, and there is a definite feeling of victory, when you finally win it. (And it pays out)

...your lap times get better the last 2 laps, but the AI is catching you by around 3 seconds a sector. They race like chumps until you pass them, and then the suddenly remember how to drive.

I have the opposite experience. My fastest lap is always the first, and at no time will the AI ever gain in me. Also, once I pass them they seem to lay down like crazy, to the point to where they are like racing around cones.

Just put forth 2nd attempt, same car-same tune just a general idea of the track off the line. Won with a 38 second lead, 1 pit on lap 5 (1st lap and most of 2nd were bone dry and ate my tires up pretty good). No crash issues with getting paid either. Golding an 'expert' one got me feeling pretty good. Might have to go online and get brought back to reality...

Back